Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The Hand That Feeds (m)

Started by Draconian, June 30, 2015, 01:44:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Draconian

Jaiha vigorously nodded her head, the metal bit in her ear jingling slightly. At least this guy wasn't slow!  She'd try to hint to other people but when try didn't get it she just left.  "You're quick." Then she sobered and looked around.

"Please? I'm thinking of letting the beast eat me tomorrow."

DaGlobster

"Hold on, there," Juras said. He turned to face her.

"Way to put a guy on the spot. 'Buy me or I'll kill myself'. I mean, I'm sure I've got the money, but something like you isn't going to be cheap. That is, if the colosseum even wants to part with you."

Draconian

"Oh," Jaiha turned away, resting her head in her hand. A shrug and she scratched the claws of her toes at the ground.  "Did it almost work?" A teasing voice and she nudged him slightly, eyebrows raised.

"I'm too pretty to die to a tiger, maybe if they ever pit me against a person." Jaiha frowned at the idea, and looked away. "Thanks for even pretending to think it over though."

DaGlobster

Damn him if sympathy wasn't getting the best of him right now.

"Okay, okay!" Juras said and looked at Jaiha.

"I'm gonna give you a shot, alright?"

Draconian

"Give me a shot?" Jaiha frowned and looked down at herself, moving to cover what exposed flesh she could.

"A shot of what?"

DaGlobster

"A sho-- Gods above..."

He leaned closer.

"A chance. I'm giving you a chance. I'm gonna buy you, alright?"

Draconian

Jaiha just.. Frowned. Mostly confused. That was it?

"I... " another frown and she looked away, " you..." Then,  Jaiha threw her arms around Aeros and hugged him close. "Please? I'll be good! I.... I can get an injury and... I'll be cheap!  They'll want to sell me!"

DaGlobster

Juras had always been cagey about his personal space. He'd grown up with people who'd shiv you in the kidney for a scrap of food, so when Jaiha pulled him into a hug, it took all of his willpower to not throw her off. His arms just stayed by his side, stiff and tense.

"Yes! My answer is yes," he said, trying to hide his discomfort.

"If you can make yourself cheaper, that would be splendid. I've just gotta figure out what I'm gonna do with you..."

Draconian

A tight hug and she pulled back, grinning at him. A look down at her self and she puffed out her cheeks. "I can... " her face fell and drew back, no. This was an opportunity to leave the colosseum, even if she felt a bit bad about it was do this or rot here. "I'll figure something out. Next time I see you... I... I can be cheaper. Then you can buy me!"

DaGlobster

"Good."

Juras stood up, and started to walk to his weapon footlocker.

"Name's Juras, by the way. Real name."

He kicked open his footlocker, and started getting weapons. For what he lacked in armor, he made up for in weaponry. He started strapping himself down. Five different daggers, at least three throwing knives, a longsword and a falchion on his back, a shortsword on his hip, punch daggers, and a scimitar that he had sheathed on his belt.

"I've got a fight in a couple hours, so it's not like I'm going anywhere anytime soon."

Draconian

Good indeed.

The plan was in action. Sort of. Almost.

Jaiha watched the man dress himself up to the tits in weapons and she just watched, curiously before she grabbed her tail and stared at the blade. Taking a moment to run her fingers over the large beads at the base before looking back at him.

"I could cut off my tail," Her eyebrows went up and she relaxed it, the tail going limp, "I mean... I can fight without it." Another look at the blade and she held it carefully, "I don't shed it for a few months. They don't know it grows back... You ... You could buy me then?"

DaGlobster

"How about this..."

Juras put on his bracers, which had blades on the elbows.

"Today, after my fight, I go up to the arena organizer. I tell him I want to fight you as the opening event, combat until someone yields Tomorrow, you and me open up the show, we have ourselves a convincing fight, and I sever your tail. You're no longer worth anything to the Colosseum, and as an act of mercy, I buy you."

He rolled his shoulders and jumped a bit, making sure his armor was all secured properly.

"How does that sound?"

Draconian

Freedom or her tail.

Jaiha stared at her tail, trailed her fingers over the beads. Then looked back at Aeros. Juras. Whatever his name was. The Longknife. Slowly her fingers trailed over the skin there, and her heart started to race. It wouldn't even be freedom, but it would be freedom from this place. It had only been months but she didn't want to spend the rest of her life here.

She knew that someday she would grow too weary to care and just let herself get mauled.  Jaiha slowly stood up, her tail blade pressed against the ground carefully and she looked down at Juras, watching him hop. "Okay. but... Not the whole tail. Just..." she shifted her stance and moved her tail to hold at where the beads were, "Here. Anymore and it'll be too far and won't grow back and then you won't need me either."

DaGlobster

"Don't you worry, Jaiha," said Juras, finally satisfied with his loadout.

"Not an inch below."

Draconian

Again, Jaiha looked him up and down, studying the various scars. Looking at the massive amounts of weapons. It was a good thing she didn't have friends here, because just by looking at him she could tell that he was going to be trouble.

The reason Jaiha was usually pit up against animals was because she fought like one. Tooth and nail and dangerously bladed tail. Another hesitant step closer and she rose her chin, simply because she had a few inches of height on him. "Thank you, Juras. I..." This was all turning out quite well.

Maybe.

Another hesitant look and she took a step away. It was fast, but if he could buy her... Then that would solve a few of her problems. Make some more but... "I don't tire easy. I'm bigger and probably stronger than you," She looked at his many weapons, "You have those, but... I'll try not to hurt you much, okay?"

DaGlobster

"Relax, I'll be fine," said Juras.

"I'm much quicker than I look. All you have to do is expose your tail, and I'll capitalize on it."

Draconian

Expose her tail?

Jaiha looked at it for a moment, pursing her lips. Expose her tail? It was what she used to fight. It should be easy then, one good swing and... Visibly she paled, but... He'd buy her. Then she could...

"That should be easy then." Was she foolish to trust him?

Probably. Jaiha tugged at the ends of her hair, looking down at herself. "...What do you want in return? Just to be paid back?"

DaGlobster

"Well, you won't be good to fight until your tail grows back, so I reckon I can keep you around as a house servant until then. Then, once you're good to fight again, You just gotta make me back what I paid for you, with a little extra on the side so I can get some profit out of it."

Juras cleared his throat, and he walked back over to Jaiha and sat down next to her.

"After that, I suppose you're a free woman."

Draconian

Jaiha's eyes were wide and she just stared. That was it? It couldn't be that easy. A moment past and she waited for the other gauntlet to drop. Something. With the blade on her tail gone she'd be all but useless to the Colosseum, of course. Still.

Giving her lips a lick she rubbed at her leg, giving another look at the tip of her tail.

Again, she threw her arms around the mans shoulders, ignoring the weapons he'd strapped himself to and nuzzled at his ear. "Even after I'm free I won't be able to repay you enough. D..." Jaiha swallowed and pulled away, looking at her ticket out of here. "Don't die today, okay? Please?"

With her luck, he would.

Jaiha had never had very good luck.

DaGlobster

Once again, Jaiha threw her arms around him, and Juras hid his discomfort as much as he could.

When she pulled away and asked him not to die, he cracked a smile.

"Never died once, don't plan to now."

Tags: