Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The Tenth Ring - The Demon Plane

Started by Jelenis Tythe, November 16, 2015, 11:26:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jelenis Tythe

Sabre pondered over Abigor's words, but it was the past.

"I guessed about Kora and Uric the first time you took me to the Bonfires." He said softly.

So Uric did marry Jana." He mused.

They already had outstripped both he and Abigor with regard to offspring.  Then talk went to Flori.

"No...she is never to come to this wing.....it is mine.....I will visit her later....after I have slept."

He turned to Abigor when he mentioned his mother.

"You are planning to take a wife and mate?" He asked quietly.

Parkway

"You did.  Yes they are of the same station but both their fathers were adamant they take a mate.  So they did.  Though Kora is lucky, Lady Hannah knows of his true feelings for Uric and never denies them.  She has even taken to allowing Uric to stay for extended periods of time."  He smiled and added, "She and I spoke a few times she hadn't wanted to marry but did want offspring.  Did want to be a mother.  She told me how she enjoys Kora as a friend and that in itself was enough.  I believe she longed for someone below her station and Kora has brought them together."

He shook his head and smiled.  "Lord Kora is a good demon.  He is loyal, Lord Uric doesn't deserve him.  But for his faults Lord Uric is very dear to me.  He isn't loyal to Kora but he doesn't hide his indiscretions from him.  Niether does he hide them from Lady Jana, whom has grown into a lovely lady of her own.  She neither love's nor cares for Uric, but I believe she too longed for you.  But her father arranged her to wed Uric as his father agreed and you know Lord Uric.  He sees her as his right.  It pains me a little for she is loyal to him.  I've tols him to stop it hurts both Kora and Jana, but he isn't like me on this.  I think he hates her.  I think he blames her, Jana for their situation and wants to truly only be with Kora but cannot until his father passes.  But mind you once Uric's father passes Kora and Uric will be together."

They had entered the quarters and Abigor smiled when Sabre said not to bring her here.  It oddly made him feel better.  He would think of why later.

To his last question Abigor sighed deeply.  "I will tell her and Master Zenethor to pick one.  I care not who it is so long as it isn't Viola.  I want a protector for your child.  It will not be a marriage like yours or even Kora's.  It will be one I must do for the sake of reproduction and that alone.  But she must not mate with another while we produce afterwards I care not whom she mates with."  His voice was thick with emotion.  He hated the thougt of discussing this.  He touched Sabre's arm.  "I will only ever love you."

Jelenis Tythe

Sabre reached out to touch the hand on his arm.

"If you want more Abigor then do not be afraid to have it....most want a wife, offspring....there is no shame in wanting that." He said slowly.

Flori was only going to be a dalliance but things had changed, he thought he was never going home and had wanted a companion to ease the loneliness. He knew he should not have wed her but it seemed the right thing to do at that point.

"I love you Gor....but I will not cling to you if you want more." His voice was soft...concerned.

"I will not make life difficult for you."

He moved to his bedchamber and started to remove his clothes in preparation to find his bed.  He was deathly tired again, needing to sleep.

"You can love me.....but not at the expense of what you want or what might make you happy." He said finally.

Parkway

He watched Sabre move, even in his current state of exhaustion he was exquisite.  His words should have comforted the demon but they didn't.  It only cut him more.  What he wanted was not what he could have.  A wife...offspring fine it was expcected almost demanded of him. 

"What I want is for you to rest Sabre.  I am happiest when I know you are cared for."

He came up and put his hands on the beautiful demons shoulders he kissed the back of his head softly.  "As for everything else I would let it all go if I could be with you.  I don't take lightly to this but your chils will not be without a protector.  I will take a mate and do what is requried of me.  My happiness is secondary to you."  He squeezed gently and let go.

"I can't have you openly but I have you here and I understand."  It cut him like it did all those years ago.  Like it must his friend.  To see the one you love with another.  He wouldn't flaunt his mating.  In fact it would be quite one of little notice.

There was a knock and from outside the door Lord Kora requested entrance.

"I shall let you rest."  He went to leave but stopped and turned as he took Sabre into his embrace and kissed him passionately. 

Jelenis Tythe

He let Abigor ravish his mouth with that kiss and finally he broke away breathless and wide eyed.

"What was that for?" He asked trying to calm his racing heart.

He heard Kora knock again and he looked to Abigor.

"When I am myself....I will be yours in this very bed." He said softly.

"Now you should let Kora in before he breaks down the door!"

He turned and reached for his robe and covered his bare chest, gratefully he was still wearing his boots and breeches.

Parkway

Abigor could only nod.  He went to the door taking a few deep breaths along the way and plastered a smile on for Lord Kora.  "Please come in, sorry for the delay my friend."  He looked at Sabre and then to Lord Kora.  "If you will both excuse me I am off to see Master Zenethor."  Just before he closed the door he pleaded with Kora not to let anyone disturb King Sabre.

"King Sabre.  Please rest I have a tome to contend with so not to bother you."  He notice the chair by the bed and presumed it had been where Master Abigor had sat all night.  He took a seat.  "I meant what I said in the study.  I am filled with gladness for your return and look forward to that dinner.  As your friend King Sabre, I missed you and our talks.  As your loyal subject I missed your leadership."

He let the King ready himself but there should he need anything or even if Sabre wished to talk. 

Jelenis Tythe

He laid on the bed and turned on his side to look at Kora.

"Is he still the same....does he still make you sad?" He asked quietly.

He could always talk to Kora, he had an easy way about him, a strange gentleness, odd for such a battle hardened General.

"Has he changed his licentious behaviour?"

Parkway

And it was asked.  Kora closed his eyes.  A few different emotions washed over him.  "It is not his way King Sabre.  There are times when I think he will but alas he will pick up and move from our home back to the one he shares with Lady Jana and soon enough I hear he has a new conquest."

His voice was low and although he held the pain back it eked in.

"I should have moved on but it is an odd thing the feeling you have for someone.  You know it is wrong.  You know it is only a matter of time before they hurt you again but you hold out thinking this time they will change."  He shrugged.  "I could have moved on.  There was another once but the war.  He did not make it back.  I can tell you Lord Uric was there for me then when I grieved for him.   So as a friend Uric has always been there as my lover he takes what he wants and moves on.  I accept this for I'd rather have the little than nothing at all."

He marveled that of all the things the King could be going through he thought to ask him about that.  "You haven't changed all that much King.  Always thinking of others.  I hope you will take time for yourself.  Eighteen years is too long."

Parkway

Abigor walked his determined path back to Master Zenethor's study.  He knocked, announced himself and when bade to do so entered.

"Master Zenethor.  As you know I called off Lord Uric.  Which he did not do any physical harm to Jelenis.  He did do some mind – full play but nothing too traumatic.  I stayed out of the room while they spoke for I felt Jelenis would not respond with myself there.  My last words were none too pleasant nor was the whipping he took from my hand."

He sat across from the Master and it almost felt like the weight of the world was hitting him.  It hadn't been this hard when Sabre was not here so why was it feeling like it now?  He rubbed his eyes and smiled at his friend.  His mentor. 

"I am feeling a bit wary.  But, there will be times I cannot be with Sabre.  What do you think of asking Lord Warren and the youngling cadet Sondra to be at his side when I cannot be?"  For all Abigor's personal dislike of the demon Warren he knew his skill was far superior and his knowledge of stealth was envied by many in the rings.  Sondra though of no station showed promise.  Having Warren as a mentor would benefit her.  "If not that team there is always this commander Faron.  He has shown great skill and he is just a third commander with this station we can promote him.  I think he has proven his worthiness"

"Once we figure this out, there is the matter of sending Viola and her troop to the front.  I know before the agreement is in place the fifth will come for Jelenis.  We need to be ready for them.  I do not want to be caught without protection."

Parkway

Nyla hurried back to Gen'pi.  "Genni!  Genni!"  She was let into his room which was now his cell.  "He said he remembered!  He held the gem and he loves you too."

She wrapped her arms around him and he wrapped his round her and cried softly.

"No Genni no tears.  He also said to tell you. That he held no ill will he understands you were made to do it.  But he ended with wanting you to know he loves you too.  Oh Genni I need for you to go see him and this is what we will do...."

She whispered her idea and slowly Gen'pi's tears dried and he began to nod.  Would Jelenis want to see him?  He didn't care he wanted to see the Prince.  He had to see him.

"Okay when will we do this?"  Gen'pi asked softly.

"I will tell you.  I just need to get one other person to help us."

"NO!"  He realized too late he shouted and lowered his voice.  "No Nyla no one else it is too risky."

"Trust me Genni.  You remember Lord Uric's son, Lord Menfre?  He is always looking to test his magic skills out.  This will be his chance.  Trust me."

What choice did Gen'pi have?  He was at everyone's mercy now.

Jelenis Tythe

Sabre listened carefully as Kora spoke and he truly felt for his loyal Lord.

"Kora you should not put up with it...it is not fair." He said softly.

"But I might have something that may let him know how you feel and what it does to you each time he is unfaithful."  He said after a moment.

"There is a rune... not one that is widely known...called Ithior, it is a binding rune, allows one to know what the other feels...perhaps I will give this to Uric as one of the two runes I promised....I would have to give it to you too."

He paused.

"I have one, as does Abigor...it binds  us." He said after a moment.

"He feels what I feel."

He gave a secret smile.

"I wager you could use it to teach Uric a few valuable lessons."

Jelenis Tythe

Zenethor listened to Abigor's concerns and pondered what he said.

"Are you sure you want Lord Warren by the King?" He asked openly.

"You know he has always coveted your closeness to Sabre...does it not worry you that he might try to usurp your position?"

It was a valid question....perhaps Faron might be the better choice but ultimately he would leave it up to Abigor, though if Sabre rejected Warren then they would have to re-think it.

"With regard to Viola, she will be sent soon...news has reached me that Belisarius and Trayder have escaped their confinement and entered the Rings...General Bel will rally his troops now he has returned."

His eyes grew serious.

"There are also reports that a Elf and an Angelic followed them into the Portal, The Angelic will be weakened here, significantly...the elf disorientated, it is obvious what the Angelic is here for...but the elf....his goals are unknown."

Parkway

Kora smiled.  "I would wager you are right.   I would be very interested in the rune."  He looked at Sabre.  "You and Abigor have this rune...  I did not know..."  He trails off, of Uric and Abigor he had always felt a closeness to Sabre.  As a friend would.  They weren't very different in certain regards.  He often felt the loss of him through the years.

"I would love to know of this have you a tome?"  His interest was piqued.  "Sometimes you are wise beyond your years my King."

Parkway

"I am in a quandary over Lord Warren, he would, if not so disagreeable, be the best choice.  He can see and not be seen.  That is talent.  But you are right it does concern me, but truthfully King Sabre's safety means more than anything else.  But, Faron is very talented.  I wanted your input before I gave The King our choices.  I think knowing we discussed will make his decision easier."  He said we and us, for Abigor truly still sought Master Zenethor's opinion and valued his word, to him it would always be so as long as Master Zenethor allowed it.

"He did have a bit of an outburst with Lord Kora, Lord Uric, and myself but I think it is the toll he is taking returning here.  I just want his mind at ease.  I want him to rest."

As they spoke he noticed the look in Zenethor's eyes. 

"Belisarius and Trayder have escaped."  He repeated slowly.  "An elf and an Angelic followed..."  He let the news wash over him.  "Good, she will be ready for blood.  She has been seething since I advised her not to go by the prisoner.  Once I tell her over the agreement King Sabre wishes I think she will need a cooling period and sending her first will grant us a solid defense."  He sighed.

"They will come Master.  I know Belisarius is older now but do you think I am ready for such a meeting?  With age comes so much more knowledge.  I fear nothing but I need to remember to respect my opponent so when I met him it isn't all rage that fuels me." 

He almost forgot the angelic and elf.

"The angelic he is related to the boy I would think, they wouldn't just send a solider and the elf.  You think this elf is connect to our Queen?  She is elven.  Do you think we should send a search party for the duo?"

He looked at his Master with equally serious eyes.

Jelenis Tythe

Zenethor smiled cruelly.

"Why send a search party when you can make it a hunting party.....have you ever hunted Angelics Abigor?" He mused.

"They make exceptional sport.....they do not give up, I have watched a few that we have caught and put into the arena, they make excellent Gladiators."

He turned his thoughts back to the issue of a guard for Sabre.

"What about Kora.....Sabre trusts him, they get on well?

He tilted his head.

"Or would Uric object?"

Parkway

He had to chuckle but it was not one that inspired the hearer of it great warmth and friendliness.  No, quite the opposite.

"Yes, a hunting party.  I have not had the joy of hunting one but I have watched their prowess in the arena.  It is most invigorating.  I shall organize a party to retrieve our uninvited guests."

He looked thoughtful at the Master when the conversation came back to Sabre and his overall security.  "Forget what Uric would object too, besides he would not dare for even as callous as he can be he cares deeply for both Sabre and Kora.  No, it may get his hackles up but it would be good for him.  Yes, I think I will tell King Sabre of our discussion on his security and it will be myself and Kora when I cannot.  Besides I trust Kora over any other of my generals.  Yes he will be a perfect fit and King Sabre won't feel awkward with someone new."

He sat for a moment and mulled over some thoughts.  "Master Zenethor.  Of the hunting party.  Let's not let that get out too far.  Of course the leader of the party will know, but I will want to keep this hushed for a time.  I think maybe Lord Warren.  This would be right up his line of work.  He loves sneaking about, he is as strong as myself.  He also possess a good understanding of magic.  This might be something he would relish doing and it gets him away from here."

He looked at his Master for his thoughts. 

Jelenis Tythe

Zenethor nodded, he had hoped hunting and capturing the Angelic would given Abigor something else to focus his angst on than the king.

"If the elf is her brother what then Abigor?" He said after a moment's thought.

"If  the Angelic is taken alive it can go to the arena....perhaps the elf can join it...a match pair?"

Warren would be a good choice to lead the party, but Abigor might find it equally rewarding.

"Why don't you lead the party? Kora can look after Sabre." He said softly.

"Let off some steam Abigor, you are wound tighter than a serpent's coil!"

He gave an amused grin.

"I will also grant you ownership of the Angelic in the Arena....you can have him trained, he will learn the might of his Master and the power of his lash.  Warren can have the elf."

They then spoke of Kora, he was the ideal choice, the Prince had always had a soft spot for Kora as a friend and to find him a guard might be more appealing than a stranger.

Jelenis Tythe

Sabre could not sleep as tired as he was.

"Kora." He said sitting up.

"Do you want to go to the Library?  I find it easier to relax there...I can show you hidden tomes." He smiled.

"Perhaps we can find a spell to curb Uric's wandering eyes and lust."

He pulled on a pale silvery white robe and belted it with a strip studded with diamonds.  He padded barefoot to the door.

"C'mon Kora...I can have some wine and food bought to the library, we can study, it will be like old times."

Parkway

Abigor looked up at Zenethor.  "It wouldn't be irresponsible with General Belisarius, not to mention Trayder?"  But as he spoke it was appealing.  To be out on one of the stallions.  Riding.  "I think you're right, no I know you are.  I'll go.  Take a few with me, like Faron.  But, let's still keep it low key."

Letting out a sigh and actually looking forward to this hunt.  It would do him well to release some energy.

"Next, Gen'pi.  Please keep Lord Uric from him.  Whatever faults Gen may have made he doesn't deserve to be taunted." 

He knew he would need to make some plans. 

"Kora will make the perfect match.  I told him all those years ago that he and Kora would be close friends.  I will also feel better with him by King Sabre's side."

He asked Master Zenethor if there was anything else.  Before he took his leave.

Parkway

Kora smiled and chuckled.  "Yes my King let's go to the library and..."  He hesitated his smile spreading.  "Old times."

He waited as Sabre put his robe on.  "Yes wine, food, and hidden tomes.  Sounds exactly like the type of day I would enjoy."  He walked slightly behind Sabre. 

He wanted to ask him so many things but didn't know where to start.