Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Magic and Moon [private mature]

Started by Greenery, June 30, 2015, 01:35:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greenery

"Oh, ahaha, I mean, what time of day do I leave from work?" Vertus asked. Perhaps he should've said this the first time. "Sorry for the word usage."

SilmeriaElemred

''No need to apolagise. We live rather secluded here so there are words or scentences that we do not quite understood. Around five in the afternoon officially, work hours are over. Unless there are sick people who need fresh medicine. I occasionally keep apprentices a little longer in that case although many finish up around six because they need to finish a cure. Some things need to be made in one go like some medicine. If you work on a medicine, a calculation, cure and are not finished before five just say so. I will always be the last one to leave and will not be angry if it happens. Just... always clean up your workplace.''

He lead Vertus at an empty workplace. It had a set of tools, cuttingboards and a scale. Also a seperate bookcase which now was empty. ''This workplace is yours and yours only. Your findings can be stored here as well as your own books. Books you need from the library or shelf, ask permission if you wish to have it in your own bookcase.''

Greenery

Vertus nodded his head when he question was answered. He could work with that. Perhaps that would be the same time that Raen would be done with his shift. Hopefully one day he would be able to cook for him.

The young sorcerer followed Michael this an empty work area that was apparently his.  His mind started to race with how he would personalize his workplace. Of course he would add in his books of plants, herbs, and spices. "Oh, this is nice." He smiled and went to sit down at his desk. "I know just how to set my workspace up."

SilmeriaElemred

''Perfect.'' Michael replied. He went to the bookcase and got a few books out of it. On top of it a piece of parchments. ''Here are some simple things you will need to do. Rejuvinating potion, sleep potion, sleep antidote, cold paste to reduce fevers and wound paste to prevent infection and stimulate better healing. Make these first and I will judge them on quality. I will watch you how you work and feel free to ask questions any time. The recipes are in the books along with the list of tools you will need. Also no need to finish it all in one day but before you make anything else, I'd want you to have made these. You may personalise your workspace first too of course.''

Greenery

Vertus looked at the books and parchment that was given to him by Michael. "Oh, I've made a couple of these at home. Of course I had it from my parents...anyways, I will get this done." He gave him a reassuring smile before taking the books and placing it on the side of his work desk. "Hm...let's do the sleep potion first." He opened one of the books up until he found the recipe for the sleeping potion. "Well, I need to get some herbs and plants in here. Do you have any dirt and glass jars?"

SilmeriaElemred

''Plenty of them. If you prefer crystal you can take those as well. You can find herbs for this in the student cabinets and jars and dirt are in the other cabinet.'' he pointed to their general directions. ''Remember to write down in the log what you used and took.''

Greenery

He nodded his head and went toward the cabinets with everything he needed. Thankfully there were a few jars that were filled a fourth of the way with dirt. "These should do. Along with some ginger root, juniper root, foxglove and a coupe more."

Before he left, Vertus, he checked everything out and what he took. Then he came back to his work desk. The young sorcerer placed the jars of dirt and herbs on the work desk lined up. "Okay. Let's get started." For the herbs that he didn't have, he decided to grow it himself, magically. After he was done, he made two of the orders off the list: Sleeping potion and sleeping antidote.

SilmeriaElemred

''Not bad. Not bad at all.'' Michael said with a nod and inspected both results. ''Interesting that you grew some yourself as well. You can take herbs out of the garden when you need them of course.''

He gently twirled the two flasks that containted the potion and antidote. ''Color is good, scent as well, thickness looks good too.''

He poured some of it in very small cups and took the sleep potion first. The quantity so little though that it would at the most make him drowsey and counted the seconds it took for the potion to work. He wrote everything down on paper and did the same with the antidote.

Writing things down again he gave Vertus an approving nod. ''Very well done. Judging by the time I recommend to make the other potions tomorrow but in the meantime you can prepare what you need for it and read some.'' he handed the forms over to Vertus. ''Keep these in your logbook. I am not telling you how to make one but it is recomended to keep everything in such an order everyone can find it would they need to look for something. How many logbooks you want is up to you as well. Keep everything in one, or make a few. One for potions, one for antidotes, name it.''

Greenery

Vertus smiled. "I like growing my own plants and such."

He nodded his head and took the papers and started to transfer the information into an empty log book. "I will probably divide it up by potions, pastes, elixirs, and antidotes." Vertus said as he finished up. "I will probably read over this along with a few other things before leaving today. Is that okay?"

SilmeriaElemred

''By all means.'' Michael spoke. ''I'm going to work on some serpentvine. I may be the lead alchemist here but thus far no luck with that blasted vine yet.'' he did however seemed optimistic and went to several cabinets to retrieve a variety of herbs.

''Also, question. You can make plants grow. Can you also kill them completely? If so I will have a job for you on the short term. Despite we take out the plants when we find them they keep growing back and are slowly expanding.''

Greenery

Vertus nodded his head. "It is a rather wicked plant." He answered, shaking his head in slight disgust.

"Yes I can make plants die completely.  If there's anything you need regarding the serpentvine then I'm all yours, Michael. "I can also curse the vine from ever growing there again if you would like. I would just need to get my spellbook."

SilmeriaElemred

''This plant is a magic one. We attempted to curse it already but thus far the only thing that works is burning it to the root. But if you are able to kill off the plant it would be a good thing. At least for a few sections so that children can play in the woods again. Not now though. It would mean my star apprentise would take my place and you will need to give up your morning session with Milliana. After all. We can not let her go''

Greenery

"Agreed. So whenever you are able to I'm here and willing to help." He smiled at the alchemist before asking a question. "Is there anything else you want to me to do before I leave today?" Vertus scratched underneath his jaw. "Actually, I will do the paste for colds today too."

SilmeriaElemred

''Suit yourself. Show it to me when you are done. And if you have questions I will keep telling you to ask.'' Michael gave a polite bow before he headed to his own workbench.

Greenery

Vertus nodded his head and started on the paste, mixing all of the ingredients into the mortar. Soon he had logged in all of his information and finished up the rest of the potions. He walked over to Michael's workbench and showed him. "Do you mind checking these for me, please?"

SilmeriaElemred

''Give me one moment.'' Michael spoke. He wore dragonskin gloves and with a pair of tweasers he held a piece of a black flower covered winered vine that strangely enough seemed to actually move like how a serpent would. On thin extensions however that were curled up were sharp thin thorns which attempted to go through the gloves.

''The plant looks lovely but when it senses something alive, it shows it's true... colors... the more I work with it the more I start to think that it is actually sentient.'' Michael explained as he seperated the flowers and stingers from it, puting each different kind of piece in a mortar grinded it all until every part had stopped moving and a paste existed from each part.

He then moved his stool a bit backwards and put the gloves in a basket that held a strange liquid in it, causing a sizzling noise but the gloves themselves seemed to not be affected by it.

''Now. Let's take a look.'' he said calmly. He checked each potion and paste on their scent, texture and taste. ''Rejuvination potion, approved. It usually works better if it stands for a month or so. Cold paste...'' he applied a little bit on his wrist. Knowing by know what kind of sensation it had to give despite having no fever. ''Cold paste, very well done. No leftovers of plants.'' He wiped the paste off his skin with a piece of cloth before turning to the last one. The woundheal paste looks well too. Maybe a tad less honey next time but, you've done great.'' Michael said with an approving nod. ''You can store these in the medicine cabinet and clean up your workspace and head towards home. You can be proud of yourself on todays results. First time though that I had a student who grew their own plants in that fashion. There is no nessesary need for it though. Fresh plants can be taken from the herbal garden. There is a patch of ground at the back too where wild flowers and herbs grow but for beginner potions and pastes, the things found in the cabinets are enough.''

Greenery

Vertus made a mental note to make the potions better than what they were. "Thank you, Dr. Michael." He bowed slightly before going to clean up his work station and storing the potions, pastes, and antidotes on his shelves. He also made sure everything in his log book was account for before putting that also on the bookshelf and heading home.

The sorcerer came back to his home and sighed, flopping on his bed and rubbing his temples. Gods was he hungry. He decided to change out of his clothes and into something more relaxing.

SilmeriaElemred

After a short while, there was a soft scratching noise at the door as Raen's direwolf softly scratched the door soon followed by a knock. ''Vertus? Are you there? I have prepared dinner for the both of us in my room'' Raen spoke. It being the room assigned to Vertus he did not exactly wanted to enter it without permission.

Greenery

Now in his relaxed robe, Vertus turned his head after he heard the pawing and Raen's voice. "Oh? Really! Good because I'm starving!" He laughed a bit before walking out of his room, smiling widely before giving him a kiss. "Does this count as a date or...?"

SilmeriaElemred

''If you want it to count as such.'' Raen replied with a chuckle before he answered the kiss briefly. ''How was your first say with Michael?'' the direwolf looked at the two men before it made a soft sound.

''Hungry?'' Raen asked to which the wolf sat on it's hind legs like a rabbit. ''That's a yes.'' he said before his gaze returned to Vertus. ''Come. Now it is still warm.'' he grinned