Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

All In A Days Work [M]

Started by visualspice, November 06, 2015, 01:24:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

"Beggars can't be choosers," he pointed out with a laugh. "And not much longer now, Miss Impatient," he teased.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

DragonSong

"Execuse you, but I was not the one doing the begging, if you'll recall," she pointed out with a smirk.

She was near itching with impatience now, but she tried to keep herself from fidgeting as they rode.

visualspice

Nell's place was a quaint, well taken care of duplex on a quieter street of the city. Fresh flowers bloomed outside a box from a window, and a small iron bell hung beside the door. Even the cobblestone seemed freshly brushed of dirt. One might never consider a thief lived here.

But Nell did well for herself and was proud of what she owned. And liked that she had the ability to choose her fate. Perhaps it's why whe was sour over her former lover's disinterest.  Or upset she turned into another notch on his bed post and nothing more.

But Nell was too much into herself for even Trests tastes and as trest dismounted from the horse and went to offer help to Jynx , a window opened and the woman was glaring daggers at the pair.

"Don't you even think about it, Hawk."
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

DragonSong

Jynx bit back a sigh. She really should have expected this. Nothing was ever easy.

Oh, little Jess...

The thief stiffened, even as she laid a hand on Trest's shoulder to balance herself as she moved to dismount.

It had been...days, or nearly, since she'd heard that voice. Why--how?

I don't much care about "easy", Jessica, Ilieth hissed through her mind. You want a chance, a choice? Get. The bloody. Amulet.

Very pale, Jynx nonetheless tried to play it off, dropping onto her feet and quickly stepping away from Trest to cock a hip and eye Nell up and down. Internally, she was panicking, but she thought she did a pretty could job of hiding it with a smirk and a raised eyebrow. "Think about what now, sweetling?"

visualspice

Nell's look narrowed.
"I wasn't talking to you, Zero."

Trest had a hard time hiding a grin and Nell's look turned near poisonous.
"Well, the thing of it is, Nell, we're here to see you for a threesome. Now I know what you're thinking about-"
Trest narrowly avoided a falling potted plant.
"Woah now, Nell, I am offended and hurt." He placed a hand to his chest. "I thought you liked the idea of-" he couldn't finish his sentence. Nell already was dropping another pot towards his head.

DragonSong

Jynx had just enough time to shoot her companion a look that was equal parts exasperated and irritated before she had to sidestep the shattered ricochet of the plant.

"Well, now that just seems unnecessary. Is Hawk really worth all these pots?" she noted with an arched brow.

And then she paled again. Pain splintered through her head and she had to swallow back a cry, hands flying up instinctively as though that could shut out the sudden, deafening scream of frustration that echoed through her skull. She clenched her eyes shut and gritted her teeth, taking one step back, then another, unable to focus on her surroundings.

ENOUGH GAMES, GIRL. OBEY!

visualspice

And the next thing Jynx would hear is Trest inside Nell's place, chewing her to pieces.  Word by word.

DragonSong

Jynx staggered back another step, struggling for breath. She could hardly hear anything over the sheer pain in her head.

Ilieth was angry, and it struck her suddenly that she couldn't hold him back this time. Not for much longer.

She turned and tried to run, but only made it a few steps before her legs threatened to give out and she hand to clutch at the wall in an effort to keep herself up, panting.

"Tr...Hawk...Hawk!"

visualspice

"Where is it, Nell?"
Trest's voice was getting louder.
"I told you what I know, Hawk."
Her voice was getting louder, too.
"This isn't the time to play coy! You couldn't have had it in your possession long enough to sell it yet, and the intended buyer won't even be in the city for another week."
"And whose to say I didn't find another buyer? One who'd pay more? You know how it goes... Hawk."
"Nell.." Trest was growling, his entire body shaking with rage. Nell found herself taking a step back.
"Why are you getting so worked up?"
And it was about this time Trest lost it... again. And Nell was getting very colorfully chewed out.

DragonSong

She tried to call out again, but her voice failed her, emerging only as a stuttering, pained groan. Her legs gave out and she crumpled to the cobblestones, leaning heavily against the wall just beside Nell's door as she panted.

The horse, at least, seemed to realize something was wrong--or maybe he simply sensed the increase in the demonic presence around her. His head tossed and he backed up a few steps, trumpeting a warning cry that made Jynx wince and clutch at her head again.

visualspice

And though he was in the midst of a heated argument.. something seemed... off. He just felt.. weird, out of place and then he heard something and before he knew it he was down the stairs and at Jynx's side.

"Jess...?" His face lost color as he saw her. He put his arms on her, looking into her face. "Jess! What's wrong?!" He moved to brush her hair from her face, concerning lighting his blue eyes.

DragonSong

OBEY OBEY OBEY OBEY OBEY—

Jynx gasped as the voice was suddenly cut off with a growling howl of rage, though the pain did not recede. She went limp in his arms, shaking lightly. “Tr...est...” She clenched her eyes shut, teeth grinding as she gritted her jaw.

“Ilieth. He’s...he’s so angry...”

Her whole body bowed forward as another spike of pain lanced through her skull and she grabbed at Trest’s arms. “G-Go. Get out of here, you need to...I can’t hold...him...”

visualspice

"Damn it."
He shouldn't have left her side.  But he had been angry, blindingly angry and now she was worse off than before.
Nell's voice broke his thoughts and he cursed again.
"Get back inside!"
He scooped up Jynx.
"I'm not going anywhere, Jess.." his eyes sought to hers, desperately trying to read this situation and hoping to the Gods things didnt get worse.

DragonSong

"N-no... He hates you, hates that you make the voice go away, I won't...I can't...he'll hurt you, I can't stop him..."

Everything felt fuzzy and too colorful, too bright. She could feel the demon in the back of her mind, drawing his power together for another assault. She whimpered, finally managing to meet his eyes.

And she realized that even if she could get the amulet, it wouldn't matter, not anymore. It had gone too far. He was already too powerful; soon enough he wouldn't need her.

"I--I have to get somewhere else," she panted, and with what little strength she had left she tried to push herself to her feet. "Away from people, I have to...get away..."

visualspice

Trest knew what he had to do. He spared one glance to Nell before grabbing his horse and mounting,  Jynx in his arms.  He kept her close as he guided his horse into a run as they began to tear across the city, pedestrians gasping and shouting as they went.  A few market stands got knocked over by the powerful shoulders of his running horse. Then he saw the city gates and pushed the horse harder.
"We're almost there, Jess. Hold on."

DragonSong

And that was really all she could do. He wouldn't listen when she told him to leave her behind, and it took nearly all of her strength just to hold the raging demon at bay.

"I don't understand..." She spoke aloud, though she didn't seem to realize it, her skin both deathly pale and feverish as she began to shiver violently. "The amulet...I was getting the amulet..."

Not enough, my dear.

She whimpered as the voice slithered across her mind, no longer shouted and wrathful but silky smooth and sickening. I told you my terms. You wasted your week in the city. Time. Is. Up.

Just as they reached the gates she cried out, nearly pitching off the horse's back as her whole body spasmed and she seemed to be trying to throw herself out of Trest's arms.

visualspice

Trest let out a cry as Jynx nearly bucked from his arms, causing the horse to buck beneath them. He wasn't even sure how he managed to wrestle the woman's form and the rioting horse but he calmed the horse just before the gates and  jerked the reins in close as he peered down at her form, not hugged closely to his side.
"Jess!?" he asked, seeing how pale she looked. He swore. "Jess.. come on- Say something.."

DragonSong

His voice seemed to bring her back, for a moment at least. Her eyes met his, glazed as though with fever, wide and...terrified.

"Trest, you have to let me go." She tried to wriggle away from him again, conscious of the motion now, but another bolt of agony made her cry out and go still. She slumped against him, panting.

"He'll kill you...I don't...I can't...I can't stop him..."

Another flash of pain, another desperate cry from the demonlord, and the air before them started to shimmer, then shiver, then seemed to slowly begin to tear open, a ragged scar forming in the skin of the world.

This was not the easy summoning that Jynx performed to call her friends to her side, a simple slip through thin layers of the Veil. This was harsh and angry and violent, shredding a new hole between realities where none had existed before.

Ilieth should not have been that powerful.

And Jynx realized, with a sickening churn in her stomach, that he was using her life as an anchor to do it.

"Trest, let me go!"

visualspice

Trest felt her panic,  felt the very real fear prickle down his spine. Kill him? He couldn't be stopped? This was stupid, this was crazy-
But of course he did the best best crazy thing he could and grabbed her by the face and kissed her with fury.

"I'm not leaving you to battle him alone! We can fight this, Jynx. I know we can! Come on, don't let that demon beat zero!"

DragonSong

Jynx gasped against his mouth, the sound equal parts shock from the sudden kiss and pain as Ilieth bore down on her mind again.

Your lover can't help you now, Jessica, the demon hissed. Nothing can save you. Your time is up. Our deal is sealed: no renegotiation.

Jynx tore herself from Trest's grip with a fractured sort of cry. Tears welled in her eyes. "I have until the end of the year! You said--please!"

The rip in the air seemed to almost pulse, and Ilieth's shadowy silhouette could be seen through it. "Oh, don't worry. I don't break my bargains," the demon purred. His voice was outside of her head now, thrumming through the air around them, low and sweet and dangerous. "I gave you fifteen years, sweetling. You have three months left. A soul is due."

Yellow gold eyes slid slowly up to Trest. His mouth curved in a too-wide smile. "Unless you'd like to offer another's instead?"

Even a week ago, she might have thought about it. Might have hesitated. Now...

"Fuck. You."