Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The Essyrni Thieves' Guild (Rebooted)

Started by Klezmer Gryphon, June 26, 2015, 06:45:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Klezmer Gryphon

The Essyrni Thieves' Guild

The Essyrni Thieves' Guild is arguably the largest criminal presence in Essyrn. While it's members may have different motivations and beliefs, they are all bound by their common trade of thievery. And, they are always looking for new talent.

Locations

The Guild makes it's home in an old tavern called The Laughing Jackal. While The Laughing Jackal feels, looks, and operates like a regular inner city tavern, it's merely a front to avoid the suspicion of the guards. If one goes to the basement and looks behind the staircase, there is a hidden door to headquarters of the Essyrni Thieves' Guild: The Rathole, a large underground complex with bunks for guild members, a vault for the treasury, and an office where most of the negotiations between the guild and its clients take place.

Members, Ranks, and The Rules of Thievery

While any member of the guild can bring someone in to join the Guild, the prospective thief has to go to one of the Master Thieves in order to actually be inducted. Part of the induction requires that the member-to-be accept the Rules of Thievery, a set of rules the current Guild-Master Ri'naav Evariin implemented to better the organization:

I. Thou shalt not steal from the poor and homeless.
II. Thou shalt not take what thou cannot carry.
III. Thou art responsible for your fellow theives.
IV. Thou shalt not compromise the Guild.

The Circle

Composed of the Guild-Master and three of his most trusted asscoiates, the Circle is the governing body of the guild. While the Guild-Master is ultimately responsible for accepting new members, he leaves the actual day to day running of the guild to his three master thieves, hand picked for their experience and loyalty to the guild.

Title
Name
Player
Guild-Master
Klezmer Gryphon
Master Thief
Open
Master Thief
Open
Master Thief
Open

Thieves and Informants
Thieves and informants make up the majority of the thieves' guild in Essyrn. Bound by the Rules of Thievery, thieves undertake most of the jobs the guild gets, and thus are the "public face" of the organization, while the informants are hidden amongst the crowds, gathering intelligence about anything that might be of use to the guild, be it changes in guard patrols, or opportunities for big heists, all under the guise of beggars, layabouts and know-nothings.

Once characters are submitted, I'll replace this area with a table of who's who.

Fences
Fences are, at the simplest, the merchants and shop keepers that buy your stolen goods and make sure no one knows where the items came from. While the network of fences throughout Essyrn is a separate entity in itself, most, if not all have connections to the Essyni Thieves' Guild, and thus are listed here as trusted depositories of less-than-legally-obtained items. These can range from humble peddler's shops to the caravans of wealthy merchant princes.

LadyAstrid

http://www.spiritsoftheearth.net/smf/index.php?topic=19196.new#new

Take a look and let me know! He would just be a regular ranked thief. I'll be making a master thief for you too. I just thought of something after rereading. Fiahd could be an informant too, when necessary.