Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Dark Fantasy/Gothic Roleplay?

Started by Ethereal-Star, July 25, 2015, 04:37:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ethereal-Star

So, I had an idea for some kind of dark fantasy setting. It would be pretty much sandbox-style, as in make-it-up-as-we-go-along thing, but with a focus on gothic-like characters. So that means characters/creatures like demons, vampires, werewolves, gargoyles, etc. would be the dominant species, with perhaps some exceptions. Wanna play a dark unicorn gone bad? Sure! Or maybe an estranged angel with clipped wings? Or even a banshee who rejects their banshee heritage? Or something.

The other thing about this is that it could have a verrry basic plot where smaller sub-plots could be based off of it, each one being their own thread. Characters don't necessarily have to be evil or cut-throat though. Some of mine I have already that could fit the whole gothic trend described here could be Willow, my night spirit or Laetitia, my vampire. Or maybe Drake, my cunning blood mage/fire mage whose morals are kinda iffy. Or Pepper, my ghost and Morguen, my Fury character.

Since this is Open RP, any threads and story-lines created from this would not be canon-related. Think of it like an AU. If interested, just post here and if you got anything to add. And if no one's interested, then oh well, at least I tried. :)

Tags: