Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Yes, of Course I'm Staying to Watch! (SilmeriaElemred!)

Started by JackieCat, June 28, 2015, 10:22:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JackieCat

Faelis nodded. "Are you looking to travel sometimes soon?  Are you going to wait awhile or are you ready but just don't have enough resources to set out?"  Faelis took another drink from his ale. "I had virtually nothing when I set out, except for my daggers and the clothes on my back, though I'd like to say I've fared pretty good, I'm not dead and I'm not broke!  I can fight well, both with my daggers and freestyling, which I prefer if it comes to a fight, though if my enemy has weapons I'll be forced to use mine.  I don't like hurting people badly.  I'd rather have to punch someone in the face than cut them with my knife."

The thief didn't mention that, though he really did hate hurting people with his weapons, a good fistfight was something he would often enjoy.
My Open Threads!
None currently, but if you want to thread, don't hesitate to PM me!

My Characters!
Kirl Moonharber---Lorin--- The Feari --- Akhe---Kilarhas---Naarilash---Kinn---Jiminie---Faelis---Karishk---Cirick---Sieera---Kornos--- Ariznim--- Dergan---Meerior---Zier'ik'shalsalimigarizdeniime---Keyne---Seridin---Elliot---Healin---Warn Danish---Revvil---Kashka---Ishka---Nox---Skiffiles---Jlyyth---
Flordia
---Larcan---Kannae---Anton

For summaries of my characters, JackieCat's Characters!

Some people live more in twenty years than others do in eighty.  It's not the time that matters, it's the person.
~The Doctor

SilmeriaElemred

In theory I can go whenever I wish. I have some savings from working. I have clothes that are practical for traveling... I only need to say goodbye to my mother. She already knows I had plans to leave and said she would take care of the stuff I can't bring with.'' she explained.

''As for hurting people I do not think I have that in me. I forgave my childhood friend for what he did after I saw his face. I know that if I'd see him again, it will not be any different.

She thought about saying goodbye to Denzel as well but he most likely was to busy with his new wife and family matters. Her mother could perhaps drop by a letter.

''Before I get misplaced hopes and the wrong idea. Are you suggesting I could come with you?''

JackieCat

A smile spread on Faelis's face. "Exactly what I was saying!" He said, now grinning. "Though only if you want to, of course.  I'm ready to go whenever you are.  Literally." he reached down under his chair and pulled out a small leather pack. "In here is all that I own.  I could leave this second if I wanted to."

He set the bag back under his chair and leaned forward, looking into Leyla's eyes. "If you want to come with me, are you sure about this?  Traveling will change your life.  It changed mine for the better, I know that, but perhaps think about it a little before you make your final decision."
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Kirl Moonharber---Lorin--- The Feari --- Akhe---Kilarhas---Naarilash---Kinn---Jiminie---Faelis---Karishk---Cirick---Sieera---Kornos--- Ariznim--- Dergan---Meerior---Zier'ik'shalsalimigarizdeniime---Keyne---Seridin---Elliot---Healin---Warn Danish---Revvil---Kashka---Ishka---Nox---Skiffiles---Jlyyth---
Flordia

Some people live more in twenty years than others do in eighty.  It's not the time that matters, it's the person.
~The Doctor

SilmeriaElemred

Leyla listened to Faelis' words carefully. She knew her mother loved her but also supported her. Her father, most likely would hear out Faelis and make sure the man had no weird intentions. Leyla was not sure if it was wise to trust him either. She barely knew the man and yet, leaving the city with him sounded exiting even though far in her mind she knew the risk.

But truth be told. She had been wanting to leave. A change in her life. Discover new things about herself.

''I know I am taking a risk... but I... do not feel at home here anymore.'' despite her loving parents, Denzel and some other friends, she had always dreamt of leaving Arca. And her recent events with Kato had only made that feeling stronger. The thought he could stand at her doorstep actually made her heart ache.

Thinking more about it. Was this not running away? It certainly sounded like it.

''I just hope I will not be in your way..'' she said as she looked in his eyes. ''Just let me grab what I need and see my parents so they know I am off and not abducted.''

JackieCat

"You wouldn't be in the way in the least," Faelis said. "And take as long as you like in talking to your parents."  He thought for a moment. "When you're ready, I'll be staying in Room 4 in the Hail Inn.  We can meet there when you're packed and everything."

Faelis was actually excited about traveling with this young woman.  It would be a interesting experience, something new. She might find out he's a thief, but if she did, he'd deal with that when it came to it, for the time being he was just going to live in the moment as much as possible.
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

SilmeriaElemred

Leyla nodded. ''Understood.'' she said and drank her mead after finishing her food. She felt exited. Even more alive. And nervous. If Denzel knew this he'd scold her for sure. Her mother and father too.

''I could perhaps introduce you to my mother and father tomorrow, when they are awake. It might make them worry less.'' she giggled. ''Before I get the speech of 'I thought we raised you better'.''

She did not drink her current glass as fast as her first one though since now she had the time to enjoy it more. ''Other then clothes, something to sleep on, blanket and keramic knives. Anything you'd recommend I bring along?'' she figured she'd ask from someone who was used to traveling in case she'd forget something obvious.

JackieCat

"I'd like to meet your parents," Faelis said it would lower the suspicion rate by a lot.  Rather than "Mother, Father, I'm running off with a young elf man' it'd be, 'Mother, Father, I'd like you to meet Faelis Gindien, we've decided to travel together'.  Okay, not too much better, but still.

"You could bring some food," Faelis answered to her question, brushing his long black hair from his face, the small bones and beads quietly clinking together. "Unspoilable things, bread, apples, maybe.  Jerky, if you eat meat, you know, those kinds of things.  And I always bring some strong rope and string, you never know when rope will come in handy.  You said clothes, but one of the most important things is a pair of sturdy, road-appropriate shoes.  I prefer boots, they support your ankle more."
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

SilmeriaElemred

''I have a pair of good boots. String.. I can pack the silk string I use for sowing.'' She had a few spools.

Provisions she could buy with some of the money she owned, along with rope.

''I will make sure I will bring everything we could need. In practical amounts.'' The inn became emptier and emptier and at some point the owner aproached, giving Leyla a small pouch of coins and complimented her on her good work. Also reminding her to bring the silken sheets with her before bad her a good night.

''Will you be alright heading back on your own at this hour?'' He asked

''You ask me every time. I will be fine.'' Leyla assured.

'' normally you do not make most of my customers jealous.'' He joked before heading to the back

JackieCat

Faelis nodded when she said she had good boots and string.  The inn was nearly empty now and the innkeeper came up and asked Leyla if she was fine going home that late.  Faelis stood. "I'll meet you at the Hail Inn and then I can meet your parents."

He was about to take his leave when he saw the big mercenary lurking near the door in the shadows.  The innkeeper walked away and Faelis quickly sat back down and leaned forward so Leyla could heard his whisper.

"That creep is waiting by the door, for you or me, I don't know, but I think we should leave out the back, and he still might follow you.  I know you said you'd be fine getting home, and I believe that, on a normal night.  But with that guy there. . ." Faelis trailed off, waiting for Leyla to decide what she wanted to do.
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

SilmeriaElemred

Leyla nodded. ''That creep... refering to the same guy as earlier?'' she asked. Not sure if it was the same one or a new one. She got on her feet actually quite calm. ''Do you not think it is suspicious if we both head to the back? But I suppose it is better then getting out of the front now''

She wondered if she'd just had to go through the front door like she always had. Happily murmering and humming notes and words. She was not the type either that could pretend being drunk since she had never been that.

Also her home, it was not in this part pf the city. She could not really call it the 'poor'  district but it was basicly thel ower commons. A walk of 15 minutes at the least.

''I will gather the sheets'' Her empty plate and their empty drink containers had been taken away already a little while back. Leyla got on her feet. Her steps were certain but made not a single noise on the wood. She knew how to step silently; when dancing on a wooden floor people did not like it if it sounded as if an elephant marched there.

She gestrued Faelis to follow her. ''I do suppose that is the risk of your occupation is it not? Being followed, threatened or attacked by others?''

JackieCat

"Same guy as before," Faelis said, getting up and following her, also walking silently across the floor.  Being a thief, you could not clomp around.

"It is a hazard, I come across a lot of different people," he said, and it was truer than Leyla knew, being a thief, one picked up a lot of enemies. 

Faelis looked back to the man waiting at the door. "If we go out the front he'll see us, and possibly try to hurt me, or you.   I could take him, but I'm not really in the mood," the elf thief said.
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

SilmeriaElemred

''I in theory... could find him in silk. It is string stuff you can not pull apart. He does not seem like the really quick time. Or smart for that matter.'' she picked up the sheets of silk and put them in her bag. ''See you around Magmus. Thank you for today.'' she said to the innkeeper who gave both of them a wave as he was counting the bottles of alcohol he had left after such a busy night.

After having exited through the back, the two were greeted by the cool night air. It made her shiver for a moment. She had not brought a cloak with her today since it had gotten pretty warm in the afternoon but she got accustomed to it quickly.

''The hail inn first? Would he be after me I could shake him off in the back alleys..''

JackieCat

"I think by the time he realized we've left you'll be long gone," Faelis said.  "And the Hail Inn whenever you're ready.  See you later, Leyla," Faelis half bowed to her and walked off.  In reality, he was going to distract the large man while Leyla got away.  He walked into the alleys and then backtracked to the inn, where he walked to the front where the big man still was.

"Hello," he said. "I see youre still here, why, drunk?  Wallowing in your sorrows about not getting to meet with Leyla?"

"Shut up!" the big man yelled, launching himself at Faelis.  The elf stepped aside easily, sending the big man falling into the dust in the road.  Faelis chuckled, this would definitely give Leyla enough time to get away.  The big man started to get to his feet but Faelis didn't let him.  he pushed him back down before he even got to his knees.

"You little creep!" the big man yelled, again leaping at Faelis.  Faelis again stepped aside, but this time the big man fell right into the side of the building.  He hit his head, hard, and fell to the street, unconscious.

Faelis looked at him for a few moments his eyebrows raised and his head cocked to one side, then shrugged and walked away, towards the Hail Inn.
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

SilmeriaElemred

After Faelis was out of sight, Leyla ran as fast as she could towards home. Denzel's house was closer. That of her parents as well. But a weird feeling was in her stomach.

She let herself think about happy things. Traveling. She was going to travel. With someone she only knew for a couple of hours. She had not even known she had it in her, something like that.

It was good though she was fast on her feet. She had not heard anything about the little 'brawl'

---

When at home, she lit some lamps. There was no Kato. Fortunatly. She started by packing her bags, and prepared clothes that were more practical to travel with. Only out of habit she still stored her coins safely and would put them in a proper belt pouch tomorrow.

As final she changed into sleeping wear but found herself to exited. ''I can't believe I did that!'' she said and giggled. After several imagenairy scenes of how traveling with this Faelis could be she finally fell asleep but woke up before dawn, as always.

Changing into a pair of green durable pants, white shirt and leather jacket. As final the boots.

After making sure she had everything she could possibly need from here, the sun had started to rise. Left her home and locked the door. Taking a final look at her own little place before getting the food she said she would get before heading to the Hail Inn.

JackieCat

Faelis had went straight to the Hail Inn the night before after he had knocked out the man, and on the way he had actually thought about breaking into a house he passed but decided against it, he didn't want someone sounding the alarm the next morning and then Leya might suspect him, so he had passed by the house without breaking in or stealing anything, not even a flower from the garden. 

So the next morning he got up early and was now leaning on the doorframe in the open doorway if the Hail Inn, drinking some ale.  Yes, he knew it was morning, but he knew he could handle the alcohol, it wasn't as if he hadn't done it a hundred times before.

When he saw Leyla approaching he stepped forwards and waved to her. "Good morning!" he called. "It's going to be a perfect day for traveling, I can tell already.  Not to hot, not too warm."

As she neared he smiled at her. "What about your parents?"
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

SilmeriaElemred

''Good morning to you too'' Leyla said as she waved at him from where she stood before getting closer.

''They are expecting us. Never heard my mother ask so many questions about me knowing a guy before. In an enthausiastic manner'' a giggle escaped her lips.

''My father was not sure what to think but they made brunch... but both are delighted to meet you.''

She offered her hand, not sure wether he'd take it or not but she just felt very cheerful.

JackieCat

He did take her hand and bowed over it, kissing the back of it in greeting.  He straightened and smiled again at her. 

He quickly finished off the ale and set the glass inside the inn on a table near the door.  He stepped back out of the building and leaned against the door frame again.

"So, what's the plan?  We go to your parent's house?" He asked, picking up his pack from the ground. "I'm ready to go when you are."
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

SilmeriaElemred

Leyla nodded. ''It is not so far from here. Oh. Almost forget ehm. Do not make very sudden movements towards my mother. She was... mugged once, really violently and was attacked with iron. It did more then physically wound her.''

As they walked, Leyla greeted almost everyone. It was something she actually usually did as well but those who knew her, certainly noticed today was different.

It took no longer then 10 minutes to reach the home of her parents. It was a normal sized home built from both wood and stone like the rest of the block, with a small wellkept garden at the front that had rozes, jasmin and lavender. All in full bloom spreading a rich aroma.

Before Leyla could knock though the door already opened. Revealing an elven man. He was rather muscular, chestnut brown hair worn in a neat but small ponytail and simple clothing. But he seemed to be used to hard working. A few vague scars present on his bronze tanned arms.

''Hello again sweetheart, and welcome. You must be Faelis. Come in.'' he said as he looked at the man. His voice was warm and friendly and he stepped aside so they could enter.

''After you'' Leyla said to Faelis

JackieCat

Faelis followed Leyla to her house, and he was somewhat impressed, actually, by the garden, the elf wasn't really one to get into gardening.  He doubted he ever even though of doing bit.  When the elven man opened the door, Faelis wondered who he was.

When the other elf greeted him, Faelis half-bowed half-nodded to the man. "I am Faelis," he said, taking Leyla's invitation and stepping into the house. "I am very exited to be traveling with Leyla."

Faelis knew he had to handle this whole matter with care.  He was a pretty cocky guy in most situations, and also sarcastic and disrespectful.  He would have to keep that side of himself down for the time and become a 'nice guy'.  Not too nice, that would be suspicious, but just the right amount of friendliness, humor, and become someone Leyla's parents would approve of her traveling with.
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

SilmeriaElemred

''I hope it is not for disrespectful reasons though.'' the man said.

''Dad, please..'' Leyla said

''I know I know. Just messing.'' the man replied. Leyla closed the door and allowed her father to lead them through the hallway towards the living room that had an open kitchen attached to it where a woman, most likely Leyla's mother was working on preparing various kinds of food for the brunch Leyla mentioned. Just like her daughter, the woman had lavender purple hair and a fair skin aside for some scars.

''Good morning.'' the woman said before looking up. ''My my aren't you a handsome fellow.'' she said. Quickly washing her hands before aproaching them. There was a nasty looking scar on her cheek and a few on her arms. Something that had most likely been done when she had been mugged.

''My name is Shaiya. Leyla's mother. Pleasure to meet you.''