Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

All In A Days Work [M]

Started by visualspice, November 06, 2015, 01:24:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

To see the demon manifesting from a splinter of shadows from Jynx's form sent a chill to Trest's bones. Even if he wanted to fight a grimace, he was at its mercy,  which only aided in the desperate growl that rumbled from his throat.

"Are you seeking a bargain, demon, huh?! This piece if meat look more tempting than hers?" He goaded. He wasnt even sure what he was doing. Plans were too far flung outside the door and his mind was rattling too much for him to keep himself within some semblance of sense. He growled again.
"But what an awful bargain... She clearly has more time. " "A man might be hesitant to suggest an alternative , fresher, stronger body knowing a simple contract can't be kept with any civility."
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

DragonSong

Oh gods.

What was the idiot doing?!

"Trest, no!" She grabbed for his shoulders, wanting to shake some sense into him but barely able to hold herself up even using him for support. "You don't understand what you're doing--"

"Oh, I think he understands enough, little thing," Ilieth crooned. She shuddered. The demon's eyes--burning pits in that shadowy figure--moved over Trest with new interest. "I've no intention of collecting my soul before it's due. But I can make her last three months...unpleasant."

Pain exploded through her skull, white-hot and blinding. Jynx screamed, though she didn't hear the sound, curving forward and clutching at the sides of her head desperately.

She couldn't hear the demon as he continued calmly, his voice cutting easily through her cries, "You offer your body, thief lord? A physical self? That interests me very little, though I am not totally adverse to the idea. A body in exchange for...what? Her soul?"

visualspice

Trest gave a forced smile. What was he doing?
"Something like that," he pressed. His eyes didn't yield much, except he hoped his years of practiced confidence held true. Because he needed to distract the demon while he tried to think of a way to get them out of this. And offering himself was tempting enough, right?
"What type of host you looking for? I'm sure something made of strong stock and youthful.. devilishly handsome
.... rich... well versed in this world... handsome... oh, and did I mention rich?"
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

DragonSong

Jynx couldn't react. The pain wiped everything else away--she couldn't even scream anymore, just lay shivering in Trest's arms, the occasional gasp or moan slipping passed her lips.

Ilieth's grin widened, nearly splitting his face in two. Sharp teeth glinted. He didn't seem to be trying to cross fully into the mortal plane, but clearly had no interest in allowing the rip in realities to close, either.

"Something of strong stock, hm?" He flicked his eyes down to the trembling demonlord, then back up to the thief. "If you promise me such a body, I will allow...one year. One more year before I come to collect the soul due from darling Jessica."

If she could have heard him, Jynx would have screamed at Trest not to take the deal. It wasn't worth it, she wasn't worth it.

And a demon always took more than he bargained for.

visualspice

That smile. That wicked,  wicked smile sent a cold, uneasy feeling through his bones. He was forced to grimace through his smile as he looked at this demon dead in his eyes and said the sealing words through his teeth, "It sounds like we've got a deal, demon."
And although he wished he appeared as cool as stone, internally his heart was tumbling and his entire being was screaming in protest. Somehow it felt as though he were signing another life away but his own- do why didnt the self sacrificing seem to settle his fears of protecting her?

DragonSong

Ilieth grinned. "Done."

Faster than the human eye could track, his hand lashed through the tear in the Veil and raked down Trest's forearm, drawing a thin line of blood. The wound closed almost immediately, but his blood still stained the demon's claws: marked.

"One year," the creature hissed in triumph as he withdrew. The rip began to close, and Jynx gasped as the pain slowly receded, whiteness fading back into color behind her eyes. "One year, and then I collect my debt from you both."

The gate closed. He was gone.

Jynx sucked in a harsh breath and tried to bolt upright, but Trest's arms kept her in place. That she had heard.

Wide golden eyes stared up at him, pained and grief-stricken and horrified. "...What did you do?"

visualspice

Trest was still smiling, painfully.
"I just bought some time. "
He shuddered but tried to shake it off as he came back to their reality. He looked down at her, brushing hair from her face.
"Don't worry, it was on sale. A limited time offer." One he wasnt sure if he should have refused. He forced a laugh, even he knew it sounded fake.
"Come on, don't give me that look. A year is a hell of a lot longer than a few months."

DragonSong

A year.

I just bought some time.

Her throat closed up even as her lips moved, trying to form words. It took several long moments before she managed to choke out, "Trest..."

Then she had her arms around him, pressing her mouth to his in a fierce, desperate sort of kiss that tasted like salt and iron. She was crying.

"You idiot," she whispered, fisting her hand in his shirt against his back and clinging to him like a bur even as she trembled. "You stupid, stupid man. Why--why did you...?"

Another sob caught in her throat and she clung tighter. "What...did you give him?"

visualspice

Trest held her, letting her yell, letting her cry. He felt strangely numb, as if disconnected from this reality. He felt his smile, but his being felt hollow. whateverthis strange sensation that plagued him, he didn't like it. It was like his stomach,  no his entire being was trying to grip onto a nothingness.

He brushed her hair aside and kissed her, a kiss that tasted like tears.

"He only got a scratch," he croaked. He wished he sounded cooler. He moved to show her his arm, but he wouldn't even tell if the scratch held even left a mark.

DragonSong

She wanted to hit him. She wanted to kiss him. She wanted to take him by the shoulders and shake him silly. She wanted to hold him against her too tight, until the year was up and she could prove that he wasn’t going anywhere, even if she knew it would be a lie.

When he twisted his arm to show her the scratch, her breath hitched and she traced her finger down the already fading demon’s mark. This would barely scar, but it would remain. “Idiot,” she whispered, and she circled her fingers around his wrist, lifting his arm to brush her lips against the mark.

He’d given Ilieth a physical self. Demons rarely had use for such a thing, which explained the reprieve of a year rather than a total renegotiation for her soul contract—she had no idea what he would do with Trest’s payment when the year was up.

She looked up at him, tears slipping down her face as she tried to glare. “I hate you,” she lied, and even she knew it didn’t sound remotely convincing. “You should have—I can’t believe—“

Her voice failed her. With a noise in the back of her throat that was something between a growl and a sob, she suddenly buried her fingers in his hair and dragged him down to meet her lips, harsh and hungry and wild, frantic. “I hate you,” she whispered again, kissing his lips, his chin, his jaw, his cheek. Because the lie was easier. Because the truth ached too deeply in her chest for her to give it voice—a truth that she nonetheless seared against his skin with every brush of her lips, with the way her hands trembled as she clutched at him, with the quiet tears that still stained both their skin.

Thank you. I hate myself for it, but I’m glad of the time you bought me. I just wish it hadn’t come at such a cost. Thank you, I’m sorry, thank you...

visualspice

He only smiled as she kissed him; only smiled as she confessed her hate and kissed him over and over again. Then he kissed back, a hand through her hair, then fisting it roughly as he kissed her, hard, then harder still before he was soon breathless and resting his forehead to hers, eyes closed. He could feel his own tears stinging his eyes. He'd refuse to open them.
He wasn't about to cry.

And though he felt a thousand years too tired, he scooped her up into his arms and began to move, taking her to the horses, and then on horse back, to his home.

The trek was silent, strange- even as they moved through the city which seemed to be as it was before the contract had been made. But everything felt so different.. So distant.. unreal.
Nothing could be the same as it was before, he realized- and each passing moment as wasting his time.

But he was exhausted and once the horses were boarded, he took Jynx by the hand, kissing her knuckles lightly then guided her back to his bed.

Somehow, he managed the energy to make love to her; once, twice.. atleast three times before exhausting to sleep for nearly two days. And when he woke, he still felt..
numb.

DragonSong

Jynx kept her own silence as they made their way back into the city, into his home, into his bed. She kissed him and clung to him and made love like it was the last chance she’d ever have with him, but she hardly spoke a word.

She slept beside him for most of the rest of the day, and half the next. When she finally woke it was only because hunger drove her from the warmth of the bed. Wrapped in a blanket, she padded her way down to his office, sending one of her smaller demons to filch a few sweet buns from a market cart outside.

When Trest still didn’t wake, she eventually returned to the bed and simply watched him for a while, still silent. What could she say? Why could she do? This...what he had done for her was a debt that could never be repaid—even if she’d had the time to try.

The thief closed her eyes and leaned down to kiss his cheek. “I love you,” she told him softly, barely even a whisper. “I love you, and I think I hate you for it.”

She was down in the office again when she finally heard him stirring. Her eyes flickered to the window; it was nearly dusk again. He would probably be just as hungry as she’d been.

With a small sigh, Jynx moved to the little oven where he’d made breakfast not really all that long ago. Gods. The last week felt like it had been years long.

Another year. He bought me another year...

She fixed her attention on the repetitive work of cooking, trying not to think too hard about anything else as the smell of fresh bread and sausages began to drift up the stairs.

visualspice

He opened his eyes slowly, staring at the wall for as long as he could until he felt the annoying strain of hunger pulling at his senses. Those smells wafting in...
At first it was a dream like scent, one that seemed so far away- yet at the same time, it was grounding- something that brought him back here, to this reality and to just what he may have done.

He sat up, groaning lightly and rubbed at the sleep from his eyes. He still felt numb, but he still had to live. Or what purpose was it for him to make such a deal? So it would be slow at first..
He at least needed to move-
So he got up. Go dressed.
And moved to the room where she cooked, watching her from the doorway with his arms folded across his chest.

"Well now I have two things to be thankful for."

DragonSong

Jynx started slightly; she'd been so absorbed in her thoughts that she hadn't heard him come down the stairs. She managed to pull herself together quickly enough and shot him what she hoped was her usual, slightly crooked smile.

She worried it may have been a little too tight to pull it off.

"Oh? What's the first?" She nodded toward the first plate of food she'd finished, sausages still steaming gently. "Because I'm going to go ahead and assume that's the second."

She wanted to go to him. Gods, she wanted to. But she forced herself to keep her place, trying to act a though her attention was on cleaning up the dishes and not racked with guilt and worry for what he'd done.

visualspice

Trest grinned.
"Go ahead and assume,  and I'll assume to keep number one to myself. " He moved forward to admire the food.
"Damn am I hungry. At least you seemed to have cooked enough. I could eat enough for two."

DragonSong

"Damn. Now you've got me curious." She matched his flippant tone easily enough, and walked over to push the plate toward him a bit. "Go on, eat. Least I could do, for--"

She cut herself off, her eyes dropping. Then she gave her head a little shake that sent scarlet curls tumbling down to shield her expression from view. "Just...eat something, Trest. You've been out for nearly two full days."

visualspice

Trest paused to stare.
"Two full days? Geeze... how much sex did we have?!"

DragonSong

Jynx shot him a droll look. "Honestly, for us? Not that much. But demon deals will do that to you."

She winced, then sighed and ran a hand down her face. She couldn't look at him.

"Trest... We have to talk about this. About--about what happened."

visualspice

Trest was all smiles. But her words made him falter.
He saw the way she turned away, and he too, felt that numbing feeling creeping up his neck.
Sighing, he moved closer to her, but it seemed he didn't dare get too close.
"What is there to talk about? Another day in and over."

DragonSong

She almost swayed toward him, then curled her hands into fists at her sides and forced herself to stay still. To not go to him.

“Yes. Right. Another day in.” She sighed and ran a hand through her hair, hopelessly mussing the curls. “Gods, I just...why?”

She finally lifted her eyes to meet his gaze, searching. “Trest, just...why? Why did you... How could you do something like that?” The question was a whisper by the time she got it out, small and helpless. Very unlike her, or at least how she should have been.