Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

A Hunt Gone Awry

Started by Ethereal-Star, August 16, 2015, 09:19:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ethereal-Star

((Open by request. Looking for a male character to interact with Indigo. PM to join.))

In the jungle among the many tall grasses, shrubbery, fruit trees and everything else that comprised the setting, a large wolf with fur of the blackest night could be seen stalking her terrain as she hunted for her next meal. Little did the wolf know, another was hunting as well. One that would mean her harm.

Indigo looked around carefully, sniffing the air as she went. Keeping ears and eyes open for both threats and potential food. The jungle was alive with many creatures, some small and harmless, while others were quite the opposite. Indigo liked to view herself as one of the latter, but there were things even she had to be wary of.

After catching and eating a wild boar, Indigo's stomach gave a contented growl of appreciation as she licked her mouth of the tasty flavor of it. Letting her guard down for only a few seconds. But it was enough for an arrow to come flying through, hitting her painfully in the side. The wolf shifter howled in agony, for the arrow had gone deep. How she had managed not to detect whoever had shot her, Indigo at the moment was only concerned with the pain the arrow had brought. Howling again, blood poured out of her side as the foe came ever nearer to claim their prize.

JackieCat

Kilarhas almost never shot at wolves.  The elf respected all animals, but he usually shot deer and rabbits to eat, but Kilarhas had been going for over a week on only crusts of moldy bread.  He had been captured a week ago by bandits, and they were bringing him to a nearby city to sell him as a slave.  He had escaped, and now he was starving.

So when he saw the wolf he took not a moment to think.  He pulled his bow from his back, strung it, and shot, all in one motion.  The arrow pierced the black wolf's side, and it fell to the ground, howling in pain.

Kilarhas felt sadness, but he knew that death was the beginning of life.  The wolf was not yet dead, he saw.  His first shot should have killed it, but in his extreme hast he had not aimed correctly and had hit the wolf in the side.  The elf stepped out of the shadows and knocked another arrow, to finish off the wolf.  He did not want it to suffer, he respected and pitied it.

He drew back on the bowstring. . .

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(OOC: Sorry, I had to have a dramatic ending! :)))
My Open Threads!
None currently, but if you want to thread, don't hesitate to PM me!

My Characters!
Kirl Moonharber---Lorin--- The Feari --- Akhe---Kilarhas---Naarilash---Kinn---Jiminie---Faelis---Karishk---Cirick---Sieera---Kornos--- Ariznim--- Dergan---Meerior---Zier'ik'shalsalimigarizdeniime---Keyne---Seridin---Elliot---Healin---Warn Danish---Revvil---Kashka---Ishka---Nox---Skiffiles---Jlyyth---
Flordia
---Larcan---Kannae---Anton

For summaries of my characters, JackieCat's Characters!

Some people live more in twenty years than others do in eighty.  It's not the time that matters, it's the person.
~The Doctor

Ethereal-Star

Howling in pain again, Indigo lost control of her wolf form then and promptly shifted back to her human one. She screamed out again in agony, lying on her back, blood pouring from a large nasty wound in her side, an arrow sticking out of it. And she was naked, her clothes for some reason never shifted with her, but that was never a problem for the wolf shifter. After she finished her hunts and simple explorations of the jungle, she would always return back to her stick and grass hut, morph, then redress. It was no biggie to her. When she was ready to shift back, her clothes stayed behind and off she would go.

Now, this time though, she was in serious shit... Indigo saw the blurry shape of an elven figure with flowing silver hair holding a bow then, as her vision started to blur before she blacked out from the pain. Lying there still, bleeding out on the ground as her life started to slip away from her.

JackieCat

When the wolf, or rather, shifter, changed back into her human form, Kilarhas dropped his bow in horror and surprise.

He rushed up to her, dropping to his knees and simultaneously swinging his pack off of his back.  he dropped it next to him and started rummaging desperately inside.  He pulled out a long length of bandages, a few bottles, and his water skin.  The woman had fallen into unconsciousness, and Kilarhas started to dress her wound as quickly as he could, he barely noticed the fact that she wasn't wearing any clothes.  He very, very, carefully removed the arrow from her side, applied the salve in the bottles to her wound after cleaning it, and then binding the wound.

He laid her onto his bedroll, which he had rolled out onto the ground, and covered her with the blanket.  He had done the best he could for now, so he collected wood and started a fire.  The air was cool, so he positioned the fire near the woman to keep her warm.  He sat down on the ground a few feet from the flames and waited, hoping that the woman would be alright. 
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Kirl Moonharber---Lorin--- The Feari --- Akhe---Kilarhas---Naarilash---Kinn---Jiminie---Faelis---Karishk---Cirick---Sieera---Kornos--- Ariznim--- Dergan---Meerior---Zier'ik'shalsalimigarizdeniime---Keyne---Seridin---Elliot---Healin---Warn Danish---Revvil---Kashka---Ishka---Nox---Skiffiles---Jlyyth---
Flordia

Some people live more in twenty years than others do in eighty.  It's not the time that matters, it's the person.
~The Doctor

Ethereal-Star

Seeing as Indigo had lost a lot of blood, she would be out of it for a little while. Her face was paler than usual, but not deathly pale though. Keeping her warm was a good idea as the fire helped to stabilize her temperature. The flames flickered on her face, illuminating her features in a bright yellow-orange glow.

It would be a couple hours at least before she would awaken. And no doubt she would be pissed.

JackieCat

And that was Kilarhas was afraid of.  He knew that the woman would be mad at him, but it hadn't really been his fault.  He had been starving, and had thought she was a full wolf.  He glanced over at her, the wound was bad, but hopefully not fatal.  If it was, the elf would have it on his conscious for a very long time, if not for the rest of his life.
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

Ethereal-Star

While the wound was bad, it was not fatal. Indigo would live. Soon, a couple hours had passed and with it, the wolf shifter began to stir, her eyes beginning to flicker open...

JackieCat

Kilarhas looked up as she started to stir.  The whole time he had not left the campsite, he was worried that she would get a fever, or some wild animal would come along, and in the woman's current state, she would have been killed.

Kilarhas was still starving, but there were no edible plants to be found in this party of the forest, even if he had left the campsite he would have found none for miles.  So the elf had sat in silence, sharpening and cleaning his daggers, rearranging his supplies, and just sitting by the fire.

He stayed sitting and did not move as the woman started to wake.  If he stood and went over to her, she might be alarmed when she woke.
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

Ethereal-Star

Fully opening her eyes then, her awareness of her surroundings returning, Indigo sat up then, the blanket falling off her as she sat up and looked around. She soon spotted the elf and her eyes narrowed, immediately jumping up and starting to head over to him, visibly shaking in anger. "You BASTARD!" Indigo shrieked, her rage building as she tried to step closer to him. "You shot me and nearly KILLED me!"

Her wound however was still giving her problems and she soon collapsed from all the exertion she was putting on herself, hand going to her wound which had started bleeding again. Indigo gasped in pain as she struggled with trying to catch her breath as well as dealing with her anger at her attacker. The fact that he had light blue skin didn't resonate with her at that moment, as there were far more important things to worry about here!

JackieCat

Kilarhas had expected her to be mad, but not this mad!  He leaped up and out of her way, but he held up his hands to show he meant her no harm.

"I'm sorry! I'm sorry!" he said. "I thought you were a full wolf, and I'm starving!  Please!  Lay back down, you'll hurt yourself even more!"

As he said this, she collapsed, her wound starting to bleed again.  He approached her cautiously, but stayed a few feet away.  He lowered his voice. "Please, don't move, if you don't move you'll be fine.  You just reopened your wound, you have to stop moving, try to slow your breathing, calm down.  So just stay still and, please, let me help you."
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

Ethereal-Star

"Don't....touch....me." she gasped, holding her side while on her knees. Taking her hand away it came back bloodied and she winced. Indigo supposed his explanation made sense but that still didn't make her any less angry! However, mad she may be, she quickly realized that she would need to accept his help whether she wanted it or not if she wished to continue to draw breath.

"Fine!" she snapped at him, eyes still very much alight with fury. "You did this, now you can help to undo it!'' Further bitching at him letting him fully know her wrath.

Squeezing her eyes shut against the searing hole in her side, Indigo tried to calm her breathing and let the elf help her, slumping fully on her rear end to the ground.

JackieCat

Kilarhas took her anger in silence, it would do no good now to try to stop her talking.  He would take care of her wound before he tried to explain himself again.  He was relieved when she agreed, though angrily, to his help, because, whether she had liked it or not, he would have helped her.

The elf managed to get her back onto the bedroll and then he quickly but carefully unwrapped the bandages.  He cleaned her wound again and reapplied the salve before binding her side with clean bandages.  He did it all quickly but very thoroughly, he knew what he was doing, that was obvious.

When he was finished he covered her again with the blanket and sat back.  "I believe you will be fine," he said to her. "In a week or so you should be back to heath."

He knew that the woman probably didn't want to have to wait that long, but it was necessary.  "My name is Kilarhas, Kilarhas Gindien."

He didn't ask for her name, she could give it if she wanted, but she may be to mad to tell him.
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

Ethereal-Star

"A week!" Indigo exclaimed, incredulous. "You want me to wait an entire bloody week?! I can't go that long without hunting!" she yelled at him, and made to get up again but quickly decided against it as that wouldn't do her any good.

Huffing in frustration, she made to attempt to relax lying down again, but it was fairly obvious patience wasn't her strong suit. "A whole friggin' week without hunting." she muttered. Indigo supposed she should be grateful for his help but she was still getting over the blatant fact that it was him that had shot her in the first place! Perhaps after she calmed down a bit, but that remained to be seen. She did not tell him her name, content to stew in silence for now.

JackieCat

"Yes, a week," Kilarhas said firmly. "And I'll hunt." He motioned to the wild boar that still lay at the edge of the clearing. "And it seems that you can have that, since you caught it.  Do you want to eat it now?  And do you want it raw in your human form, or cooked?  I would not advise changing into your wolf form now, as it would mess up the placement of the bandages."

He would cook the meat for her, if she wanted, but he would eat none of it unless she offered.  He was starving, but she had caught the food and then he had shot her, so he felt he had no right to it.  He would be able to make a trap and put in in the woods later.  It would take him a short while to make, but when he went to set it in the woods, he would not have to leave the woman for long.
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

Ethereal-Star

Indigo didn't protest any further but it was clear that she was unhappy about this. At his question, the answer was simple. "Cooked." she stated. "I am only able to eat it uncooked in my wolf form." she added in. Kilarhas can cook what was left of it but Indigo did not feel obligated to share as it was her catch. Plus she was still seething a little, for she had almost died by his hand. "And try not to burn it either." she added in nastily.

Settling down, she attempted to make herself as comfortable as she could on the bedroll, but did not shut her eyes, simply staring up at the sky and tall towering trees all around the jungle. Being the hunted instead of the hunter, even if it had only been for a short amount of time, was not something easily swallowable for the wolf shifter. She knew such things happened sometimes, but had always hoped nothing of the sort would ever befall her.

JackieCat

Kilarhas nodded and went over to the boar.  He started to skin the animal and he cut away the meat that was left.  The boar was large, and there was still quite a lot of meat left, even after the woman, in her wolf form, had started to eat.  When he was finished he discarded the inedible parts of the animal into the forest and brought the meat to the fire, where he put it on a spit he constructed and started to cook it. 

The elf sat next to the fire and started to fashion a trap while the meat cooked.  He tried to ignore the sharp jabs of pain in his chest and stomach as the hunger gnawed at him.  After a while the meat was done cooking.  Kilarhas set aside the trap he was making and took the meat from teh fire.  He let it cool and then brought it over to the woman.
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

Ethereal-Star

"Thanks." Indigo muttered gratefully. While she was still mad at the elf, she figured he at least deserved that, a thank you.

Taking the meat from him, she bit into it still hungry for more. Grease dribbled down her chin and she licked that off too. Indigo had almost forgotten what cooked meat tasted like as opposed to raw meat, being that more than half the time she ate her kills in wolf form. Although she did like the taste of it better when it was thoroughly cooked. Most of the time she was just too impatient to haul it back to her dwelling, shift into human form, make a campfire, cook it, then eat it. Far quicker to eat it then and there and be done with it, but Indigo enjoyed the taste immensely whether it be cooked or uncooked. She was a wolf shifter after all.

The blue-black haired woman continued munching on her food, oblivious to the hunger pangs of the elf nearby, so absorbed she was on eating her fill.

JackieCat

Kilarhas watched as she started to eat, and the smell of the cooked meat was nearly to much for the elf.  He sat back down and let out a sharp breath as his stomach once again clenched in hunger.  He started to work again on the trap, and soon it was finished.

He stood, and looked to the woman. "I'm going to go set this trap," he said. "I'll be right back.  Call out if you need help."
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

Ethereal-Star

Busy stuffing her face, Indigo only nodded as the blue and silver elf announced he was going to go set a trap and that he would be back soon. She was about to tell him straight up that she was a wolf shifter and therefore didn't need help, before quickly remembering her injury. Biting her tongue to swallow down the retort that wanted to surface, she merely nodded her head and continued to eat.

The jungle as usual had its normal sounds of insects, frogs croaking and bird calls, the faint sounds of water in the distance from various waterfalls scattered about here and there, the wind blowing in a gentle breeze, ruffling her hair.

Indigo finished her last bite of food when she heard something rustle in the bushes about five feet away from where she was sitting. Tensing in anticipation, she nearly shifted back to her wolf form but once again remembering her plight, she did not. Instead, she sat as still as possible, keeping both ears open for whatever it may be. The bushes rustled again a few seconds later, before a large black jaguar poked its head out, vivid green eyes staring straight at her then. It got ready to pounce then, and Indigo jumped to her feet then, discarding a small bit of bone from her meal she had and faced it head-on, staring it down trying to intimidate it into leaving.

"I've eaten it all." she hissed at it, "There's nothing left."

The jaguar continued to stare at her, as though it understood what she was saying, but somehow Indigo doubted that. Although she did wonder if it was a shifter like herself, just of the jaguar variety. However it showed no signs of shifting to human form and soon, it turned its head in another direction as it sniffed something else. Indigo noted it was the same direction that the elf had headed in, and so with a leap of its great legs the jaguar dashed off that way. To its doom, no doubt.

Indigo shook her head and sat back down on the bedroll. Keeping alert for anything else that may decide to head this way. Even though she couldn't shift right now, she was still herself, a wolf and a hunter of her own. No fear she would show. Living in the jungle for five years had taught her that much as well. Touching the pendant at her neck, she sighed but kept ever vigilant for danger.

JackieCat

Kilarhas didn't go far, but he was far enough not to hear the woman talking, though if she had shouted his elven ears would have picked up the sound.

He had just finished setting the trap when a jaguar stepped out of the bushes next to him.  In an instant Kilarhas had his bow off of his back and drawn.  But the second the jaguar had stepped from the bushes it had sensed that Kilarhas was a threat, especially in his injured state.  The animal turned tail and ran, and though Kilarhas fired his bow, the arrow hit the branches of the bush where the jaguar had been standing moments before.

Kilarhas sighed and started back towards the camp.  When he got there his face was twisted with pain from walking and he looked to the woman. "I saw a jaguar, did it come here?"
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

Tags: