Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Eyes In The Dark [Take 2] [SilverLuna & Morrighan]

Started by Ethereal-Star, November 26, 2015, 07:33:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ethereal-Star

@SilverLuna @Morrighan

Within the temple on the island of Kelei, one of the Thanatos islands, a figure could be seen meditating in a quiet, relaxed pose sitting cross-legged, hands outstretched on her lap with index fingers and thumbs touching each other, a representation of unity and connecting with the universe. In the meditation, she was both free and balanced, in harmony with the world around her and at peace, finding more and more of that hidden strength within her being. Chandra stayed like this for a good half hour in complete silence, the only sound being that of bird-song and the the light drizzle of rainfall from outside. Once she completed her session, the monk warrior grounded the energy by placing palms on the ground beneath her and channeled any excess back into the earth. She completed this act by saying a prayer to Inima, their goddess. Slowly standing up, the warrior stretched her legs and arms overhead, reveling in the relief the action brought.

Walking out of the side room she had been in, Chandra came upon Mekka, one of the older monks living in the temple currently working on an elaborate sand painting. Chandra walked over to him and greeted him by bowing, with him doing the same. Standing next to him, she looked over his shoulder as he worked. "Quite a marvelous work of art." Chandra praised.

"Oh, tis' nothing child, really." the monk admonished. "I must destroy it upon completion anyway. It would not be proper for a monk to have excess clutter just lying around. Plus there is much to be said for the art of detachment, that of letting go."

Chandra nodded in understanding. "I know, I know. For it teaches one not to become overly attached to material possessions. Still, it is a lovely piece."

The monk shooed her away, but in a playful manner. "Oh go away now dear Chandra, I must concentrate! Concentration is a must here!"

Chandra bowed again before saying, "I understand. I shall leave you to your tasks. Excuse me."

She walked to the front hall of the temple and found her father there, apparently waiting to speak to her. "Oh good, daughter you're here. Come, I must speak with you." Arto gestured for her to follow him to a  back room. Once they arrived he told her, "There has been some talk amongst the populace of some turmoil roundabouts." his brow furrowed in mild concern.

"What sort of turmoil, Father?" Chandra questioned.

"We are not positive. Only that there have been a couple disappearances, but only those of poorer status. However there is nothing to indicate foul play at hand, but something worries me nonetheless. A small worry, mind you, for I might just be overreacting. There have also been some dark tidings the temple seer has predicted, but as with all things of divinatory nature, nothing is set in stone. Still, our seer is rarely wrong."

Arto paused in his speech for just a moment, scratching his head. "Nevertheless the disappearances have caused those of more loud-mouthed behavior to start spreading rumors of a hidden enemy that waits in the shadows. A bit dramatic I think, but one never knows these days."

Chandra frowned. "Wherever would someone come up with that conclusion?"

"I know not." Arto answered. "But on other matters, you are on patrol duty today and tomorrow. It should go without saying that if you see or hear anything suspicious, you tell me and the others as soon as your shift is over."

Chandra nodded. "I shall." she promised. She looked at him and asked, "Is that all?"

Arto nodded. "Go and do what you must. I have other matters to attend to today."

Chandra then turned to leave, went to her room and grabbed her fighting stick, a long wooden stick capped with metal and rounded on both ends, and exited the temple. She nodded at the island folk there, smiling courteously while carrying her weapon on the side required of all temple warriors whenever she passed someone.

Her patrol continued late into the evening and she was finally ready to return back to the temple after a long day of service. There had been nothing out of the ordinary today. Well, nothing except for a minor dispute among two older men arguing about some ridiculous nonsense of what was better to eat, mangoes or papayas. One said mangoes were the work of Inima herself, while the other said you aren't a true Thanati if you don't like papayas and have at least one per week. It almost escalated to the point of pushing and shoving, but Chandra had quickly put an end to their petty squabbles by saying they each had their own opinions and the other should respect that and leave well enough alone. Chandra shook her head at the ludicrousness of the situation. Honestly, why do these things even matter to some people? She wondered.

Entering the doors of the temple, the warrior was unaware of malevolent eyes burning into her from the shadows of the tree cover nearby, waiting, watching and planning their next move. Once the doors closed with a click, the eyes disappeared and the owner of them quickly disappeared back to wherever they came from as though they were never there at all.

SilmeriaElemred

Deep beneath the earth in a cave, a loud roar echoed in the darkness. For years, a dragon had been locked up in there and was attached to various kinds of equipment that held him in place. The little bit of light present made his golden and green scales shimmer lightly.

There were various openings in his body. Mostly to harvest blood from, a few others from where they took out spinal fluid.

Torches were lit as a group of people entered the cave through a long tunnel making the dragon roar weakly. The harvesting for this week was done. And when he had made enough new blood to harvest it would be taken from him again.

''Hello sunshine. Missed us?'' one of the men spoke with a grin. Oblirin gave a weak aggresive growl but there was nothing he could do. Magic stones they had put in his body prevented Oblirin from morphing into a human form so he could escape not to mention, he was hungry.
''Feeding time, overgrown lizard.'' most men carried a crate with various kinds of fruit and vegetables as they knew Sorran dragons ate no meat.

Wild

Not far away from the temple a single silhouette draped in a long dark hooded cloak kept watch from the shadows of a group of trees. A light breeze played with the fabrics of the cloak, but this did not affect the  female figure hidden inside. The Order had sent her here on a mission, and such commands were to be obeyed, no matter what kind of weather it was.

This was not the first time Sophie was here. A lot of monks had disappeared from this area lately, and maybe she knew more about what had become of them than the monks still inside the temple. After all, this was why she was here today, waiting for her next potential victim....

A smile curled around the corner of her mouth when she saw the young temple warrior starting her petrol. She had just picked her next victim. Now she just waited for the right moment to attack.....

Ethereal-Star

Another day dawned, and with it a new patrol for the monk warrior. Walking along the streets of the island Kelei, Chandra could see nothing amiss, nothing out of the ordinary. Nodding amiably at the citizens she passed, making sure to keep her weapon positioned on the correct side of her, the part goddess woman took a moment to savor the peacefulness of the day around her. It was such a simple thing, to enjoy the calm weather and serene atmosphere, but Chandra was more attuned to such observations than most people were. Her practice required not only supreme awareness, but also patience and perseverance. After all, she couldn't very well harness the prana around her and train while distracted now could she?

Returning her attention just as swiftly as ever to the task at hand, the warrior thought she caught a glimpse of something suspicious in the bushes several yards away. Going over there, she knelt down and examined the shrubbery. Some of the leaves had fallen off, still fresh and green as ever, and in some places the green growth looked bent, dented. As though someone had been sitting in the bushes, waiting and watching for something to happen. These bushes were right near a small wooded area, that Chandra didn't really patrol through, as there was really no need to fully go in there. Few people ventured in these woods as it were. Weighing her options carefully, Chandra once more adjusted the weapon on her shoulder to keep it from falling to the ground. Finally deciding that she should take just a quick look thereabouts. And then she would resume her normal route.

Listening carefully, the warrior heard nothing suspicious. Standing there at the entrance for half a minute more, she chose that moment to enter the dark woods. Very much alert to any and all possible occurrences, Chandra directed her awareness, spreading out her mental radar in order to detect anything of concern. She was met with the energies of the woods around her, just like any woods would be, yet there was the hint of something that felt as though it didn't belong. Chandra's nerves started to respond to the sense of something demonic somewhere close by.

Keeping at the ready, Chandra ventured in a little further, hoping to discover what had her slightly on edge. If it was responsible in whole or in part for the recent disappearances, it was her duty as a Khan to go check it out. And check it out she would.

Wild

Sophie followed the lonely guard with her gaze, watchful, silent, waiting for the right moment to strike. The part demon woman followed the part goddess in silence, sensing she was more than just a human. She would be.... interesting... to say the least. Perhaps the Order could use her for something? Well, that remained to be seen, but first she needed to catch her. She had seen the weapons the guard kept at her side, and knew she would have to be smart to catch this one.

Her eyes sparkled when she saw the guard coming towards her, and she pulled herself deeper into the shadows, lurking and hiding, waiting for the right moment to attack. The guard was still in the daylight, and thus could be seen by other guards. Now was not the right moment. She had to wait, just a little bit longer....

The guard  knelt down in front of the bush where she had kept watch over the temple, and Sophie was glad that she had pulled away from that bush before the guard approached her. They were still in a risky area. She needed to get the guard deeper into the dark forest, then she could strike.

Finally, the guard stopped hesitating and entered the dark forest, away from the watchful sights of the other guards. Sophie smiled, glad that the woman had not asked for backup from the other guards at the temple first. She could handle a woman alone, for sure - but a troop of guards? Never!

The guard ventured in a bit further. There, perfect! The attack could begin. Sophie snuck closer to the other woman, preparing the thick strong wand she was always carrying with her as some kind of walking stick. It was long and thick enough to double as a weapon if needed. Or it could strike someone down from behind, depending on what happened first.

(I let you decide how your character is attacked)

Ethereal-Star

Venturing in that much further, the warrior kept her senses honed and ready, alert for the slightest movement or sign of something sinister going on. The demonic presence seemed to get stronger the further in she went, and Chandra thought perhaps it would be a good idea to go back to ask for help here.

She was just about to do that, when the whoosh of a weapon sounded right behind her and Chandra quickly leapt out of the way, rolling and tumbling to the side before standing upright again, weapon now poised to attack in front of her. Searching the greenery before her, the prana monk warrior saw a brown-haired woman hiding partly in the shadows. While she looked mainly human, Chandra was not fooled. The taint of demonic energy was pretty obvious where it came from, so the woman had to have some fiendish blood running through her veins.

Chandra pursed her lips tightly and kept up a good fighting stance, not letting her guard down at all. Still letting her senses roam, she tried to determine if there were any more about, but as far as she could tell, the demon woman was alone. "Cease this at once, there is no need for violence. However I will defend myself if need be."

They were too far away to be heard by any other guards or citizens, plus the fact the trees and shrubbery nearly obscured the both of them from view. It was up to Chandra's quick reflexes and fighting skills to deal with this if things went downhill from here.