Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Double Trouble [Archive]

Started by DragonSong, January 18, 2016, 04:22:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DragonSong

Leon murmured a goodbye and watched her go, grabbing Noel's arm when he started after her. "Leave her be," he said quietly. "She's better off without us mucking up her life."

His brother arched an eyebrow at him. "Since when did you get so selfless?" he asked, but subsided, allowing Leon to tug him away.

The shifter shrugged and walked in silence, trying to put the pretty little librarian from his mind.

visualspice

Back to work and back to the dungeon, she thought she was done with her basement work for sure. Turns out there was whole other section of the subterranean library that needed some organizing and her boss thought she was just perfect for the job.

Though she didn't mind working with books, and ones so unique and old as the ones she was handling now, but it was awfully chilly in the basement, the books awful dusty, her nose running too much, her eyes itchy and watery after each sneezing fit and well-
No windows to indicate what time it was and how long she'd been down there.

She had gone to check, and was crestfallen to find out only half an hour had passed! With a grim look, she returned back into the cellar, and sighed infront of the endless wall of books.

"Guess it's time to get back to work..." she muttered. Organizing took a lot of work-
and she was only on the letter C.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

DragonSong

Wondering around the town did little to take Leon's mind off the girl, and somehow the brother's found themselves back in front of the library as the sun was starting to set.

"Well...she can't really fault us if we actually want to check out a book," Noel noted. Leon shrugged and nodded, and without a word marched inside.

Both brothers sort of glanced around furtively, hoping Artemis's boss wouldn't recognize them and toss them out.

visualspice

If Artemis's boss had recognized them, he didn't react. He was too busy playing kiss up to some noble's ass who was looking around for a particular book but couldn't recall the title. However, if they were looking for Artemis, she was still well out of sight, tucked below the library and finally finishing up and beginning on the D's.
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

DragonSong

Noel trailed behind Leon as they wandered around the library, for once out of his element while his younger brother was perfectly at ease. "Where are we going?"

"Not sure." Leon sniffed the air. "I'm just following her scent." They came to a door and the shifter paused. Wherever this led his senses told him Artemis was certainly there.

He furrowed his brow. "This...is basically stalking, isn't it?" He took a step back, shaking his head. For all his intentions to just leave the girl alone, he kept finding himself trailing after her.

Noel shrugged. "Sure it is. But that's sorta what we do, little brother. We're hunters."

visualspice

And just as they would have reached the cellar door, they'd hear something down below and a curse. Artemis had accidentally knocked over a very large pile of books. And as she was beginning to sift through them, repiling them around her, she paused when a book opened an eye to look at her. And she stared at it, before her mouth fell open- and she screamed.

DragonSong

Well. That did it.

Leon and Noel burst through the door and tore down the stairs, the shifter's senses leading them unerringly to the distressed librarian.

"What happened, are you alright?" Noel asked, gravitating toward Artemis while his eyes flickered around warily. Leon had sunk into a crouch beside them, a low growl building in his throat as he searched the gloom around them.

visualspice

Artemis stumbled back, tripping over a book and falling right into Noel. She was about to scream, but when she recognized Noel, her eyes went wide.
"N... Noel!" And then she turned quickly towards the pile of books. "One of the books!" she stammered. "It.. it has eyes."

Or well, at least one eye!

DragonSong

Noel's arms came around her automatically, holding her protectively against his chest. "Eyes?" he repeated, eyebrows going up. "Which one?"

Leon knelt next to the pile and sniffed at it warily, prodding a few of the spines to see if they would react.

visualspice

She pointed to a pile behind Leon, and to his left. Her hand was shaking.
"Th-there! The one bound in pale leather!"
And it infact, did house an eye, one blood shot, with veiny like bulges across the surface of the leather around it that seemed to pulsate with life.

DragonSong

Leon turned to see where she was pointing- and hissed, catlike, startled. "What the bloody hell..." he muttered, cautiously poking at the tome.

"Is that a good idea?" Noel said incredulously, backing up a step and putting Artemis behind him protectively.

visualspice

"What.. what is it?" she asked, clinging onto Noel's arm, her voice a little shaky. "Is it..." ANd her voice lowered. "Is it some sort of magic book?" And at the very idea she felt the hairs on the back of her neck rise, but a chill coursed through her vein colder than the one before when the eye of the book turned to look right at her.

DragonSong

"Must be," Noel muttered, narrowing his eyes as he stared at the thing. He growled low in his throat when the eye swiveled toward Artemis.

"What do we do with it?" Leon asked, poking at the thing warily. It felt...odd. His hackles raised and gave a low yowling sound.

visualspice

"Do?" she could have fainted at the idea of even touching the thing again! She still clung to Noel, shifting a bit awkwardly. "We.. well, we have to tell someone about it."
THough at the idea, she wilted a little. It looked like another late night for her!

DragonSong

Leon frowned at that and suddenly shook his head. "No," he said firmly, looking up at his brother and Artemis.

Slowly, Noel nodded, realizing the shifter's train of thought. "With how crazy everyone is about magic around here, they might accuse you of being a mage just for finding it," he said to the librarian. "We'll have to just get rid of it somehow..."

visualspice

ARtemis gasped and looked between the two brothers.
"Me being a mage?" Really, she could have fainted. "What on earth... but I..." her throat went dry, she found it hard to swallow. She looked around nervously. "But how..."
And she lowered her voice a bit more, looking around to see if anyone else was present. "How could we... should we get rid of it? And my boss... I... he might notice if it's missing. I.. I was the one sent down here to organize this stuff."

DragonSong

"We'll take care of it," Leon said automatically, wanting to reassure her. He wasn't exactly sure how though.

"Yeah." Noel gave her a crooked smile. "That way you can blame us if your boss gets on your case, say we stole it or something."

visualspice

Artemis was taken back.
"What? No! I couldn't do that!"

DragonSong

Both brothers looked at her, startled by her vehemence. "Why not?" Leon asked, brow furrowed in confusion.

visualspice

Shaking her head, she said, "I couldn't let you get in trouble because of me." And she looked around, still curious no one else had heard her scream. But then she heard something move, and leaped when she thought she saw it was the book. "Gods.. what... is that thing alive?" She asked, clinging to Noel still and whimpering.