Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

returning to the scene of the crime

Started by Anonymous, December 12, 2005, 05:27:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

(You should meet the guys i know then Hylian ^^ )

As soon she returned her attention back to him, he dashed towards the weapons he had previously set against a tree - it would be pointless to try and punch an armoured foe afterall, that is unless you want a broken hand.
He bounced his back-legs up and avoided her teeth once more - only to be thrown to is left by her batting arm, which was met by a painful roar, he slid six feet left of the dragon-ess' position.
After he came to rest, he took a few seconds before realising he was on the ground before attempting to get up, he gave a quick glance about for the weapons - only feet away. He wanted to get up but his legs were tired or injured, eitherway he was defenseless like this.

Anonymous

((No thank you ^^; I am a Highlander...we do not speak like that ^^; It's umm...a bit insulting...but I won't go any further than that :S

Maybe if you want to speak Scot (which is extremely outdated now but oh well) then read up some Scot books to get the language because uhh...I can hardly understand what the guy is saying ^^; It's like chatspeak there O_o ))

Probably other beings would want to keep away from a battle like this one waging close to a village and civilians but there was one that couldn't care less about what was going on. It tracked along the fields trying to escape the village due to the fact that he had been outnumbered when he tried to wage a small attack.

This being wasn't cut out for fighting like it was supposed to be. Being small and hardly strong it could not hold its own when it came to a crowd of people. It managed to scape from the people but it kept on running just incase a search was to go on close to the area. The creature was certainly a strange one...it did look like a person except for the freakish form it had which was concidered it's 'normal form'.

The creature was a quick little being at least, it was also a shapeshifter. Even if it was quite a weak creature it could still escape and try different strategies through shapeshifting...it was rumoured also that this creature was a failed experiment concocked by Dragons. Kicked out though it had to hold its own in a world like this...especially when there was a battle right around the corner.

As continued to run there was an awful noise up ahead; a noise of battle and hate. It didn't bother to stop though as this did intrigue the little creature. It ran towards the battle and through the trees only to find it was between a centaur and a dragon. The battle was certainly interesting, even if he didn't particularly like either creature (or any others for that matter), but that didn't stop it from sitting down on the corner of the battlefield and watching as the battle raged on.

Anonymous

The dragon was slightly distracted by the arrival of an audience, but decided to ignore it as the centaur was in a bad position right now. She moved towards him quickly, seeing that he seemed unable to get up at present. She reached out with her great paw, aiming to pin him down by putting pressure on the horse part. It was only then that she took the time to look at the visitor.

Well... she wasn't sure quite what to make of it. Of course, she couldn't use her magic to get anything more than what her senses could tell her because the fight wasn't quite over yet. It seemed to her that it was quite content to stay there and watch, so she turned her attention back to the centaur.

Anonymous

(Sorry, i don't mean it to be insultive. I'm welsh/english/german/irish afterall. lol. seriously though, i'm just trying to get it to a 18th century steriotypical accent - even if its not realistic its fantasy. I'll proberly have him change from being around other accemts over a long period of time lol, as they do.  8)
Oh and your right, its chatspeak to give the impression of his voice, afterall thats how he pronouces each word. )

He tried to get up once again to be met only by the bottom of a foot, the wind was knocked out of him. He looked up at her from where he was pinned to see she was distracted, his gaze followed hers to the spectator and back to the female atop him.
He took a few breaths and spoke slowly up to her. "Give mee ay warriurs death lass, t'is tha -" he coughs a bit under the pressure " - tha waye tu ende thes honurably." he almost coughed again, but forced it off - it was horrible being at somones mercy, it was only fair to meet death with a strong will and without the physical patheticness that it was under somones foot and spluttering to breathe, waiting for her to end this duel.

Anonymous

((Heh! Uhh in the 18th century we spoke no english ^^; We spoke gaelic...until the english started killing us all until we spoke english not to mention took all our traditions away and burned our houses! O_o Yeah Red Coats were evil...you know I live close to Culloden Battlefield- okay I'm rambling ^^; Anyways! Nothing against you of course I was just saying ^^;

Anyways lets just get a move on before I start ranting about my Glasweign side ^^; I'm just that wierd ^^; ))

The creature didn't care at all for the danger that could face it but it did love danger. It sat back in the grass and patted it gently before it did something quite disrespectful to two battling, "C'mon!!! I've seen better fights than this between two birds!! C'mon you wierd ass!! Die already!!" it shouted out at the two fighting; it was quite disrespectful to refer a centaur to being a donkey more or less.

The creature seemed to sound a lot more like a boy so it could had been that; it was hard to tell. Thing was it was never given a gender or anything to show it was a certain gender; probably calling a centaur a donkey wasn't as bad as what many people had called it (or at least 'him' or 'her').

'He' sat back in the grass trying to think of some more taunts to get the going; he thought it was fun to take advantage. He didn't know what the fight was all about but it was certainly something to watch and see what happens.

Anonymous

((You're up Kanina.))

Anonymous

((I know, I've just been busy.))

Latira was just about to answer the centaur, when the audience began taunting them. Something flared up inside of her, an emotion that made her blood boil at the lack of respect this creature was showing. She drew herself up, barbs straightening as her neck turned to face 'it'. She was quick, a snarling growl rising in her as she threw a large jet of flame at the creature, roaring the words 'Shut up you--' with the ending being indistinguishable with a few words mashed together to form one that really didn't mean anything. The general gist of her speech, however, could be easily understood.

Turning back to the centaur as she kept an eye on the moving flame with her peripheral vision, she spoke to him.

"This fight is over. I won't kill you, and you'll get your damned lancet out of my back."

She relieved the weight that she had been using to hold him down, removing her paw from him and settling herslef down on the ground.

"That is, you'll remove it if you want it back."

She looked to see what damage her fire had done to 'it', just now releasing the hold on her magic, feeling the rush as it all flooded back in.

Anonymous

Almost as soon she she lifted her weight off him he got up and checked his injures - nothing too severe, proberly a sprained leg or somthing.
"T'is nut uva lass, t'is until  tha deeth ur surrenda oot one of us." he stated rather calmly and approached her to remove his weapon in any-case.
But insted of removing it straight away, he stood to her side as she was down on the floor awaiting his 'treatment', his hand rested on part of the handle as if just teasing it out or waiting for the ready, Jonas still wasn't interested in the disrespectful creature - that is until the fight really was finished. Noone disrespects a centaur - it was lucky the dragon was so nice, a centaur would'nt give that luxary so easily.

(sorry for the short post, i wasn't sure how to reply - besides i'm going to bed. ^^ )

Anonymous

((Cool bed ^^ No problem!))

'He' saw the flames rush towards 'him' but didn't appear to do anything until the flames fired passed. When the flames had disappeared there was nothing there except a dark patch of burnt to the crisp grass. A little mouse-like creature emerged from the soil and began to laugh at her, "Haha you missed me! You missed me!!" it squeaked before it popped out of the ground and changed quickly back into the little creature looking smug but still dirty and a bit sooty.

'He' seemed pretty good at shapeshifting but hardly good enough like other shapeshifters were; especially if it used the ground to hide instead of the air. 'He' dusted the dirt away from 'his' head and shook himself before settling in the exact same spot as before, "That's your best shot?? My mamma could throw fire better than you can!" 'he' shouted before laughing, the fight did amuse 'him' if they did get annoyed at 'him' while they were.

Anonymous

Deciding that the creature could wait for a reaction from her, she kept watch on the centaur.

"If that is still in contact with me in two minutes, I'm burning it."

She sighed, thinking about the current predicament, the old blood rising in her at the thought of a fight to the death.. yet.. those days were over.. this was modern times now.. people had their own agendas.. spontaneous acts of vallantry didn't seem to happen to often now.. well.. to her knowledge. The centaur was one of a lingering type of creature..

She chuckled to herself, admiring the irony of this conflict.

((eh.. that was baaad..))

Anonymous

He smiled and took one hand to grasp the middle of the lancet firmly

"I'll Assuum yoo surrenda then?" he said with a chuckle before quickly whipping it out of the base of a spike, he turned the spearhead up towards the sky and examined the tip, running his finger on it - covered in what he assumed was dragons blood - yep, still sharp.
he glanced back at her wound, which would proberly be minor for a dragon.
He looked back to her features and continued "Until another day then?"
He waited for a reply before he would turn his attention to the shape-shifter.

Anonymous

"Ah ha ha ha!! What a loser! You guys do not know how to fight do you?? That was the trashiest battle I've ever seen! No wonder it was between an ugly lizard and an ass!" he laughed out at the call for an end to the battle. He thought it was completely pointless. He had seem many battles before but he had never seen one end so quickly when the winner was so obvious to him. He quite liked to taunt though, it was fun for him to do nasty things.

((Woo small post!))

Anonymous

She had decided to be lazy today.

"Til another day."

After the lancet was pulled out of her back, she relaxed, allowing the spines to lay flat against her back. Deciding to just lay there lethargically, she turned to survey the apparent shape-shifter. Feeling her magic easing back in place as her curiosity turned towards the little creature. Claws digging into the ground, like a content feline's. It would seem as though the shape-shifter had caught the attention of the centaur as well. This could be interesting to see how this would play out.

"What is your name, Centaur?"

Anonymous

"LATIRA?!!" A rather loud and angry sounding feminine voice rings through the air. Soon after, a femme with a lengthy black trenchcoat tromps towards the trio. She wears a nifty pairs of sunglasses and has shoulder length blue hair. She has baggy pants and a tattered white shirt. She stops in front of the dragon and peers up at her with an disapproving look on her face.
"What the hell's wrong with you?! Why the hell did you leave me up on the mountain?! And who the hell are they?!" The woman yells out questions, finalizing her last sentence with a gesture towards the centaur and shifter.

Anonymous

Jonas was about to answer the dragon while he picked up the equipment that had strewn the arena - he particularly took a throwing spear out of its sash into his right hand, throwing it up shortly into the air only to catch it on an off-hand, when suddenly this female barges out of the foilage and demands of a larger and more powerful being - she was either brave, stupid or friends with his respected duelist.
After all had gone silent - besides, no doubt the shapshifter was still tolling his toungue - he briskly threw the weapon once more into the air only to catch and quickly land it only inches above where its head would be - planted right into the tree stump.
"Jonas." he simply answered and slowly headed to retrieve his spear "Howe maye ay address yoo lass?" he chuckled - already been given the answer to the dragons name - he directed his question to the new arivee.

Anonymous

((Oops sorry didn't realise somebody had posted already ^^; ))

"You stupid Ass! Finish that dragon off! What's the point on you just fighting and then not killing them?? Gah! You thick-skulled twit!" he shouted at it as he got to his feet and stamped them hard, he was wanting a fight and to see some blood but he hardly got to see any. What a waste of time it was for him, "You guys suck! Just because some woman come in...sheesh! You both have stupid names too! Latira and Jonas...what kind of pathetic names are they?? Rubbish!"

He felt quite disappointed because of how the fight actually ended. He was hoping to see what he was made to do but he couldn't quite do. He even wondered whether there would ever be a fight again around here without him causing it. He growled in disappointment. Just because he was young didn't mean he didn't like blood and gore.

Anonymous

If anyone was looking at the dragon closely enough, they would have seen a definite start when her name was loudly announced from the newcomer. A slightly guilty look flickered across her otherwise passive face as she turned to face Feyda. Among the various thoughts that were now floating around her mind, the prominent one that surfaced was '... whoops..' in response to Feyda's appearance. Distractedly turning her attention from the centaur, she lowered her head to Feyda.

"Eh... I forgot? His name's Jonas.. and I don't know what that thing over there is.. but it can shapeshift and appears to have experience around dragons."

She paused.. unsure of what to do next, before continueing her conversation with Feyda.

"Would blowing up something large from a freefall make it up? Oh, and Jonas- my name's Latira."

The last part was said in a slightly louder voice, directed towards the centaur's question.

Anonymous

Jonas nodded and moved out of the way incase the dragon were to take off suddenly, he laid under a tree and rested a bit - even the gods have to and he wasn't even one...

(sorry for the extremely short post but i'm museless.)

Anonymous

((I'll post just to get it going ^^; ))

"Thing?!?!?! Who are you calling thing??!!" he suddenly raged looking extremely peeved, "I am the great Quinn of the Zearacnak clan! How dare you call me a thing!!! I am more dragon than you'll ever be!!" he continued to shout but soon stopped and growled angrily. He looked towards the Centaur with a curious yet angered look before he headed over to him stomping along, "Bet you don't even know of my either huh?? You loser! Losing to a dragon! How pathetic!"

Anonymous

Jonas looked at the pathetic form before him, a hissy-fit. Great.
He almost burst out laughing at how it reacted to the conversation, but held his dignity.

Dispite all this he ignored the random arrivees, to continue to honor the fight, lost and won. He gave a breif bow to the dragon  - assuming she looked in his direction.
He stood up slowly and gathered his things, heading back through the forest to the farmland once more.
"Untile Anothar day lass."
He repeated before moving through the thicket of trees.