Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Double Trouble [Archive]

Started by DragonSong, January 18, 2016, 04:22:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DragonSong

Leon saw the thing twitch out of the corner of his eye and recoiled, hissing at it. Noel wrapped his arms securely around Artemis and murmured, "Shh, shh, it's alright," petting her hair soothingly.

"Do you have a bag?" Leon asked, not taking his eyes off the book. "We need to pick it up, but I don't really want to touch it directly."

visualspice

Artemis shook her head.
"All I have are the few carts they provided me with." She wrung her hands. "Shouldn't we tell someone? What if..."
SHe didn't even want to finish that thought.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

DragonSong

Noel squeezed her shoulder gently. "I really don't think that's a good idea, sweetheart," he murmured. Then added with a shrug, "But if you really think we should, Leon and I can't exactly stop you."

Not strictly true, but she didn't need to know that. "Here." He pulled away from her to strip his shirt off and toss it to his brother. "Use that."

Leon caught it with a nod and a small eye roll, bending to wrap the fabric around the book.

visualspice

And once she realized Noel was shirtless, she was less inclined to cling to him again,a nd averted any gazing at his bare chest.

"Once the book's picked up..t hen what? I think this is a bad -" And she gasped, watching as the book suddenly toppled away from Leon and skid to a halt beside Artemis's skirts. Involuntarily, she clung to Noel again before the eye shot it's gaze to her again. And this time, she felt herself unable to look away from it's terrifying gaze.

Old chants drummed inside her head, and images she couldn't even begin to describe rolled through her head, and before she realized it, the book suddenly closed it's eyes-
and she fainted.
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

DragonSong

"Artemis!" The shout came from both brothers, Noel catching her as she fell and Leon lunging forward to pounce on the book, wrapping the shirt around it roughly and thing it shut.

He turned to the other two, Noel kneeling with Artemis cradled to his chest. He let out a quiet sigh of relief when he saw she was breathing. Vindictively kicking the book away, he shifted closer so both young men had their head bent over her in concern.

"Artemis?" Leon said softly, reaching up to touch her shoulder.

Noel smoothed some hair off her face. "Hey, can you hear us, sweetheart?"

visualspice

Despite their attempts, the young woman didn't move, only breathed.

DragonSong

"Come on," Noel grunted, slipping his arm under her knees and standing so she was cradled against his chest. "Let's get her outside. Maybe some fresh air..."

Leon nodded and shot a disgruntled look at the wrapped book, but bent to pick it up anyway, following his brother as they made their way back up the stairs into the library. "You have any idea what the hell just happened?" he grumbled, hiding his worry with irritation.

Noel shook his head, glancing down at the unconscious girl in his arms. His heart lurched uncomfortably. "No. But we'd better figure it out."

visualspice

And it was about that time Artemis's boss saw the two men from before carrying a very unconscious Artemis. He approached in a huff, demanding, "What is the meaning of this? Guards! GUARDS! We have two intruders, trying to steal our books and a librarian!"

And the guards on post out front turned their way, and began to make haste in their direction.

DragonSong

"Oh, fuck," Leon muttered.

"Wait, wait!" Noel protested, backing up a step. "She fainted, we're just trying to get her outside, some fresh air you know?"

Leon handed him the wrapped book, tucking it between his body and Artemis. He really didn't want the thing anywhere near her, but he didn't see many other options if they were going to have to fight their way out of this, as was looking more and more likely.

visualspice

"Fainted? Ha! And you don't think you're responsible? What were you doing down there anyway? That place is for employees only! GUARDS!" And soon the guards were upon them.
"Take these men away, the woman too! THrow them int he jail for trespassing and stealing. And question Miss Longfellow when she awakens!"

The guards nodded and made their way after the brothers.

DragonSong

The brothers exchanged a look, then nodded. Without a word, Leon leaped forward and changed, clothes tearing as his body shifted from man to cat. He bowled them over, howling and slashing, and Noel used the distraction to race for the door, jumping down the steps in one bound and taking off down the street.

Leon hung back, swiping and snarling at the guards, holding them off as long as he could to give Noel and Artemis time to get away.

visualspice

Artemis only began to awaken during Noel's mid-run flee, but her eyes never opened, rather she began to murmur incoherent nothings, words that sounded an awful lot like demon speak.

DragonSong

Noel almost tripped over his feet, glancing down at the girl in surprise. What the hell? Was that-?

They didn't have time to think about it. He veered off down an alley, pausing for a moment to catch his breath and wait for Leon to catch up.

The shifter followed their scent easily, dashing through town and down the alley without- miraculously- attracting too much attention. He was sure the guards would be after them once they regrouped though. He huffed at Noel, a little concerned that Artemis hadn't woken.

"Come on, maybe we can get back to the inn without being noticed," his brother murmured, setting off again with the cat at his heels.

visualspice

The guards made chase, but the others were farther ahead of them. Although they did call out for more guards. After all, seeing such magic as a transformation from a man into a large cat of all things was enough  of a crime to label them all mages. Artemis still seemed none the wiser, fast asleep, mumbling nothings.

DragonSong

Slipping through back alleys, the brothers managed to somehow arrive at the Red Horse Inn without being spotted. They crept around to the back of the building- where thankfully their room was located- and snuck inside. Hurrying to the room they'd been staying in, Noel moved to the bed and laid Artemis down, tossing the damned book onto the floor and shoving it away with his foot.

"She better wake up soon," Leon muttered, shifting back to human form and looking her over with concern. "It won't take the guards long to start searching buildings." Then her mumblings caught his attention and his eyes widened. "Is- is that-?"

Noel nodded, frowning. "I think it is. It's a dialect I don't recognize though, I'm only getting every other word." Still, it was undeniably demon speak.

Leon's eyes flicked to the book. What the hell was that thing?

visualspice

And undisturbed the book, and sleeping Artemis would remain. She did appear feverish, though had no fever or chills as she lay there. If conventional means didn't seem to wake her, it was a wonder what would.

DragonSong

Leon found himself sitting on the edge of the bed, leaning over the girl, paying little mind to his state of undress. "Artemis?" he shook her shoulder lightly. "Hey, c'mon. Wake up."

Nothing.

Noel slipped around to perch at her other side, brow furrowing in concern. "Oi, sweetheart. We've gotta move, come on." He patted the side of her face lightly.

visualspice

She stirred, murmuring, eyes moving beneath her lids. But when they opened, a red light burned within the chocolate brown depths of her eyes.

DragonSong

Both brothers recoiled from her, startled. Leon hissed, his hackles raising instinctively.

"Artemis?" Noel probed cautiously, reaching out to cup her face in his hands and peering into her eyes. "Hey, sweetheart, can you hear me?"

visualspice

And she looked at him, eyes searching deep into his before fingers softly caressed his cheek. And again, soft words in demon tongue came forth-
Words along the lines of awakened, hungry and free.