Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Thunderback Rim: Rider compatible?! [Hiddenblade]

Started by Winters-Feather, June 08, 2015, 08:46:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Winters-Feather

"Well, I can't ride you bareback," Taiyou insisted. "Think about it. I need someway to secure myself without falling off you while we're in mid air and I have to use magic behind and below us at 70 degrees. It's dangerous. And without being properly secured, I could potentially hurt you, Flint."
She bit her lip, not liking the thought of that.
"But that's good lightning doesn't scare you. That'll help. I'm a weather mage, you see," she explained, trying to be humble about it.

Finally, fifty yards ahead of them was the giant infermary.

thehiddenbeast13

Flint sighed and said,"Well I'm just not used to saddles, alright? Those odd things always fell weird when they're on my back." After that, he could only shake his head as he could now see the infirmary.   

Winters-Feather

Shioko nodded in agreement.
They do at first, he agreed. 
Taiyou offered Flint a small smile.
"We'll figure something out," she promised, wondering how on earth they were going to fit Shioko's saddle onto him. She thoguhtfully looked at the shaggy haired dragon.
You wonder how he changes back with his clothes on? she silently pointed out to Shioko.
He snorted.
Taiyou shrugged, glad he was in good spirits.

Once inside, an  alabaster dragon with a broken horn ushered them to an empty corner. She growled over the torn wing, and muttered to herself a list of things needed.
You two should leave, she said in a not unkindly matter. I've enough work to do without worrying about trampling small ones over.

thehiddenbeast13

Flint thanked the dragon for her hard work and walked out with a sigh. He then turned to Taiyou and asked,"Do you even have a saddle big enough for me?" He couldn't help but chuckle to himself for asking such a thing. He hated the saddles, but he had already agreed to take the other dragon's place.

Winters-Feather

Taiyou raised her  brows and shrugged.
"We're going to have to find out," she said with a nervous laugh. "Somehow. It's back in the cave we're staying in. I can take you there."

thehiddenbeast13

Flint smiled and nodded. "Lead the way." He said extending a arm out. He then lowered it and began following the "leader".

Winters-Feather

Taiyou noted the arm, and arched a brow with a smirk. She went down the paths that lead toward th visiter section of the mountain. It was riddled with caves both occupied and unoccupid, though most tims, only a fourth of them were ever used. During the games, however, they were packed. Luckily enough, Shioko had insisted on arriving early, and Taiyou didn't mind missing a knightly tournament for something of more dragon sized porportions.  The found a small cave nest in the middle that was easy to access through the mountains inner network.

"Im back," she said to air. Suddenly, gusts of wind blew in the cave, causing their clothes and hair to flap as if in a gale.  They brushed past Taiyou's ear as they told her of the many creatures that came past their door, and how exciting it was to see so many dragons. Nothing, however, served to threaten teh mage or steal her equipment.  Taiyou nodded and thanked the winds for being clever and waved her hand. The gale was suddenly over. She hoisted Shioko's saddle over her shoulder and smiled apoligetically to Flint.
"They think they're funny, the breezes," she explained, tucking a white strand of hair behind her ear. She patted the saddle. It was heavy, but she was used to its weight.
"Let's go outside and try this on," she suggested.

thehiddenbeast13

Flint nodded as they walked outside and eyed the saddle for a moment. "Now this, this is the part I hate about being able to take on a human form." He then quickly bit down extremely hard on his thumb, drawing blood. As the blood trickled down his thumb, it seemed to be forming into small scales all around his hand and slowly spreading through the rest of his body. His eyes reverted back to their reptilian form and Flint grew large as his clothes soon changed to scales and large, amber wings shot from his back. He grew large and soon, the transformation was complete. Flint was now once again in his dragon form and calmly awaited the saddle to be placed onto his back.

Winters-Feather

Taiyou winced as Flint bit his finger. She watched for a moment as he trasnformed , but then turned her head away. It didn't seem polite, somehow.
That looked painful, she thought to herself as she got out of his way. When he finallly completed reverting back to a dragon's form, Taiyou appraoched him and carefully placed the saddle on his back.

"Don't move," she warned him as she  fumbled with the straps.  Shioko was thinner in built, but thankfully the straps had slack. After a couple of minutes of fumbling with straps and readjusting them - it was tricky working around Flint's wing type- Taiyou finally made the saddle secure.
"How does that feel?" she asked. "Too tight anywhere?"

thehiddenbeast13

Flint joking rustled his rear and shook his head. The saddle still felt odd on him, but he would have to put up with it. He soon looked back at Taiyou and motioned with his head to hop on. They had to practice anyways, why not do it now?

Winters-Feather

Taiyou laughed at the dragons silliness.
Humor is good, she thought, and so was a saddle that fit, but she had never really tried to ride a dragon other than shioko before, much less one who wasnt a knights partner.
Still, for his sake, she had to try.
"Okay," she said with some hesitance.

She hoisted herself up with ease and harnessed herself in.

"ready" she exclaimed, snapping on her googles.

thehiddenbeast13

Flint waited until Taiyou had said "ready" and suddenly began to back up. After taking a few steps back, Flint charged ahead and opened his wings before he suddenly shot up into the sky. He then began flying at a slow speed...then began to quickly gain some speed and he tore through the sky with his new "rider".

Winters-Feather

At first, Taiyou sat stiffly, her shoulders too hunched, her legs too tight.
Relax, she told herself. She needed to relax. She had to think of this as Flint being a partner on a mission. Taiyou silently let him fly as he pleased as she adjusted herself to him. The mage practiced turning and out reaching her arm, as if to send out a surge of magic. She smiled confidently, enjoying the chilly air in her face. She loved flying. The cold never bothered her, anyway, not much. Still, this was a training session, not a joy ride.

"Okay," she said outloud, more to herself than him. "I think I got this."
She leaned over to pat Flint's neck.
"Hey, Flint," she said. "Please show me what you can do. We're going to be up against teams that know each other well.I need to get a basic idea of some of your tricks."
She paused.
"And you mine, I suppose."

thehiddenbeast13

Flint nodded in agreement as he suddenly shot straight into the air and began to spiral. His wings covered Taiyou as he continued his upward spiral and leveled out after a few more spins. After a bit of casual flying, he began to preform aerial spins and rolls before doing something that was a bit dangerous: He breathed fire and he made a downward spiral, almost creating rings of fire as he continued to launch down. He stopped breathing fire and leveled up once more and looked at Taiyou to make sure she was still on.

Winters-Feather

As Flint performed more tricks, Taiyou grew more confident as she learned to shift her weight slightly as h turnd, or when to hold onto for her life. She let out a whoop of startlement as Flint let out a burst of flame. as they spiraled through a ring of fire. She pressed herself against him to avoid  its touch, and laughed in triumph when they passed through. When he looked back at her, she nodded in approval, pushing back rebellious strands of hair.
"You're feeling good? It's my turn, now," she said, straightening herself out.

She touched the tip of her staff and carefully drew out what looked like a crackling bit of golden thread, crackling in the palm of her hand. She didn't want to waste too much lightening , but she had a few bolts to spare.
"You wanna do that again?" she asked, eagerly. "We can stop whenever you want. I want to practice aiming. At clouds."
She added the last bit rushd, hoping he didn't think she was going to  casually throw bolts where they didn't belong.

thehiddenbeast13

Flint stared at the bolts for a moment, but agreed and continued doing tricks. He did a few loop-de-loops and spins, occasionally letting loose his fire breath. Flint looked back once more to get ready to watch Taiyou and her bolts once more.

Winters-Feather

Taiyou took a deep breath the moment before Flint took off into the air again. Doing tricks with a dragon she didn't share a connection with was dangerous; she knew she had to be more cautious. Her green eyes focused on a cloud directly above her. Taiyou timed the loop and with a yell let out a crackling bolt towards the sky. She did this a few more times in all directions, with calculated pauses in between, always trying to keep the lightning facing away from Flint's body. When Flint finished, Taiyou closed her fist around the remaining lightning left in hand, shuddering as the energy rippled through her body. She felt a little dizzy, from all the spins, and so she focused on the dragon's face to keep her orientated.
"You okay?" she asked him, a little embaressed. "I won't shoot lightning anymore if you're not comfortable with it."

thehiddenbeast13

Flint nodded at Taiyou's question, but soon landed again to take a rest for a moment. The dragon laid flat down on the ground with Taiyou still on his back, smoke starting to escape from his nostrils. IT was clear that Flint may have overdone it, just a little.

Winters-Feather

Taiyou knew a tired dragon when she saw one, and she immediately undid herself from the harness and jumped off th dragon's back. She stretched out her limps before plopping into the grass and dirt besides his face, her staff laying in the ground next to her. She stared at him for a moment, deep in thought.
"You're quite formatable," she finally said. "I'm kind of surprised you took to it so quickly."

thehiddenbeast13

Flint didn't seem to care about the comment and lowered his head further and felt like taking a short nap, but chose against it. He then raised up his head and rolled her staff over to him with one of his wings. He wanted a better look at it, so he lowered his head again and began to look closely at the craftsmanship; clearly intrigued.