Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Harvest Moon (M)

Started by Lion, June 07, 2015, 02:07:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lion

At his vague threat, Jouzan cackled a crowish laugh and bundled further into the warmth.  "Stupid bow is stupid," he cackled again, a vaguely heard comment.

But Theon heard it, and he scowled, but did not look at the bird.

"I was following tracks...but they...seemed to have vanished," he mused, turning to the matter at hand.  The tracks had dispersed, with the snow both covering them, and almost as if it nothing had disturbed it at all.  Had they gone off in the wrong direction?  He wasn't sure about that. 

"We keep going," he said.  "We will look for some sort of civilization.  And ask if anyone else has seen the thing we saw."

Like to kill mages?  Join the Order!
The Order of St. Agratha

Help Rebuild Connlaoth from the ashes of war!
The Red Legion

Jump in the water's fine!
Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"Life is a series of dogs." -George Carlin
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

Draconian

Taich let go of Tristan and she could feel the look her gave her. That blue eye looking up at her and the contempt her felt for that bird. Needless to say, it entertained her far more than she'd ever let on and she took great effort to keep her expression neutral. Two strange talking side-kicks. What were the chances.

Perhaps it was Fate.

A moment to collect her thoughts and Taich looked down at the ground. "Do you have a map or... Something? Mar..." Taich frowned for a moment and looked down at Tristan. Carefully she took the bow off her chest and pulled him taunt. Taich carefully took a strand of hair, notched the bow and shot it at the sky.

It felt directly straight a few feet behind them, sticking out of the snow to mark their way. "There. Now we know where we've been." A moments pause and she looked over at Theon, "Unless you have a better idea."

Lion

"I could pee in the snow, but that wouldn't help anybody," he said after a moment, watching her hairrow sticking out of the snow.  "That'll do."  A gentle grin and he started off the other way.

And beady eyes peaked out from the hood, looking at her and the bow, snickering some more.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

Draconian

Taich eyed the bird just as Tristan eyed the bird as she followed Theon.

"Your bird is laughing at us," She said after a moment, "Did you raise him?"

Lion

"I raised Theon!  He's my son!  Can't you see the family resemblance?" Jouzan cackled and burrowed back into the hood.  It was too cold for flying and he only wanted to sleep.  Even if their company was interesting.

Theon sighed, exasperated.  "Er, no.  As far as I can remember, he'd just been my companion. I don't know how he knows how to speak."

"I didn't leeearn how to speak," Jouzan corrected from inside the hood.  "I could always speak.  Did you learn to conversate from a log?"

"Jouzan!"

Another cawed cackle.

"I'm...sorry about that," Theon sighed.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

Draconian

Taich looked between the man and the bird, pursing her lips after a moment before notching the bow again and shooting at the sky. Another perfectly straight arrow right behind them, the other black arrow not too far away in a mostly straight line.

"You know, Joey, now that you mention it," She squinted at Theon, "I do see a resemblance." What an odd bird. Taich looked at Tristan as she held him at her side and there was a brief moment of confused eye contact. Tristan didn't know what to make of the bird either. At least he could explain himself away.

"Why are you sorry about that?" Taich gave Tristan a wave and he sneered at her, "My pet bow swears at me. Though, your boy is pretty snappy with his insults. Sorry," Taich paused, looking at Theon's hood, "Your father is snappy with his insults."

Lion

Jouzan cawed again within the confines of Theon's hood and Theon suddenly reached back and pried the bird from it. He held Jouzan firmly in his hands and the bird pecked at his fingers at being handled so roughly, and finally settled at being on his shoulder.  "He's a character, that's for sure," Theon commented with a sigh, nursing his hands.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

Draconian

Taich winced when the bird bit at Theon's hand, watching them for a moment. Why pull him from the hood when the bird was just going to be a grumpy dick anyway? Taich reached for Theon's hand without thinking, taking it for a moment to examine it. Nothing awful, so she dropped it. "Your father is a cranky old man," She commented idly before another hairrow was planted into the snow behind them while they walked.

"Do you have any idea where we're going? A map? Some directions?"

Lion

"Hm...no," Theon admitted and stopped then.  Because in reality they were wasting unnecessary calories and the air only seemed to get colder the farther they walked.  He glanced at Taich then Tristan, and then finally poked the hood on his shoulder.  "Time to take to the sky Jouzan."

The crow gave a caw, and crawled out of the hood, pecking the side of Theon's head gently before flying upward.  He was a gray and darkly feathered grow, and the white of his belly shone in the reflecting snow.  Vaguely.

Jouzan scouted above, and Theon started moving again, and found remnants of another camp a few miles away.  "I can see what he sees, we share vision, so to speak.  There's some civilization up ahead.  Be wary yes?  Keep some of those hairrows handy."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

Draconian

Be wary.

If she'd been wary she wouldn't be with him in the first place.

Now Tristan wanted to keep him company and she was his humble servant.

"I'll use actual arrows," Taich gave him a look, frowning slightly. Hairrows. Trying to look up at the crow Taich could only squint and before long she was watching Theon. "Is he your familiar?"

Lion

"Jouzan.  I've come to accept that he is my companion.  He goes where I go.  We are inseparable.  And frankly, I'm happy for his company.  Are you happy for the company of your bow?  Or does the bow own himself?  I don't know how that works, I'm afraid."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

Draconian

Taich looked at the bow in her hand and Tristan looked back at her.

"I am my own" Tristan's eye briefly turned into a mouth to answer the question.

Taich nodded, "I made a pact. Though the longer this goes on, the more I think I got duped." She cast a glance at the bow who quickly looked away. Another shrug though, "It gives me a purpose though and it's better than rotting away alone in a cabin." Blowing out a breath she looked at Theon and pursed her lips, "You gonna lead the way?"

Lion

"Maybe you did," Theon said gently, observing the bow in the aftermath of its outburst.  It's sentience was unnerving, but not one that he couldn't become accustomed to, for a short time that was.

He nodded to her and led the way across a small patch of growing weeds, and here trees popped up here and there through the expanse until they got close enough for Jouzan to return to Theon's shoulder.  And the camp was there before them.

Seemingly abandoned?  Or were the inhabitants merely asleep in their tent?

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

Draconian

A smirk.

If Taich had learned one thing it was that this bow was tricky and one way or another, he got what he wanted. Tristan played the long game and what was not apparent to begin with was made evident a long way down the road. Which was why she was in the tundra of all places. From the Niahi woods to the tundra.

What a ways.

Careful to tuck away her hair under her hood and pull her mask back up over her face she gave Theon a weary look. Tristan was content to remain quiet at her side while they walked and she gave the bird a look.

"Hello?" Taich called out after pulling the mask back down. Tristan reverted into looking like a plain bow simply to avoid questions and she took a few steps closer to the camp, "Is anyone here?"

Lion

There was something.

A caw, but not from Jouzan.  From the flap of one of the tents, a bird flew out, covered in blood - perhaps from feasting.  And another man emerged from another tent, not wearing much at all for such a cold setting.  He held his arms out, waving them

"N-no!  Stay back!  Begone from here!  Swiftly!" he cried out, seeing the pair wandering through the trees. 

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

Draconian

Today wasn't a good day for anyone.

Taich stared for a moment and instead of doing what he told them, she moved closer. Moving in front of Theon and holding an arm out to keep him back.  "We can help," she said softly, staring at him with wide eyes before she began to remove the fur coat she wore over her normal one, holding it out for the man, "What happened?"

Lion

The man was too distraught for anything further out of him.  Instead he whimpered and moved back into the tent, producing a knife.  He stayed low in the snow.  "Stay back!" he barked again.  Theon's hand moved to Lohengrin, but something told him this man was too terrified to be thinking rationally.

"Don't," Theon said, and reached for Taich's shoulder, pausing her advance. 

"I-I..I mean it!"  The man's voice cracked hoarsely.  "I'll slice you in two."

"We mean no harm," Theon quickly called back.  "Please.  Put down the blade."

The man huffed, his hand shaking as he looked back at the other tent, of the dead man inside.  "You've heard it haven't you?" he said, voice shaking as much as he was.  "The screams?  The screams of people being...devoured!?"

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

Draconian

Taich's initial reaction was to be snappish but Theon telling her a simple 'don't' kept her tongue at bay and kept her from grabbing one of those arrows. The strangers threat to slice her in two simply had her tilting her head, giving him a long look. A brief look towards Theon and she simply stood there and held the fur, staying quiet.

There was little that had Taich worry.

"You're alive," She stated simply, looking him up and down, "We're tracking a beast." Taich stated, looking to Theon, curious if he was going to take the reigns or not. Was he the comforting sort? The kind to make sure everyone was okay?

"Did you awaken to them dead?" The question was probably a little inappropriate, but there were questions that needed to be answered and the sooner they were asked the sooner those answers would happen.

Lion

It was Theon that stepped forward, carefully, still wary of this crazed man, who was too terrified to even speak intelligibly.

He was in tears even and when Theon as close enough he put a hand on his shoulder gently, stilling him for a moment. 

"He was...t-torn t-to pieces!" he said, inhaling sharply and peering up at Taich and the fur cloak.  Theon nodded to her.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

Draconian

Taich reached out with the fur cloak and wrapped it around the mans shoulders, giving him space quickly. The lack of fur cloak on her her made her far smaller than she seemed previously, looking like the wind that could pick up any moment would cut right through her. Still, she was dressed appropriately and Taich looked at the man then back to Theon.

Torn to pieces.

Was it the same beast?

She gave a weary look towards the man but she tried to offer a gentle smile all the same, "Were you hurt at all?"

Tags: