Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Finding lost souls

Started by Parkway, October 22, 2015, 06:39:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Parkway

@Jelenis Tythe

Opaas was surprised by the horse's ability to take to the air so effortlessly; or so it appeared.  She guided the horse just as if they were on land. 

As they flew the weather remand temperate.  Which he was glad for.  He kept watch for dragons as they were getting closer to the boarder in which they lived.  But besides a few birds they encountered nothing of alarm.

The Angelic seemed to be able to gauge Engof's stamina and didn't push the horse too far.  Every so often he would land so the horse could rest a bit and then off they would go.  Engof's landings getting better with each one.

One of the landings Opaas gave the description he had from the sketch.  It was an abandoned farm house with a stable.  It was on the eastern side of the mountains, set a little ways back.  He mentioned they should probably stop soon for the night as the sun began to descend. 

"Maybe another hour and we should think of setting up a camp for the night.  This will give me time to collect some timber and get a fire started."

Jelenis Tythe

Alorin knew it was time to rest, from the sky he could see the farmhouse and he started to spiral downwards knowing the horse would follow him.  Once on the ground he survey the building and the stable, it would suffice for the night.

"If you collect the timber I will settle Engof." He said as Opaas dismounted.

It was important the horse rested well overnight as well as himself.

Parkway

"Certainly."  Opaas wasted no time once dismounting.  He also checked the area for predators. 

He cleaned a section and began to get the fire stoked to a manageable blaze.  He notice Engof's saddle bags where laying near him and he smiled must have read his mind Opaas thought.  He pulled out two dried flanks of elk.  Did the angelic eat?  He never asked and so he wasn't sure.  Either way he would need to eat so he constructed cooking rack with some rocks and thick sturdy sticks.

If truth be told he was tired and he rubbed his face as he let the warmth of the flames ease his tension.  He felt confident that Engof would be well treated by the Angelic and this helped. Him relax.

Jelenis Tythe

Alorin ran his hands over the horse, with some straw that he found in the ramshackle barn, wiping away the sweat.  He was careful to check the animal's new wings making Engof stretch them out and making sure all the feathers remained in tact.

Once he was finished he found hay and placed it in a pile for the beast to dine on, there was a well not far and he drew some water in an old wooden bucket to ensure the horse had plenty to drink too.

"Not bad for your first long flight." He whispered in the horse's ear and patted his shoulder.

"Not bad at all."

Engof whickered as if in agreement and nudged the Angelic quite fondly.

Finally he went over to join the man at the fire, his wings were gone from view, he looked like a man again.

"Take your rest Opaas....I will watch." He said softly.

Parkway

He came too with a start.  He hadn't realized he had dozed off.  "Wh-what?"  She shook his head a bit and ran his large hands over his face.  "Yes, thank you."   

He stood and pulled a bedding roll from his pack of things and spread it out.  He laid his sword next to the bedding.  "How is he?"  Opaas wasn't concerned for he knew the Angelic would tell him if there was cause to worry, but he had to ask just to hear it for himself. 

"Oh also, sorry I must be exhausted.  I didn't sleep well last night.  There is a flank of elk for you.  I wasn't sure if you ae, you know, like elves and humans do.  Or if you would only eat vegetables.  If you do I apologize I do not have any of that.  But it is yours if you do eat meat."

He laid on the bedroll and closed his eyes.  Sleep came rather quickly for the elf.

Jelenis Tythe

Alorin sat quietly watching the night, a short way off he could hear Engof shuffling about and across the fire he heard Opaas snoring gently.  He removed the meat from the flames and set it aide for the elf, he did not eat mortal food, he was sustained at the moment on ambrosia.

He wondered where the. Nephilim was, what his state was, if he had been seduced to darkness yet.

Parkway

Opaas slept soundly.  As he naturally progress from his slumber her stretched and yawned.  It was still dark but the fire was still full and high.  He wondered how long he had been out for. 

He notice the uneaten elk and he nods.  "Sorry, I just wasn't sure if you ate as we do.  Do you need me to gather anything?"  He sat up as he was speaking and felt around for his water bladder and took a few hardy gulps.

Picking up his sword and he stood up he looked over at the Angelic, "If you want you can you my bedroll to catch a few hours and I will stand watch. 

Jelenis Tythe

Alorin shook his head.

"I do not need sleep often, perhaps you should take your fill and eat, and Engof would be pleased to see you I wager."

He could sense the horse knew that his master was awake as the activity where he had been bedded had increased.  He wrapped his wings about himself almost like a large feathery cloak and settled down again to watch the flames.

The elf would not like what he found when they did happen upon the boy and his sister, Sabre was good at what he did.

Parkway

He smiled at the mention of Engof, right now it was about the only pleasant thing in his life.  "Yes, thank you.  I will."

He bent and took the meat and standing again he rummaged through his saddle bag for a lump of brown sugar.  He didn't often give it to Engof but the horse surely deserved a little sweet.

He hesitated and even though their situation was grim Opaas knew he was much better off with the Angelic then alone.  "Thank you for everything you have done to aide me, I will not forget it, nor will I forsake you."

Opaas wasn't much for this type of talk so once he was done he quickly walked to the stable to see Engof.

Jelenis Tythe

Alorin smiled to himself as the man walked away.

Theirs had been a chance happening upon each other, though Alorin believed that they were meant to find one another.

What were the odds that this elf's sister and the Nephilim were both with Sabre.  He had hoped never to see that demon again, he was wickedness itself, with a huge swathe of demons at his command, it had been thought he was vanquished as he had been silent for so many years.....obviously not.

"Sabre Renarion." He said the name slowly to himself.

"King of the Tenth Ring of Hell."

Parkway

Opaas was excited to see Engof and when he arrived he immediately gave the treats to him.  He pulled the brush out and softly tended to him.  Just because Engof always enjoyed it.  He spoke softly to beast. 

After he finish tending the horse he came back out and ate the elk.  "I know I am pushing it but, when do we leave?"

Jelenis Tythe

Alorin looked up,the sun had not risen yet and it would not be safe for the horse.

"When it is light, do not be impatient Opaas, you surely do not want to see Engof injured by trying to take off over uneven ground that he cannot see." He said softly.

He turned his eyes back to the fire, he sensed something, he was not sure what but it felt like more demons had come through into this plane, but he could not see where. Was Sabre summoning his faithful to him, if so that would make things very difficult indeed.

Parkway

Opaas nodded "Of course you are correct." 

He finished eating and tried not to think about what lie ahead.  He leaned down on his bedroll and let the fire lull him.  He wasn't actually asleep but felt the rest would do him well.  He wondered what happens once they find the young man and Flori.  What if both were held under this demon's spell?  Or worse dead?  He actually said another pray.  Asking for the two souls to be watched over and if possible save-able.

Jelenis Tythe

Alorin did not know whether to tell the elf about the Demon incursion onto this plane, he might be wrong about it but unlikely.

He stared into the flames moodily and snorted, Sabre was too clever for his own good, he had managed to hide them from sight and with his minions coming it would only enhanced his skills.  The sooner he found that slippery son of a she dog and put him down the better.  Also the extra demons could only mean one ting, he was gearing up to corrupt the Nephilim and access his demon side and make it prevalent.  It could be done in a few ways, immoral seduction, pain, tempting pleasures all things an Angelic should be able to resist but the boy was only half an Angelic.

The girl would be already snared as deep as one could be, likely she loved the beast, and would protect him with her very life, Opaas was going to have his work cut out for him.  Likely scenario was that they would both end up Sabre's prisoners and he would be tortured and Opaas would be turned.

Parkway

Opaas was torn laying there.  He just kept his eyes closed.  The breeze was soft and the scent of the fire mixed with night lily made him smile.  He could only pray his sister could be saved.  The young man...what was his name?  Anyway, he just had to cling to the hope something could be done for them.  The night before he had such a dread come over him and he didn't understand it.  He wasn't very outspoken so he hesitated telling the Angelic but thought maybe he should.  It might be easier here like this.

"Alorin?  Last night I barely spelt. "  He opened his eyes and sat up turning to the man.  "I felt a dread wash over me.  It could be just my mind playing tricks on me with all that has happened but it felt so foreboding.  Can you see him the boy?  Or feel him close yet?"

Jelenis Tythe

"They are hidden by powerful dark magic." He said  looking up.

"I have felt incursions into this plane by demonic entities...recently but I cannot locate them!" He said with some frustration.

"They may already be lost to us!"

Parkway

He nodded and tightened the muscles in his faces to try to keep calm.  "I am worried Alorin.  I am very worried."  He looked back over at the Angelic.  "How are two supposed to fight his army?"

He looked at the fire and back up again, "Will those two demons help?  I know it isn't the perfect situation but would it be something that could be done?"  He was grasping at anything.  He felt the sinking of his heart.  This was not going to turn at well for his sister.  No matter what she was going to hurt.

Jelenis Tythe

Alorin tilted his head.

"Bel and Trayder....you would suggest we join with that Demon scum...I would not stoop so low Opaas!" He growled.

Though that pair might be able to penetrate the darkness that hid Sabre and his horde, though it was well known that Sabre was powerful, he had trapped Bel and Tray with out a second thought.

"Let me think on it!" He did not want to leave the elf with no hope on the horizon.

Parkway

Opaas nodded.  He felt off asking but with just the two of them and if the angelic was right and he was summoning his armies what chance would they have?

He began to clean up his bedroll and other things.  "I think I will go check on Engof once more."  Opaas got up and went to the stable.

Jelenis Tythe

Alorin watched the elf go and he felt bad for a moment in the way he had spoken.  He had banished the pair of demons back to their realm very temporarily but knew they were close now, following them unseen in the shadows.  He knew Bel would not pass up a chance to get some payback on Sabre for firstly hurting his Master's son and secondly duping Trayder and himself.

"I know you are there Belisarius." He said softly.

"Know I let you follow....the moment you sense Sabre or Jelenis....you tell me...is that understood!" He hissed.

In the dark and deeper shadows the General grinned, he and Tray would get a sense of Sabre at some point, the son of a she dog would let slip sooner of later when he got complacent.