Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Double Trouble [Archive]

Started by DragonSong, January 18, 2016, 04:22:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DragonSong

Leon blinked at her, bewildered. "Why the hell are you apologizing?" he asked incredulously. "We're the ones who've been giving you a hard time." Unintentionally- at least on his part- but still.

Noel latched onto the second piece of what she'd said. "Work early, huh?" He flashed a grin. "Maybe we'll have to pay another visit to the library."

Leon shot a glare at him. "Good luck. You're going to be sleeping that hangover off for a couple days," he snapped.

visualspice

Artemis flushed.
"I... I guess this is goodbye then." She went on awkwardly. "But ... oh! You still need directions?"
She forgot they were lost, too!
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

DragonSong

Leon actually blushed a bit, clearing his throat awkwardly. "Uh, yeah. If you wouldn't mind," he mumbled.

visualspice

"Well, you see that street over there? IT's West Jefferson. Take that down to Adella Lane, then a left onto... Pontus Street.. I believe and hrm.. maybe it was Pointer's Avenue... well, I think it began with a P... But er...a nyways, two more turns, a left and right, will have you at Jacob's Avenue, and you take that to the end and uh.. your place is on the left."

She hoped. It was a lot harder doing it from memory than actually moving through the route herself!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

DragonSong

"Right. Thanks," Leon said with a sharp nod. Looping Noel's arm over his shoulder, he started off.

Then he paused. Glancing back at the girl, he found himself mumbling, "Uh, you know... I- ahem- I kinda like libraries. If- if this one promised to behave...do you think you'd let us come back?"

Noel laughed and he winced. Great. What was he doing? He sounded like an idiot.

visualspice

Artemis blinked, then fully realized what he was saying.
"Oh I... I don't have a say in that and... well, it's my boss and he- well.. what you two did after hours hasn't been reported so er.." she raked a hand nervously against her arm. "Really.. anyone can go to the library unless you're personally thrown out..."
Which she had only seen once.

DragonSong

For the first time that night Leon gave her a real smile. "So...you're not going to report us then?" Well, she's at least implies as much, hadn't she?

visualspice

Artemis stood there, then shook her head.
"No....." She blushed, then shook her head again. "Not this time."

DragonSong

"We appreciate that, sweetheart," Noel slurred before Leon clapped his hand over his mouth.

"Thanks," the shifter murmured, giving her a nod and another small, quick smile before hauling his brother off toward the inn.

visualspice

She breathed a lot easier once the pair were out of sight. Though as she turned to walk home, she found herself smiling a little. At least the one brother seemed civilized. And why was it that he asked about being able to return? Did he like libraries that much or...?
She bit her lip and shook away the idea.

A silly idea. She had just met them. Surely no man would, after seeing her just once, would be so eager as to wish to see her again so soon and int he same manner. This she took to bed with her, flopping around until she finally was able ot get just a few hours of sleep.

DragonSong

While Noel passed out almost the instant his brother hauled him onto his bed, Leon found he couldn't get to sleep until closer to dawn. For one thing, their room only had one bed, so while his brother snoozed off his drunkenness he was left on the floor.

He always had a hard time sleeping in human form, but it was too risky to take his cat shape in Connlaoth. Someone might walk in on them, scream about magic, and then they'd be in real trouble.

So when Noel woke the next morning, bright eyed and bushy tailed, his demonic metabolism having burned through the alcohol in his system, he laughed to find Leon curled in a cramped little ball in the corner of the room. "Hey, little brother! Rise and shine," he called, smirking.

Leon groaned, rolling over to put his back to him. "Go fuck yourself."

"No time for that." Noel bounded out of the bed and grabbed his arm, hauling him to his feet. "You've got a library date, remember?"

visualspice

SHe was late! ANd could have kicked herself for it, as her boss did not let it drop all day. She was forced to work in the back, and only when she was done organizing the return list was she allowed out from the basement. But half a day had gone by and hse needed a break. She was allowed it and desperately she scrambled to get outside, and sat by the fountain nearby. Though she hadn't a lunch to eat (she never did) just being outside, for evne a few minutes, at least reminded her she wasn't some crazy person working in the dusty basement of a library for almost five hours straight.

DragonSong

It was about midday by the time Leon and Noel actually made it out of their inn. Trying to seem nonchalant about it, Leon gradually directed them toward the library.

Noel knew what his brother was doing, and while he did give him a bit of a hard time about it, honestly he was intrigued. It was fascinating to watch Leon so captivated by a simple mortal girl.

And speak of the devil. They didn't even have to go into the library to find her, she was sitting near a fountain outside. Smirking, he slid up beside her. "Hey there, sweetheart. Miss me?"

Leon shoved a hand in his face and pushed him away. "Sorry," he muttered to the young woman, almost a reflex at this point.

visualspice

Gasping,s he jerked away out of reflex, but when Leon put his brother in his place, she sighed with some relief.

"Oh, I..." she shook her head. "You just startled me is all... DId you both come from the library? I.. er, sorry I wasn't inside I... had some work to do in the basement." Her eyes dropped to the cobblestone. "And seems I'll be there for most of the day."

But hten she realized, this wasn't about her anyway and perked up.
"But if you need help, I can at least point you int he right direction for what you may be looking for. I know the library inside and out, and though it's large and daunting, it's not too hard to navigate once you understand the system and how thigns are coded and placed."

DragonSong

"No, we actually just got here," Leon told her. He saw the way her eyes dropped and tilted his head. "We didn't, um...you aren't in trouble or something, because of us, are you?"

The thought made him feel guilty. It was a feeling he didn't experience often, and he wasn't a fan.

"Clever little thing, aren't ya?" Noel praised when she claimed to know the library inside and out, ignoring his brother's question.

visualspice

"Oh, no! IT wasn't that I... er.." she wrung her hands. "I was just a bit late... But work is work, right?" And she tried to smile about it. No need to worry them! Of course, she ignored Noel's comment.

DragonSong

Leon frowned a bit, his eyes flicking toward the library. "I suppose. That boss of yours seemed like a real piece of work."

"You're on a break then?" Noel asked, plopping down beside her without preamble. Leon scowled and folded his arms, but other than squeezing himself in between them there wasn't really a lot he could do, and he wasn't that irritated.

Yet.

visualspice

Taken back by Noel's sudden appearance so close to her, she hesitated before replying, "Er... yes." But hten added quickly, "But only a short one."

DragonSong

"Pity." Mismatched eyes glinted at her. "Seeing as you know the town so well, and you were so accommodating before, I was gonna ask if you wouldn't mind being our guide." He shrugged, leaning back. "Maybe later."

"Maybe never," Leon snapped. With a sigh, he looked to the librarian. "I really am sorry about him. I promise he's not so bad once you get to know him." Speaking of... "I'm Leon, by the way," he said, just realizing that he'd never properly introduced himself. "The cretin is Noel."

"Oi," his brother protested mildly. "I prefer cad, if you must insult me."

visualspice

Artemis blushed when she realized they hadn't known one another's names. Then again, introductions were unceremonious at best.

"Artemis," she said with a nod. "It's a pleasure to meet you."
Though after she said it, she began to wonder if 'pleasure' was the right word for it.