Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

A Vessel's Plight [Heretic King]

Started by Jounin64, September 27, 2015, 06:59:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jounin64

"Well the most logical coarse of action will to herd a mass in one space. The largest population in this area is Cerenis, so what if we were trap the residents inside the port town. No escape, and we can slaughter the biggest maritime town of Serendipity."

Celeben was disgusted by his plan, but he knew it was him or them. He currently didn't have any friends so the loss would still be saddening, but it wouldn't affect him as much. "The only problem is how we'd trap them...I can make sealing runes to block off the town, but that will consume time...do you have anything more proficient in mind?"

Medievarad

"No. It would cause unnescessary attention. The risk is too great." He sighed slowly. "We would have an entire army send marching into our bacls. Thus this is not an option."

Jounin64

Celeben pondered this, finding it interesting that Limaden has his limits. Calculating another idea he then responds. "Well how about a variant of poisonous gas. We could shroud the place and no one will know it's us."

Medievarad

"We should not seek to kill with out reason." He sighed slowly. "Harmaa needs more strength. More followerd. Destroying a city now would be counterproductive."

Jounin64

A look of shock paints over his face. His expression then fades back to normal as he exhales a sigh of relief. "Well that notion was unexpected, I am used to Grimoire's bloodlust. So shall we take a more missionary route then?"

Medievarad

"For now. We have to focus on finding a place we can return to. Harmaa is growing larger. We need to construct our church." He merely replied. "Bloodlust can solve a lot of problems. But it is foolish to be led by it."

Jounin64

Unintentionally Celeben's face lights up. The gears really started to turn in his head, because he for once wasn't doing anything destructive. "I know exactly where we can build it. If my memory is correct there should be an abandoned settlement north of here."

Medievarad

"Lead the way. It will suffice as a temporary base." He said with a nod.

Jounin64

A grin plasters on his face. "Wonderful, I am elated that we have concluded a set plan." Celeben starts heading towards  the direction of the ruins while keeping a wary eye on Limaden. He still didn't feel safe around him, but is glad to have him as an ally, even if it ends up to be temporary. 

Medievarad

Words. So much fancy words for no reason whatsoever. It seemed this man was more of a talker than a fighter. A tactician, rather than a warrior. It was surprising. And it was not a bad thing at all.

Jounin64

The journey to the abandoned settlement was for the most part uneventful. It wasn't until homes were in view, when an eerie aura falls upon them. "Do you sense that Limaden? This magnitude of sorrow wasn't irradiating on my last venture here."

Celeben shifts uneasily. He tries pulling from his memory any evidence that could shine a light on this. The only strange part he could remember was that it seemed that there was no sign of struggling in the settlement, like they all just disappeared.   

Medievarad

"Hm. It is trivial." He merely murmured. The aura of sorrow Celeben talked about was a mere faint whisp in comparison to the aura of dread that surrounded the bloodrager. "To me. We shall uncover the source." He said as he stepped into the courtyard.

Jounin64

Following Limaden dutifully, Celeben nods. "Based on my previous venture, the locations that will likely withhold the maximum about of clues are the tavern, the mayor's home, and the church."

Stepping next to Limaden, he looks up to him. "So, where shall we begin?"

Medievarad

"I.. Hate churches of other religions.. We'll check there first." Limadan muttered as he adjusted the sheath of the greatsword on his back, walking over the desolate courtyard, his dark eyes scanning around for any potential threat.

Jounin64

"Ah, alright then. Pleasant to know that I have not dedicated myself to a church." Celeben clears his throat. "I mean besides the ones for The Lady in Gray of course."

Celeben heads to the seemingly normal church, expecting Limaden to follow. As he nears closer and closer to the church, the dark energy seemed to get stronger and stronger. Upon reaching the church, Celeben's head throbbed from the shadowy aura.

Creaking the door open, he peers in. What lays upon his vision is a basic Connlaothian church interior. "Hmm interesting, I must have forgotten to note that these townsfolk may have had roots to Connlaoth." Celeben mumbles.

Medievarad

Limadan chuckled dryly at the remark. Humorous to his knowledge. He felt the aura thickening, grunting slowly under his breath. Whatever was in there wouldn't outdo him. The door creaked open and Limadan's dreadful aura pressed down on whatever living thing near. Twicefold that of the other aura. It would force anyone normal to their knees. "Pay tribute." Was what he said as he walked in. "For I am the apex."

Jounin64

The whole church began shaking, Celeben clasps his head in agony as Grimoire contacts him. "Are you trying to kill me? This is a church to Tenebris, a goddess of shadows. Direct her power to Limaden, remember if I loose my life, you're going down with me.

Grimoire's voice fades as a collection of darkness forms into a feminine figure. With a body to the presence the shaking halts to a stop. "Who disturbs my slumber with infidel blood?" She pauses for a moment then laughs. "An agent of that farce Lady in Gray and Grimoire's latest vessel...how cute."

Medievarad

Limadan didn't seem any kind of impressed. "A [i[farce[/i]?" His eyes narrowed behind his mask and he started to grin. "A farce?!" A deep and bellowing laughter rose from him. "You know her name. So you know her power. She claims this wretched place."

With a slow sheen, he pulled the greatsword from his back. "You will become a part of my army." His voice was dripping with anticipation.

Jounin64

Analyzing the location of a possible clash of deities, Celeben sparks a plan, that won't kill him, and can assure a victory for Limaden. Reaching into his rune bag, Celeben takes a handful of blank runes, and hastily begins inscribing barrier symbols on them.

"Limaden sir, not that I doubt your power at all, but this being is not it's corporeal form. Her power is radiating through this church, if I were to seal that power with these ruins, that will trap her, and force her to show her true form and power. Do I have permission to proceed with this plan?" 

Medievarad

Limadan snarled slowly. "Step back. Be ready to protect yourself." Etheral chains shot up from the ground, wrapping around the figure and pulling her down to the floor. "My spectral army.. Is called spectral for a reason. You cannot tear out a soul with corporeal chains."