Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Seal the Deal [m]

Started by Rhindeer, July 31, 2015, 10:40:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rhindeer

"No, not since I have been in his possession, sir," Kuvira said with a shake of her head. "To my sparse knowledge, you are the first. You appear to have made quite the impression on him in your last match, sir."

It was bold for a slave, but she couldn't help but scoot just a little closer to where he sat, even as she remained kneeling on the floor. "I have rarely seen him go to such lengths for a guest. The feast is to be a grand one, indeed."

And then she leaned in with a hand cupped to her mouth and pitched her voice low, "I made the peach cobbler, sir. Master likes to show off his influence through subtle means, like the import of hard to attain fruits. And he's always liked my cobbler, Adelan in origin though it is."
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

DaGlobster

"Peach cobbler?" Juras said, and his eyes brightened with some measure of joy. It'd been a long time since he'd fought as a mercenary on Adelan soil, and frankly, peach cobbler had been his solace.

"I'm rather partial to a good slice of cobbler," he said, and he patted his abs, smiling wistfully.

He looked at Kuvira, and glanced about, as if searching for her master. He looked back at her, and smiled.

"You know, if you want to sit up here with me, I won't object."

Rhindeer

Well! That was rather bold of him, to offer a slave the same luxuries as himself. But with permission granted, Kuvira was not about to object. And afte rall, if her master mentioned it, she could always plead that it was not her place to object.

"You are most gracious, sir!" Kuvira said as she rose  to her feet, smoothing out her sheer dress. She plunked herself down next to him, hands folded in her lap, and smiled over at him.

"You will have to tell me how mine compares to what you've had, sir," she said, and laid a hand on his knee. "I have gotten many compliments--not to be prideful."
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

DaGlobster

"And I will," Juras said, politely ignoring the hand on his knee. Whether it was an advance of sorts, or this woman simply getting comfortable, he wasn't going to be the one to ask.

"Although if your cobbler has the tongue of an Essyrni merchant prince, I doubt it'll be anything less than stellar."

Rhindeer

Kuvira beamed with delight, and opened her mouth to say more when a movement by the stairs caught her eye. She raised her eyes and looked to see that her master was there, descending the steps and trailed by the flustered tailor who was still removing pins from his clothes as they walked.

"Ah, there he is! The man of honor himself. Juras, my lad!" Ghali said as he reached for the bottom and started for them. He wasted no time in greeting Juras, clasping his hand and pulling him in for a customary cheek kiss. "I'm so pleased to see you made it! I hope Kuvira here saw you properly settled in? I'm Ghali, my lad. Ghali Omarza. And I have high hopes that tonight can mark the beginnings of a long, solid partnership."

DaGlobster

Juras could only stand there helplessly and be swept away by the opulent tide that was Ghali Omarza. Before he knew it, he was being pulled in for the standard Essyrni greeting, and it was only by his natural grace and quick reaction times that he successfully returned the gestures put towards  him.

"It is a great honor to meet you, Omarza," Juras said once he was parted from him, and he offered the man a polite bow. He looked to Kuvira, and smiled.

"Kuvira's the name, then?"

He looked back to Ghali.

"She's quite the charmer. She got me settled in just fine."

Rhindeer

"Wonderful to hear!" Ghali said with a smile, and swatted at the tailor as she sneaked in to pluck the last of the pins from his sleeve. She got them, though, and the triumph was clear in her grin before, with a long-suffering look his way, she excused herself and slipped away.

Kuvira had risen with Juras, and as soon as their introductions were finished, she dutifully took her place on Ghali's offered arm. He gave her hair an affectionate stroke--though it was rather akin to how a master stroked a cherished dog.

"Ah, yes, she's the best I have. Remind me to reward you later, dear, for a job well done," he said, tipping Kuvira's chin up to look at her. She smiled demurely and lowered her eyes.

"You're most gracious, master."

"Indeed. Perhaps a new trinket for your hair? Ah, but I'm getting off topic! I'm sure you're starving by now, lad, and I deeply apologize. My tailor can just be so slow, genius though she is. Come now, this way! Into the dining hall. We'll talk more over appetizers."

And the two of them quickly lead the way, into a grand dining room with an impressively long and low table. Only the back end of it was being utilized for this meal, however, and it was only that space which was set. But already large, steaming trays of appetizers were set out, along with several different bottles of wine and plenty of candles for light. Plush cushions were utilized as seats.

There was a bench set apart from the table, and it was there that Kuvira would to sit while Ghali took his place at the head and invited Juras to sit at his right. For now, however, she stayed standing as she took to serving Ghali his favorite wine, before she looked to Juras. "What kind of wine does our esteemed guest desire?"

DaGlobster

Juras stayed quiet, but there was something about the way Ghali treated Kuvira that just made his skin crawl. He had an idea of what he did with her behind closed doors, and really, the thought was almost enough to make Juras lose his appetite.

A woman like Kuvira was wasted on a creep like Ghali. Unfortunately, it was a sentiment he couldn't, nor wouldn't, share.

When he sat down to eat, he pondered a bit at Kuvira's question. He was tempted to test the depths of Ghali's pockets by asking for something extravagant, but he opted for the humbler choice.

"Elven White."

Rhindeer

"As you wish, sir," Kuvira said with a polite bow of her head, before she picked up one of the many bottles laid out on the table. She uncorked it, then poured some into Juras's glass.

When she was done, she took her seat at her bench and began the long, boring process of just waiting until she was called upon. Really, these dinners were often dreadfully dull, but on the bright side, tonight, at least, should prove interesting. That didn't mean it was any less of a torment, though! As usual, she would only eat when everyone else had had their fill--which could make this a long wait, indeed. But there was a bright side to that, too, in that she'd get to eat any of the leftovers she wished, and as much as she wanted--dessert included.

Ghali always made sure there was more than enough.

"Help yourself to whatever you like, don't be shy!" Ghali told Juras, as he began to serve himself from the many appetizers. There were boiled eggs and local and imported fruits, sweet breads and flat breads and dips for them, there were little fried, breaded things filled with cheese and sauce for those, as well, and even stuffed grape leaves filled with a mix of rice and seasonings.

And Ghali was certainly taking a generous portion.

"Now tell me, Juras, have you thought about my offer?" he asked as he snacked on a stuffed grape leaf. "I know you may not have had much time, considering the abruptness of my invitation."

DaGlobster

"Hardly abrupt, but I've been dreadfully busy these past few days. The Colosseum's seen it fit to give me a match every day now, for whatever that's worth."

he took a sip of the wine, and smiled. Perhaps it was a subconscious effect from his elven half, but Juras was definitely a man of sophisticated tastes. It was odd, given his impoverished upbringing, but he supposed it was just a natural predilection that all elves had.

"So busy, in fact, that I discovered your invitation only five hours before I was expected here. It was quite the rush, making myself presentable, but the important thing is that I made it."

He took a few of the stuffed leaves, one peach, and a boiled egg.

"And I must say, it's an attractive offer. I didn't have much time to read it, for previously stated reasons, so I'd be grateful to hear it from your lips. For clarity and all."

Rhindeer

"Oh, that's completely understandable. You are a busy man as I understand it, as am I. I can certainly relate!"

Ghali took a long gulp of wine, finishing off his glass, and Kuvira rose without a word to refill it for him. He smiled at her, and reached out slyly beneath the table pinch her ass as she retreated back to her seat. She jolted, used to such gestures, but surprised because she genuinely hadn't seen that one coming! But she hid her irritation under a flirtatious smile and a wink, and sat back down.

Ghali returned his attention to Juras.

"My offer is thus: I'll fund your battles. I'll provide you what you need: medical care, equipment, food, training, you name it. I'll also provide you with better opportunities. I'm a powerful man, Juras. I can get you into matches you wouldn't have dreamed of qualifying for--because I can set them up and fund them. I'm talking high profile matches against highly successful fighters. We'll make a killing on the earnings."

DaGlobster

Juras listened intently to the offer, popping bits of food into his mouth as he listened. At the end, he slowly nodded.

"Sounds all good and dandy, but what'll be my cut of the winnings?" Juras asked, leaning back in his seat, and taking another sip of wine.

Rhindeer

"I ask for a 30% cut," Ghali said. "The rest is yours. You'll be required to wear my colors when you fight, and my uniform when you attend special functions, of course, which benefits me as it's good advertising for my business, and better advertising when you win."

DaGlobster

"Sounds fair. Real fair," Juras said. A seventy percent cut for him? That was way better than the forty percent he got from the Colosseum. Then again, those were the minor leagues. Juras figured that he was about to go big.

"Then I really don't see what's left to negotiate. You've got yourself a gladiator, Omarza."

Rhindeer

Ghali stretched his hand out to Juras with a grin, expecting to shake on it. "Fantastic! Then with business matters all taken care of, let's eat!"

And as though on cue, several slaves appeared from the kitchens hefting trays of steaming food. There was rice and kabobs, falafal and kofta, stuffed vegetables, koshary, seared lamb--all of it was an exercise in excess, in showcasing Ghali's wealth. Most dishes in Essyrn had very little meat in them, for it was expensive, but Ghali's dishes had more than was even necessary.

A high protein diet like that would definitely be beneficial to Juras.

DaGlobster

Juras shook Gali's hand powerfully, giving him a little display of power. He wasn't crushing his hand or anything, just giving him one hell of a firm handshake.

When the food came, Juras was at a loss. Most important to him was the meat. Meat was expensive, but it was a necessary part of his diet. Given his income, he didn't consume as much as he'd have liked, but now?

Juras piled his plate with meat, rice, and vegetable, intent on getting as much as he could out of this patronage.

Rhindeer

Ghali certainly wasted no time loading up his plate with a bit of everything, and he dug into it with gusto. Which, of course, left Kuvira on the bench, to wait until they were finished and ignore the grumbling of her belly.

She rose to refill Ghali's wine glass again, and paused by Juras. "More wine, sir?"

While she tended to Juras, Ghali spoke up between bites. "So, Juras, where are you staying? In the Colosseum?"

DaGlobster

Juras glanced up to her, and he smiled.

"Yes, thank you," he said, and shifted his quarter-full glass over so she could fill it out of the way. He looked back at Ghali, and took a bite out of one of the kebabs.

"Oh, they don't keep us volunteers there. I have a flat on Warrior's Street. It's housing the city put up to accomodate us volunteers. Nice and close to the colosseum, and the market's not too far away, either."

Rhindeer

"Ah, I know the place," Ghali said with a nod, as Kuvira refilled both their glasses. "Sounds like a convenient set up. If you're happy there, I won't offer to move you, but if you're ever interested in other accommodations, I have space here. Not here, but on my land. Several buildings are currently unoccupied."

DaGlobster

Juras looked a bit interested in the possibility of alternative housing. Of course, the flat he had a stone's throw away from the arena was convenient, but it lacked a certain... prestige to it. Even then, it's not like a longer walk bothered him in the slightest, either.

"What kind of buildings?" Juras asked, stealing a glance at Kuvira when she came to refill his cup.