Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The Tenth Ring - The Demon Plane

Started by Jelenis Tythe, November 16, 2015, 11:26:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Parkway

The General was halfway through the courtyard when he paused.  Jelenis had said he loved Sabre, said he did.  But he could not remember ever telling this half breed he loved the King.  This unsettled him.  Why would he even say anything to him?  He growled.

"Who or what I love has nothing to do with you half breed.  Or with the punishment you will finally receive." 

He picked up his pace and headed onward.  The bastard!  "Now keep your mouth shut!"

His grip got tighter.  He was blinded by rage.  His breathing escalating he was trying not to transform, a small part knew if he did the boy would probably not live through it.  But by the unworldly he was beyond angry!

This brat held his love prisoner for 18 years!   He needed to pay! 

Most of the demons in the court shied away.

All except one.

She was strong, maybe stronger than most.  She had her flaws.  But this was something she flew back for.  Abigor needed a strong adversary to back him down.  She landed a few feet in front of him making him stop. 

"Go put him back General!  You know this is wrong!"  Viola was just as obstinate.

He hissed and his talons pierced the boys flesh but just slightly.  " Get out of my way!"  He raged!!!

Jelenis Tythe

Another figure appeared in the courtyard and stood observing the tableau.  Kora had not been able to locate Sabre which was of no surprise given the King's power.  Zenethor watched as the feisty Viola faced down the furious Abigor and his prisoner.  The Prince of the Fifth was naught but a weak half breed child with none of the power needed to rule. Sabre should have cut the boy loose and come home the Fifth were a broken kingdom now....leaderless.  He understood why Abigor would want revenge on this young man, but it was not a fair fight...the most Jelenis could do was like the weakest Angelic.....pick random thoughts up from Abigor.

He knew what the General's intent was, break his frustration at the Pits, by using this pitiful creature to tame his slave.  Jelenis would not survive Abigor's assault on his fresh sweet body.  Right now the focus should be the King....what made him leave....where had he gone?

He came alongside Viola.

"The King is gone!" He said sharply.

"Untraceable....vanished.....right from his room....via portal!"

He folded his arms across his chest.

"WHY?"

Jelenis Tythe

When there was no immediate answer Zenethor unfolded his arms and drew his blade.

"So what Abigor, you plan to punish the Prince of the Fifth for what happened to Sabre....I can see that, but it was not the boy's fault and there is no King left to wage war on there.....so you use his son's body in retaliation, spend your anger upon him, try to crack that Angelic you hold slave?" He mused.

"Might work....likely not, I have owned Angelics as slaves for years, that one you have is a tough one, he will not break by seeing his nephew abused, he considers him lost already, his soul richly tainted the moment he was conceived, his laying with Gen'pi only further confirmed that suspicion."

Zenethor shook his head.

"Seeing you rape Jelenis, forcing the young man to coo beneath your prowess will mean nothing to him, part of him may pity him, familial shadows....but no more!  So you will put him back in his cell, leave him be as Saberion ordered."

He nodded to Viola, gesturing her to remove Jelenis and take him back.

"You will join me immediately alongside Kora and Ulric...Kora is beside himself, Ulric is confused....you need to speak of what happened, Viola will join us when she has locked Jelenis up."

He raised his sword.

"Do not defy me boy....or you will feel the sharper side of my ire.....I may be old but I can still make you wish you had never been born!"

Jelenis Tythe

Up in the mountains Meridior watched as her grandson slept his disjointed and non restful sleep.  She saw his dreams, she saw this mortal he had mated and this displeased her greatly, he should have waited until he had come home and got a demon female with his seed, so a demon heir could have been born.  She studied Flori and the more she watched the more displeased she became, little elven snit of a girl with some power but nothing special.  A girl who had been a passing fancy to while away the time that had gotten her claws into Sabre in a time when he had been desperate.

The only reason he had made her with child was to please Abigor and to get the girl out of the way so they could be together.

Back to Abigor again.

Such a powerful link between this pair, more than it should be, the General had been entranced by Sabre, desperate for him in every sense of the word.  Sabre was equally so, but frightened by the intensity of it.

Sabre was pure demon, a strain of demon so pure it was unheard of, his bloodline was perfect, a culmination of breeding.  He had been through the Ritual of Purification every three years up until the age of eighteen.  No demon had withstood so much, his father wanted it confirmed over and over what his son was....pure demon....the rarest of their kind.....with the power that went with it.

She reached out to touch a strand of moonlight hair, and her hand moved over his flawless cheek and to touch his perfect mouth.

"One day he will see what he threw away with his harsh words to you Saberion." She whispered.

"I had hoped my eldest son might have prevented it....oh....he was many thousands of years older than your mother....such a warrior....I sent him everywhere....but I had him settle in the Tenth.  His father....not the same as your mother...brute of a demon...but a true warrior. He did not know of his sister....nor his relationship to you." She mused to the sleeping figure.

"My Zenethor might yet prevail, but he does not know where you are....you are hidden safe my lovely.  If he gets through to that pig headed demon you love....I might let you go home eventually...if not....then you stay with me until the Rings are ready for you."

Jelenis Tythe

Several hours later Sabre woke with a start, he felt groggy and disorientated and he sat up slowly and saw his grandmother sat across from him, her own eyes closed.

"You drugged me." He said softly reaching for a cup of water placed close to him.

"I did." Said the old demoness with little fanfare.

"Why?" Sabre retorted feeling a little hurt that she would resort to such a thing.

Meridior opened her eyes and regarded him coolly.

"Becase young man I wanted to see in your mind without you raising barriers, I wanted to see what you had been up to all these years gone and I must say I am displeased about your choice of woman!" She said sharply.

"Some little mortal elven snit who you only got pregnant to get out of the way to satify your lover! Hopefully she will lose the child and you can discard her for a proper demoness who will provide you with a true heir!"

Sabre's eyes flared.

"Leave her out of this...she is of no consequence in the grand scheme of things, if she survives the birthing I will deal with that....if not....then I will not have to. Flori is loyal to me!"

Meridior snorted.

"More likely she is parting her legs to that young guard she was assigned!"

Sabre slammed the cup down fighting the nausea rising in him.

"So what if she is....she has every right too.....I love Abigor, I would give him my remaining innocence....if she wants to bed Bouli the I don't mind....let her seek her pleasure too."

Parkway

Abigor could not bring himself to admit it but he practically threw Jelenis at Viola.  "Take him!  Take the vile brat!"

His breathing was heavy as was his heart.  Sabre gone?  A portal?

He shook hos head, there were too many present and the king had told him in confidence.  Whatever happened between them the General would never betray that.  But why?  Why was he so loyal?  No!  No!  He refused to think of it.

Viola caught the boy and growled at the general.  "I will take him back Master Zenethor."  Of all the demons Viola respect Zenethor most of all.

Kora felt Abigor's emotions.  So many twisting inside him.  But one that he felt most was the hurt.  Why?  What had happened?

Taking Ulric by the arm, "we need to leave Master Zenethor and General Abigor alone Ulric.  Please come with me."  Ulric gave him no resistance. 

Only when the others parted did Abigor close his eyes he turned so his back was to the masses and only his face showed to the Master.  "Please Master Zenethor, no matter what I cannot betray his trust even if he has left me.   I will carry what happened as my burden to bare.  Let us just say I loved and it was not returned.  It is okay, he deserves whatever he wants.  Just know I did not touch him in a violent way.  In fact I just told him I needed to be alone."  He felt his insides being ripped apart.

"Are we sure we do not know where he went?"  Abigor shook his head trying to come to terms that Sabre opened a portal and just left.  He had said to take the Kingdom and now the General began to get visibly upset.  "So many secrets were kept from me, thing as his protector I should have known."  He had to get away.  Get far from this place.

"I cannot do this out here Master Zenethor, please let us go where it is private.  I cannot let them see me like this."  It was true the General was coming undone and that would not be good.  He was holding up but those who truly knew him would be able to tell he was beginning to fray.

Jelenis Tythe

Zenethor gestured ahead of him and they walked to his study, once inside he closed the door and sealed it.

"Speak and quickly Abigor....the King is gone....we are leaderless....it is more than you suggest! Please tell me you did not force him to your passion!"

He knew Sabre well, Abigor even more so, he did not think such a thing was likely.  Sabre had always loved Abigor, among the inner circle of servants, himself, Ana  and Lui this was known.  It had been thought that Abigor felt the same...so what had happened.

"I do not care what trusts you think you are bound to keep....you will tell me what happened, exactly what happened in that room." He hissed softly.

"Keep any detail from me and I will know, and you will find yourself in a cell in the Pits cooling your heels until you feel more co-operative!"

Zenethor was concerned for both of them, for Sabre to leave he must be hurt, very hurt, perhaps not in body but in his heart.  For Abigor to be this angry, this foolhardy he too was in pain, mixed with anger though.

"What secrets do you think have been kept from you!" He snapped.

Jelenis Tythe

Meridior shook her head.

"Too soft and emotional, that is yer father's fault....but I think I can change that....I will send for Kondor, Zenethor's father.  He lives still and I think he can teach you to reach your full potential, a warrior as well as a sorcerer and a king."

Sabre closed his eyes, perhaps she was right, he did let emotions cloud him far too much, his desire for Abigor, his need to rule, his caring of a sort for Flori, his need for friends and family....what had any of it bought him....pain....just pain.

"Send for him...let him teach me to school out the emotion, let me be a warrior and I can then go back and rule my kingdom....and the other Rings."  He said in a flat voice, so unlike him.

"No more love, no more desire....no more family....the only one I have ever truly loved has rejected me without even listening to me, you are likely right about Flori...I saw the way she looked at Bouli....they are all laughing at me....they all think me weak Grandmother."

The old crone reached out to touch his face.

"T'is for the best Saberion....you cannot have those things....shut them out...." She said softly.

He closed his dark eyes.

"What about the Ithior?"

She smiled darkly.

"Abigor will feel what you are becoming soon enough....leave the channel open and let him feel the reward of his rejection and what it has made you in to!"

Jelenis Tythe

Several hours later Sabre heard heavy footfalls outside and he watched from the rear of the cave as Meridior shuffled to the entrance to greet a large heavy set demon, he was easily bigger than Abigor and Zenethor, his look more feral and canny.  She led him in and Sabre rose as they came towards him, he was easily dwarfed by the large male looking like a boy next to him.  He was looked up and down most critically and the demon turned to look at Meridior.

"This is he....this....child.....is your daughter's son?" He snarled.

Meridior chuckled.

"Come now Kondor...he is the King of the Tenth and a powerful Sorcerer, his prowess as a warrior needs a little work."

Sabre squared up to the huge Kondor and scowled.

"I was taught by Zenethor himself.....I have some skill!"

Kondor laughed and cuffed Sabre solidly round the head.

"Feisty little pup, who do you think taught Zenethor? I will say what skill you have...or do not....do you have more to wear that that fancy silk dress?"

Sabre flushed in embarrassment and the robe shimmered and became fighting leathers.

"There is plenty of space in the deeper caverns past this one....go easy on him Kondor....he is quite young by our reckoning remember!" Meridior said softly.

The huge demon turned his red eyes to the old crone.

"If he isn't up to it or does poorly he will feel my whip.....just as his uncle did!"  He gestured to a long whip coiled at his belt.

Sabre swallowed.

"No emotion....fear is emotion!" He said to himself in his mind softly.

"Come let us begin!" He said sharply to Kondor.

Jelenis Tythe

Zenethor was losing patience with his most favoured pupil.

"Do I need to send for the guards and have you taken to the Pit!" He snapped.

"Bloody well speak Abigor....do you think I do not know all secrets....everything that transpires in this place!" He growled.

"What do you think has been held from you?  What has happened that would make you walk away from him?"

He slammed his fist on the desk and his eyes glowed red.

"What did you do that has Sabre so upset that he would leave everyone......what did you say to him!"

Parkway

He followed Zenethor.

But he couldn't speak at first it was only the slamming of Zenethor's fist that brought him out of his trance.  When he spoke it was with a flatness unnatural to the fiery demon.  He was dead inside.  Nothing mattered. 

"Then you will have to take me too the pits.  I will not betray him.  What I will tell you is this.  I needed space.  I told him as much.  Said I needed time to think.  He kept things from me.  Things I am sure he thought he needed to keep from me."  He shook his head as his hands covered his face.  "I told him that I felt betrayed.  I told him not to call for me, that I needed to think.  Nothing happened for his light grew too fierce and he feared it would harm me."

Abigor didn't know where the King went. 

"Master I have no idea where the King went.  But it is time I left here.  I need to leave this place, this realm even.  Nothing I do for him is enough.  Nothing I have done seems to have pleased him.  My loyalty he seems to think is worthless, he left you say?"  He asked but it was rhetorical.  "All I asked for was some time alone.  He disappears.  Please don't admonish me, please we both know he is highly sensitive and it is probably for the best if I leave.  Maybe for good."

He didn't wait for the Master's comments.  He just got up and left.  He walked to the court, past the study, the librartpy, and once in his room he opened the door to the mortal plane.  He just needed to get away from here.  Every decision he had ever made was now in question.  The one demon who claimed to love him just left, couldn't even wait for him!  While he had waited over 18 years.  Maybe he was right in thinking Sabre never loved him as he had loved the King. 

Jelenis Tythe

As Abigor left the Demon Plane he felt it, felt the emotion tied to it through the Ithior and the distraction cost him dearly as Kondor knocked him flying and he landed heavily against the rocks.

"Enough!" He gasped in pain and winded, trying to cope with the loss of his love, just another confirmation to him how much Abigor hated him.

Kondor growled and slammed the point of his sword close to Sabre.

"It is enough when I say it is enough child!" He hissed.

"Spoilt pampered brat.....my son taught you poorly!"

Sabre closed his eyes, part of him just wanted to go to Abigor to beg his forgiveness and to be held by the only one he loved. How could he though, Abigor had made clear his feelings....especially accusing him of wanting Jelenis.

He slowly found his feet.

"Zenethor was a good teacher....." He growled softly.

Kondor grinned.

"Not from where I am standing......fight you arrogant brat!"

Parkway

Kora watched Abigor go to his room.  He felt the portal open to the mortal realm and his friend leave.

He hurried to Master Zenethor's chambers with Ulric at his heals.

"Master!  Master!"  Kora closed the door and sealed it.

"Abigor and King Sabre are gone.  This is grave.  I think no one should know this but us.  I can conjure his image, King Sabre that is in his chambers.  We cannot let it get out we are without King or General."

He spoke in a no nonsense tone.  Though inside he was a wreck.  This was time for cooler head to prevail.  "Shall I send anyone after Abigor?" 

Jelenis Tythe

Zenethor cursed the stubbornness of both General and King and looked wearily to Kora.

"Let Abigor cool his heels and Sabre will not be far, he has not left the Rings.....but he is hidden and powerful magic hides him." He said finally.

"Kora, do you sense Sabre? You are next closet to him after Abigor."

It was going to be hard to find Sabre especially if he did not want to be found.

"Abigor will be punished on his return, he should know better than to run away no matter what he feels!" Zenethor growled.

"His father and I taught him better than that......plus there is the Queen, she must not know the King is gone!"

Parkway

Kora was in full agreement not to let any know.

"I have tried to reach him Master, I feel something but what I could not say.  He isn't far that much I do know."  He looked back and nodded.

"Let us go to the library.  It is there that I should be able to feel him."  He got up and quickly walked to the room.  He sat in 'his' chair and tried the channel the King.

King Sabre, please hear me.  Open to me.  Abigor left!  We need you.  Your Kingdom needs you.  Please answer.  Come home King.

He didn't know what else to say so he just kept repeating it.  He let his love and admiration for his friend seep into his words so if the King heard them he also felt what Kora was feeling. 

Jelenis Tythe

He felt Kora and it cost him dearly that momentary lapse in focus,  Kondor knocked him hard and he was sprawled on his back again. The ancient demon roared in anger dragging Sabre to his feet, he took him to a tall rock roughly binding his hands above the younger demon's head he then tore open the back of his shirt.

"You have the focus of an infant!" He hissed.

"Punishment is due and perhaps then you might focus better.

Sabre closed his eyes as he heard Kondor shake out that great coiled whip at his side and drew it back.  Sabre felt its bite a dozen times, his back deeply striped, he thought he might pass out from the pain of it.  Kondor stomped off afterwards leaving him hanging there his back welted and bleeding.  The King could still hear Kora's insistent message and he answered.

"Stop Kora!"

He thought carefully on his next words.

"I am learning what I need to make me a true demon king...one to rule all Rings...I cannot come home until it is done....suffice to say I am safe.  As for Abigor....it is not for me to deal with, I know he has gone, I felt it....but I am an object of hatred to him now....he despises me...made that clear when he said I should go and screw Jelenis....let him be, he will come home to you when he is ready!"

He then abruptly shut the conduit and Kora from his mind.

Parkway

Kora felt it and stumbled from the chair....he repeated King Sabre's words.  In Sabre voice as if the King himself was there.  It truly took a tool on Kora.

"Stop Kora!"

"I am learning what I need to make me a true demon king...one to rule all Rings...I cannot come home until it is done....suffice to say I am safe.  As for Abigor....it is not for me to deal with, I know he has gone, I felt it....but I am an object of hatred to him now....he despises me...made that clear when he said I should go and screw Jelenis....let him be, he will come home to you when he is ready!"

Kora opened his eyes.  He is in the forbidden place Master Zenethor.  I have felt General Abigor, and I fear the King is wrong there.  Abigor will not return to us.  You nor the King will punish him, he is already sealing us from his mind and if I am right his runes will soon follow.

It was painful to think his friend was that lost to them.  For the first time he wondered what truly happened between the two.

"Master, I think Ulric and I should Masquerade as guards to the Kings chambers I do not want it known both are gone.  We will need to see to the men.  Make sure they think Abigor is on a quest."  Kora was slipping into the role of General.  Something many might not have thought of him.  He was loyal to his King and showing promise as a leader.  Kora was a natural.

Jelenis Tythe

Zenethor pondered the words that Kora had spoken and he then listened to the younger demon's authoritative tone as he spoke of what needed to be done.  Kora was acting like he had been taught, primed for...he was acting like a General.

"Do it Kora." He said softly.

"You say Sabre was in the Forbidden Place? Can you elaborate?" He asked with a horrible suspicion of where that might be.

Abigor needed his space and Sabre had made it clear he was to have it, the King thought he was hated and reviled by his General....what could have made him think such a thing....was that why he left?

Parkway

Kora nodded and looked at Ulrich who looked at his lover in a whole new light.  This was a side he had never seen.

"Perfect.  Now Ulrich it will be you and I only guarding the King's quarters.  I will tend to the men and have Viola take over the daily regimen of their drills.  She will not be told either.  If asked Abigor has gone in search of intelligence on the Fifth Ring.  That will not be even questioned."  He nodded to Ulrich.

Turning to Master Zenethor he sighed.  "He is in the warp where his mother's family resides.  I fear I am not strong enough to make it there."  He looked down, a bit ashamed that he could not do this for his master.

"I will go find Viola."  he said in a softer tone.

Jelenis Tythe

Zenethor closed his eyes at the mention of where Sabre was, why there of all the places he could go to.  His grandmother was a powerful demoness, very powerful almost as much as Sabre himself and she had knowledge as well.  If Sabre had gone to her then it could mean only one thing, he wanted to know what he needed to do to rule all of the Rings.

He gestured to Ulric.

"Go find Viola I need to speak with Kora, he will join you when I am done." He commanded.

He waited until Ulric had left the room.

"What do you know of Sabre's maternal grandmother Kora?" He said quietly.