Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Slaves by Combat (DragonSong) One Year before current date

Started by Saber-Five, December 29, 2015, 05:28:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Saber-Five

"That right, just relax and think of things you enjoy." Meeta commented smoothly, while lowering her fingers to rub the middle part of Lani's back in the same way she been doing with shoulders.

DragonSong

Breathing deeply, Lani tried to do just that. She remembered home, her first horse, a grouchy bay made she'd called Empress for her attitude, the first time her father had let her lead a hunt.

It was a bitter sweet sort of experience, both cathartic and reminding her of everything she'd lost. She shifted, turning her face into the bed to hide her expression.

Saber-Five

Something disturbed Lani judging by the way, she shifted. "Think of only good things, such as what you like to eat or do." Meeta said to be more specific.

DragonSong

"Didn't realize a massage came with such specific directions," she teased half heartedly, trying to put other thoughts from her mind.

Saber-Five

"Well I'm doing all the work right now." She teased right back.

DragonSong

Huffing a quiet laugh, she settled down again. "And I'm grateful. Really."

Suddenly feeling uncomfortable, she added, "I am uh- I'm not exactly sorry about yesterday, but I wish things had been...different."

Saber-Five

Her statement made Meeta stopped for a second. Lani didn't strike her as someone who said that kind of thing often to others.

"I wouldn't ask for an apology anyway. We both had no choice but to fight due to our status, I'm just grateful we weren't forced to kill each other."

Meeta resume the massaging process while she added.

"I enjoy fighting and intend keep doing it, but hopefully on my own terms in the future."

DragonSong

Lani sniffed. "On your own terms or not, there's no honor in a battle fought for other's entertainment," she muttered

Once upon a time she probably wouldn't have cared. Her tribe weren't exactly a soft people, and she'd both seen and participated in her fair share of fights put on simply to blow off steam, a ring of horsemen and women gathering around to cheer on their favorite. They weren't play fights either, bruises were given and sometimes bones were broken.

But there was never death. Not until the honor circle. The arena reminded her of it too much, expectant faces waiting for her to kill or be killed.

Saber-Five

"I would not be fighting for their pleasure?" Meeta countered.

The younger woman was offended, just because she was born into slavery dosen't make her completely blind to how sadistic an audience can be. Somtimes those who been taken away from  and forced to bondage, seem to stereotype that every slaves raised to this life was oblivious to how others view them

We just learn to conceal our true thoughts better. The nineteen year old girl thought.

"Fighting is one of the few things that reminds me that I can be strong. I certainly won't need a mob's attention to do it or not when if I'm freed."

DragonSong

Sensing she'd offended the younger woman, Lani subsided with a small noise as Meeta's fingers found a particularly persistent knot in her back. Privately though, she thought there were perhaps better ways for one to find her strength.

"You haven't asked," she said after a moment. "About the scar. Most people would have."

Saber-Five

Taken aback, Meeta struggle what to say.

"Uh...I didn't want to bring up something that would you're uncomfortable with. If you wish speak about it go ahead."

DragonSong

She smiled a bit. "Not that great of a story, really. I was just surprised you hadn't asked."

Dropping the subject, she turned onto her side a bit. "That's actually a lot better, thanks. Want me to return the favor?" She shrugged, adding, "I've never been trained or anything, so don't expect much."

Saber-Five

"You're welcome and yes I would be grateful."

Once Lani moved out of the way, Meeta disrobed and laid down the same way, her companion had done. Despite Lani's confession of being inexperienced with giving massages, Meeta didn't mind, as long it was something she can relax with.

DragonSong

Lani settled herself behind the younger fighter and started in on rubbing her shoulders, a little hesitantly. She knew her hands were rough and calloused, and her movements weren't nearly as practiced as Meeta's.

Still, it wasn't so different from what she'd done to help her father relax after a long hunt, or Nemeira-

She shut that thought down quickly, focusing on the work in front of her.

Saber-Five

Meeta just laid still and let Lani do her thing. The older woman's hands did feel a bit rough but not unpleasant.

"Hmm...this is fine." She uttered while closing her eyes.

DragonSong

She smiled a bit. "Good." After a few moments of silence, she asked casually, "You have any idea why your master was so generous with this reward business? I've never been treated so nice, least not in Essyrn."

Saber-Five

Meeta signed, she should've expected this question. Better deal with it.

"Master Kaa's not exactly a cruel man, he treats us, his servants with a little more leniency, than most of his class would. The reason why is because he wants slaves to depend on and believes it would benefit his household in the long run. Also he doesn't trust the other nobles that much, better to have many loyal pets as possible in case someone tried to harm him in any way."

Meeta caught her breath before she continued.

"Don't be mistaken, if a slave ever openly rebel or displeases him or any would be guests, he wouldn't hesitate to punish or even kill said slave to maintain his standing in Essryn."

DragonSong

Lani resisted the urge to clench her fists with difficulty. "I suppose you have it better than some," she forced herself to say, the words sour in her mouth.

Saber-Five

The tone in Lani's voice almost sounded resentful. Of course, Meeta could be mistaken.

"It's not like I want stay in his servitude forever. At the end of the day, we, the household slaves are still only pets to him. A cage is still a cage no matter how pretty it is."

Meeta pointed out as she tried focusing on relaxing.

DragonSong

Lani hummed a quiet agreement and renewed her focus in her task. She was supposed to be getting the other woman to relax, and this maybe didn't seem like the best way to go about it.