Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

A Fairy's Hairy Adventure

Started by Shinn Zighelm, June 12, 2015, 01:58:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shinn Zighelm

Shinn flew through a few trees and into a small clearing. He had picked up an apple and needed place to eat  it. The small fairy flew up to the one three in the center of the clearing and sat on the lowest branch. He took the first bite of the apple and the refreshing joice quickly filled his mouth. Shinn chewed slowly, savoring the fresh taste.

After eating all he could, the fairy saw two squirrels claim the tree. They both stopped and stared at Shinn for a few seconds. Shinn got slightly annoyed from the staring, "It's not nice to stare at someone, you know?"

The two squirrels looked at each other and one said, "Whatever, lets go." And the two ran up to the top. Shinn followed them.

"You don't have to be like that," Shinn said when he reached the top and sat down.

One of the squirrels ran over to Shinn and pushed him off the small branch. The young fairy fell, almost hitting a branch. He was able to regain his flight, only to his a lower branch. When he hit the ground, it dazed him.

SilmeriaElemred

Not long after Shinn had fallen down, a group of five young wolves reached the clearing. Playing by leaping on and over one another with playful bites. One of them stopped however.

''Look at this little thing..'' it said softly before carefully hitting Shinn's head with her paw
''What did you find what did you find!'' the smallest spoke. Well small. For wolfpups they were not the usual size.
''I do not know.''
The other three pups joined too, one bringing its nose really close to Shinn. ''It smells like apples.'' he said before noticing the wings. ''Is it a bug perhaps?''
''How can it be a bug. It has some weird human features.'' the girl who found him stated.

Shinn Zighelm

Shinn was brought out of his dazed state by the feeling of a little paw hitting his head. The light pain cleared his mind and opened his eyes. Shinn heard little voices talking about him so he sat up to see who or what the sources were. The little fairy saw that he was surrounded by five wolf pups.

"You would by right about me not being a bug, young one," Shinn said to the female pup, who disagreed with her siblings, "I'm a fairy."

SilmeriaElemred

The youngest pup quickly jumped behind the biggest of the group the moment Shinn spoke. ''It talks!'' she shrieked.
''A fairy?'' one of the males asked which made another ask what the heck a fairy was.

''Mommy told about those once. They are mischievous, pretty, grant wishes and such.'' a male pup said proud he seemed to know and then turned to the smallest behind him. ''But after they granted you your wish, they turn into viscious monsters and EAT YOU!'' he said which clearly scared the young one.

''Do not be so mean Cedric...'' the girl spoke before it started to change shape. Gaining the form of a human girl whilest her light grey fur vanished making place for light brown tanned skin and wearing a simple dress which was kinda weird since her body for a girl her age was rather muscular. Now having hands she picked up Shinn and studied him. ''What is a fairy doing here? Never seen one before.'' she stated before very gently poking his cheek with one of her fingers.

Shinn Zighelm

Shinn listened as the pup's silly explanation of what a fairy was then said, "well, there might be fairies like that out there, but I'm not that kind of fairy."

As soon as the fairy was done talking, Shinn watched with curiosity as one of wolves changed forms, into that of a young girl. "Oh, I see now."

Then she picked him up and ask him what he was doing here. Then she poked his cheek. When Shinn could speak, he said, "I love nature, so I visit here often. I was eating an apple up on that branch, when two squirrels came up. They stared at me, and I told them is not nice to stare, and they ignored me. They both went up the top, and I followed them. Then one of them pushed me off and I fell." Shinn paused, "then you came along."

SilmeriaElemred

''Pushing you off is not really nice.'' the girl said rubbing his little head gently. All other pups except for the smallest one turned into their representing human form too.

''Want me to teach them a lesson?'' the biggest one asked with a mischievous smirk on his face.

''I bet in trade for your best piece of meat that you will fall down without succeeding hunting the critters down.'' the girl said with the same type of smirk.
The smallest one still had hid herself behind the biggest but slowly dared to at the least show her head finally daring to speak. ''After what happened in the Thunderbacks Quicksilver will scold you if you climb a tree..'' she said softly.

''Who cares. One day, I will lead the pack and then the pups can play whenever and however they want.'' the boy said boldly.

''What is your name little one?'' the girl asked after she stopped poking Shinn's cheek.

Shinn Zighelm

"No, you don't need to do that. And youngster (biggest one) that would be a very bad move as alpha. Letting children do whatever they want would be very dangerous, and could cause unnecessary deaths," Shinn told the boy.

Shinn turned to the girl and answered, "my name is Shinn, and I'm a lot older than I look. Can ask your names?"

SilmeriaElemred

''My name is Cedric, the leader of these five.'' the biggest one said proudly causing the girl whom still held Shinn on her hand to laugh. ''Leader? Yea right. Leader of mischief at the most.'' he said and ended her laugh with a chuckle. ''I am Myst Fairtail. Nice meeting you.''

''We are Renn and Ella. Twins.'' a male and female cub spoke leaving the smallest one still left to speak her name.
''Nayma..'' she said very softly.

''Nayma is a little scared and shy but will come around eventually. She's adopted.'' Cedric said but none of the other cubs responded to it. ''Nayma can not morph yet.''

Shinn Zighelm

"It's nice to meet you all. In all my years, I haven't seen many werewolves, let alone met any, so this is a first," Shinn said looking from one to the next. When he turned to Nayma, the little fairy gave a friendly smile. "It doesn't matter if she's adopted or not, she's still family, am I wrong?"

Then Shinn flew up a little and moved the center of the small circle of werewolves. Then he cast a small earth spell by saying, "chire Ernth." After a second a small round pillar of earth rose and Shinn sat down on it.

SilmeriaElemred

''Of course Nayma is family. Our leader Quicksilver, he is huge and really strong. And made our pact quote that family does not start or end with blood.'' Myst spoke proudly.

''But very mean people killed Nayma's mommy and daddy which made her a bit shy. But Quicksilver took her in after finding her.'' Ren said gently rubbing the little pup's head which seemed to cheer the little one up a little.

It was then they saw the little bit of magic Shinn performed and all pups seemed to be amazed by it. ''That is amazing! Can you teach us?'' Ella asked with big eyes

Shinn Zighelm

"Quicksilver seems really cool. I don't know if Werewolves have a proficiency for magic, but I suppose I can check. Could one of you come closer?" Shinn said pointing to a spot in front of him.

Shinn started to focused energy on the spot he had pointed to and an elaborate magic circle appeared. He chanted along spell before exended his arms.

SilmeriaElemred

''Some have magic.'' Cedric said. ''But they mostly only know how to control it or keep it at bay. Never advancing it further.''

All pups watched the fairy's every move. Not wanting to miss anything what he did.