Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Double Trouble [Archive]

Started by DragonSong, January 18, 2016, 04:22:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DragonSong

Leon sighed. Of course. It was just his luck. It seemed that the girl lived in the same direction he and Noel were heading.

Clamping a hand over his brother's mouth, he set off, doing his best to move quietly and in shadow so she wouldn't see them and think they were following her.

...Although he supposed the whole sneaking around thing was rather incriminating if she did happen to catch sight of them. Wow, he just couldn't win today.

visualspice

Across the park she went and over the bridge, pausing only momentarily to look up at the moon. Below, it glittered as a reflection across the matron river, and reminded her that, despite the strange occurrences that had happened today, all was right with the world-
So long as she stayed within the city.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

DragonSong

They'd reached the bridge when Noel's vision started to blur at the edges. "Oh. Uh, hey, little brother, don't want to bother you, but-"

His knees buckled and he dropped with a sharp thump. He heard Leon curse as he dragged the other man down with him, and thought he was muttering something along the lines of "told you  that you'd had too much."

He grinned in the direction of Leon's voice, shrugging. "Can't help myself, you know that."

Leon snorted, trying to haul him to his feet. "Yeah, and you think I'm the one who needs looking after." He cast a quick glance around, hoping no one had noticed them. Noel wasn't exactly being quiet.

visualspice

Artemis froze. Had she heard something.. someone? She hesitated before looking behind her, calling over the rise in the bridge.

"Hello? Is someone there?"
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

DragonSong

Leon winced. Shit. He tried dragging Noel backward, away from the girl, but-

"Don't mind us!" Noel called back, staggering to his feet and using the rail of the bridge to keep himself upright. Leon dropped his head into his hands with a growl. "Be about your business, nothing to see here!"

His brother swayed and sat down again heavily, once again dragging Leon with him with a small "Oof."

visualspice

The voices sounded familiar, and when curiously she crossed the bridge again, she gasped- and was too stunned to offer help at first, as she contemplated accusing them of stalking her!

DragonSong

Leon met the girl's eyes with an apologetic grimace. "I swear we're not following you," he mumbled, staggering slightly under Noel's weight.

"Of course we're not!" his brother exclaimed, gesturing wildly. "It is fate, written in the stars- you know, all that sappy romantic shit, like in that book of yours." He gave the mousy librarian what he thought was a charming grin, but he was honestly a bit to inebriated to really tell.

visualspice

Artemis was taken back, and though she really, really wanted to get home- apart of her couldn't help but ask, "Hey.. do you need a help with your friend?"
She hoped and prayed he said no, but the man looked bad, staggering on his feet.

DragonSong

"I'm fine!" Noel protested, swaying on his feet.

Hating to admit it, Leon gave the girl a long-suffering look. "Er, actually...if you wouldn't mind..." He cleared his throat and dropped his eyes. "Yeah, some help would be appreciated. I just need to get him back to the inn..."

visualspice

Frozen that the response was yet, she forced a smile and mousily made her way towards them. Hesitantly, she took a spot on the other side of Noel and gave Leon a look.
"Which inn?"

DragonSong

He frowned. "Ah...I don't remember the name. There was a red horse on the sign..." He shrugged helplessly, shifting Noel so his brother's weight was more on his side.

For his part, Noel suddenly found the girl tucked against his side and was quite content with this turn of events, so for the first time that evening he shut up.

"You smell nice."

Well, he almost shut up.

Leon rolled his eyes. "Please don't mind him. He's...very drunk." He probably wouldn't be behaving too differently if that weren't the case, but she didn't need to know that.

visualspice

Artemis shifted uncomfortably at the comment, and peered over at Leon when he said he was drunk.
"That much I can smell," she muttered with a frown. But hten she perked up. "So you said a sign with a red horse? That must be Baker's place, the Red Horse Inn..." she shrugged. "So suitably named. It's not too far from here." She frowned, her lips tightening into a thoughtful line. "But we'll have to go back through the park."

DragonSong

Leon sighed. "Of course we will." Huffing, he adjusted his grip on Noel. "Lead the way then. I apparently don't know where I'm going."

Noel chuckled, reaching up sloppily to ruffle his hair. He glowered, trying to duck away from his hand but only able to get so far with his arm around his shoulders.

visualspice

Artemis did her best to ignore the awkwardness of this situation, and helped guide Noel along. And each step she was wishing would go faster, bringing them to their destination when Artemis felt her boot slip on the wet grass- and down she went, falling right onto Noel's lap.

DragonSong

"Ouff!"

"Gods damnit!"

There was a bit of a domino effect, the end result being that Noel was sprawled half on top of his brother and suddenly found himself with a pretty girl in his lap. Moving almost by muscle memory he wrapped his arms around her waist, drawing her up against his chest. "I gotta say, darlin', that's pretty forward of you," he chuckled. "But, if you give me a minute to ditch Leon-"

"Fuck you," Leon growled, squirming out from under him and scrambling to his feet, hackles raised and eyes snapping. He let out a low, almost-snarling sound when he saw what Noel was doing. "Gods. Let her go, would you?"

visualspice

And all Artemis could do- was stare.

DragonSong

Noel completely ignored his brother. The girl wasn't struggling, so his drunken mind decided pushing his luck would be a good idea. He dipped his head to nuzzle into the crook of her neck, inhaling deeply.

His eyes flared and a soft rumbling started up in his chest. He could practically taste her tension, though there was a hint of fear that made him wrinkle his nose. "You really do smell nice," he murmured distractedly. "Good enough to eat..."

With a low, feral growl Leon reached down and wrenched the girl out of his brother's arms, putting her behind him protectively. "You need to sober up," he snapped, practically vibrating with irritation.

visualspice

Too stunned to react, she felt herself being freed roughly by the other brother, who she simply stared at, slack jawed. When any sense returned to her, she felt her face flush as she looked away from the pair.

"Per. perhaps I should find someone else to assist you to your Inn."
Because she feared a heart attack, other wise!

DragonSong

Leon sighed, running his hand down his face. "No need. Look, just point us in the right direction and we'll get out of your hair," he muttered. It was only then he realized he was still holding her arm and released his grip as suddenly as if he'd been burned.

"I make no such promises," Noel mumbled, staggering to his feet. Leon glowered at him. If he went down again, he had half a mind to just leave his brother in the street.

visualspice

Artemis nodded, feeling guilty, but too out of her element here.
"I... I'm sorry I can't be of any more assistance. I do have to work early too."
And she bit her lip, wondering if that was a bad thing to mention.

Tags: