Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The Whisper of wings

Started by Jelenis Tythe, October 10, 2015, 04:57:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Parkway

Opaas waited just before the sun would crest.  He could not sleep and he could no longer wait.  Sitting up he pulled his boots on and walked to the fresh pitcher of water and scrubbed the residue of worry from his brow as best he could.  He grabbed his weapon and threw the stable boy a few coin for a tip.  He had kept the fire going all night and remained silent.  He deserved it.

He hurried over to the stable and opened the doors.  Another boy came over to help and Opaas smiled at him.  Handed over a few more spares and told the lad not to worry he'd get his own mount.  As for now he wasn't sure how to explain Engof and wasn't prepaid to either.  He entered and looked for his horse and the man.

Jelenis Tythe

Alorin already waited outside, having jumped from the hayloft to land lightly outside.  It was likely the elf wanted to go and find his sister, just like he wanted to go and find the boy.

He clothing had changed back to his Angelic armour, his wings flickered in the first rays of the morning sun.  He gave a piercing whistle, the horse would understand that call, and would bring the elf too.

It was time to go.

Parkway

Opaas walked Engof out at the sound of the shrill whistle and when he saw the angelic he nodded.  They seemed to be of the same mind and for this he was glad.

Engof seemed to be as eager as the two men.  He bucked his head a few times and stamped the ground as if to communicate his own desire to be off.

"I will have you take the led?"  He asked.  Not something he would do normally.  Not at all.  But this was not a normal situation.

Jelenis Tythe

Alorin rested a hand on the horse's nose and whispered softly to him.

"Quit the showing off...."

He turned to the elf and nodded.

"It will be easier on Engof if he follows me, but which way are we going? Where do you wish to search first?"

Parkway

first?"
"Sure, then we will follow your led.  Let me check the map."  Opaas stood and looked at the map out of the three locations it would probably be best to hit Adela or the island of Yoreiq first.  I say the island, if I recall it was one of Flori's wrote to me that she enjoyed their trip to the island and explored it rather extensively.  There is an abandon port with a light house that I do remember her writing about and it is what was in her drawing.  I think that may be a good place to find them as any."

Opaas rolled the map and went over to Engof to mount the horse.  "We should head west to get to them and cross the Tuor Ocean, she mentioned something about the main island is all she ever got to so I think this is where the site would be located."

Jelenis Tythe

Alorin tilted his head and listened.

"How far is this Adela?" He asked, having no concept of distance as he travelled instantaneously most times.

His wings flickered and he shifted in the morning sunlight.

"Can Engof fly there in a day?"

Parkway

He really had no idea if Engof could fly there in a day.  So he rubbed his chin and thought about the distance.  "It would take us several days to ride there from here.  I am unsure of how much ground we would cover in the air.  I can only assume it is faster so what would take four or five days possibly takes two?"

He nodded at the assessment.  "I would think we could make it to Adela in two days?  Maybe one?"

Jelenis Tythe

The Angelic reached out to lay a hand on the horse's neck and thought over what the man had said.

"We will not push Engof to hard....we will make the flight over two days and rest at night." He said softly.

He stepped back and his wings outstretched, with a small jump he took to the air his wings beating in strong hard strokes.

He turned and hovered looking to the elf and his horse.

"Well? Are you coming?" He shouted.

Parkway

"Yes...yes...coming."  He jumped on the horse and clicked letting Engof know he was ready.

The horse took a few steps broke into a gallop and took to the air.  Opaas held on tight it was a little unsettling but he soon got use it.  The horse flew easily and they followed the Angelic.

(Continued here:  http://www.spiritsoftheearth.net/smf/index.php?topic=19733.msg264591#msg264591 )

Tags: