Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Double Trouble [Archive]

Started by DragonSong, January 18, 2016, 04:22:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DragonSong

"Likewise," both men said in unison, Noel with a cocky grin and Leon with a small, polite nod.

Of course, Noel couldn't stop himself from adding, "Though it'd been an even greater pleasure if-"

Leon clapped his hand over his brother's mouth. "That thing I said about him not being so bad once you get to know him? Yeah, it can take a while."

visualspice

Her blush held strong through the boy's interactions as she gave a gentle shake of her head.

"I must admit, I am surprised I'm not entirely repulsed by the pair of your presence," she commented, a chuckle glowing in her eyes.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

DragonSong

The brothers exchanged a quick look, then Noel smirked and said, "I suppose we'll take that as a compliment." She was pretty when she blushed, but even prettier with that playful sort of glint in her eyes. He shifted subtly closer to her, pressing his side against hers and throwing his brother a cocky look when the other half-demon huffed at him.

visualspice

Artemis immediately stiffened at the man's presence. She herself couldn't deny he was handsome, as was his brother, but that's what made it doubly awkward.

"Er.." she shifted away, but only an inch, so as not to make it so obvious she'd rather not have him cuddled up beside her. "So like.. are you two just brothers.. or twins.. or...?"
They seemed pretty close, which was always nice to see in a family. She began to wonder if they had more family than the pair of them- but perhaps that question was best never asked. These two seemed trouble enough. Noel especially.
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

DragonSong

"Brothers," they responded in unison, then exchanged a quick look.

"Half brothers, technically," Noel said, giving her a quick smile. "Most people assume we're twins, but I'm a whole week older."

Leon snorted and rolled his eyes. "And he clings to that like a life raft," he informed Artemis wryly, shooting Noel a dry look.

visualspice

"So.. like... half twins?" she responded with a small smirk.

DragonSong

Noel laughed and Leon snorted, rolling his eyes. "I've never thought of it that way, but yes, I suppose so," the older brother chuckled.

Shaking his head, Leon finally gave in to the urging in the back of his mind and sat on Artemis's other side, though he gave her more space than Noel. "I don't think that's really a thing," he pointed out with an arched eyebrow.

Noel shrugged. "Sure it is! Little Miss Librarian says so." He flashed a bright grin at the young woman.

visualspice

She tried to hide her smile behind a hand, but she couldn't lie Noel's playfulnes was infectious. He really did look nice when he grinned. But she shook her head anyway, saying, "I was just being playful,...although I've known some half-siblings who were at war with one another. It's nice to see you two act like family."

Even the fighting, she supposed, was a bit endearing. She did, after all, bicker with her own younger sisters- and older brother too.

DragonSong

"Oh believe me, we've got plenty of other half-sibs we don't get along with," Noel said with an only slightly bitter chuckle. Leon shot him a look, a little surprised he'd even shared that much. It wasn't like him.

"You got family then?" he asked, steering them away from that topic before she asked a question they couldn't answer. "Brothers and sisters I mean."

visualspice

Artemis smiled as she turned to Leon.
"Oh yes. I have quite a large family, actually, an older brother, and three younger sisters. And the younger ones are quite a handful, I assure you."

DragonSong

Noel snorted. "Don't I know it. Being the older sibling is rough." Without looking Leon reached around and thumped the back of his head.

"No parents?" he asked softly, brow furrowing a bit.

visualspice

"Oh! Why yes, I do. Both of my parents are alive and... er, as well as they can be." And awkwardly, she tucked some hair behind her ear. She didn't feel it was appropriate to go spewing to these two men how sick her parents had been. It wasn't their problem, and she'd rather not tell more than she had to about that.

"What about you two? Do you stay close with your parents?"

DragonSong

Both of them stiffened a bit at that, an instinctive reaction to the mention of their parents. "Not...really," Leon said slowly.

"Our father's sort of a bastard," Noel explained conversationally. "Not much fun to be around. and our mothers..." He shrugged, frowning, and glanced away.

"We aren't really close," Leon supplied a little awkwardly.

visualspice

She went quiet as well, shuffling her feet awkwardly.

"Well.." she went on with a sigh, rising from the stone wall around the fountain. "It was nice talking to you both, but I should be heading back to work now."

DragonSong

Noel found himself surprised at the little pang of disappointment. "Right, of course," he said graciously, standing as well with Leon a beat behind.

"Er, look. Artemis," the younger brother said suddenly, shifting a little awkwardly. "What time do you get off work? We could...walk you home. It's not really safe for a woman to be alone at night." He'd been thinking it since they'd stumbled across her the previous night, and now for some reason he just couldn't keep quiet about it.

visualspice

"I work the whole day until sunset, why?" But upon hearing his suggestion,s he blinked, blushing and shook her head. "Oh, you don't have to worry about me. The streets are safe, always patrolled by soldiers since the war." She cleared her throat awkwardly. "Beside I wouldn't want to be an inconvenience."

DragonSong

"It's really not an inconvenience," Noel leaped to assure her. Then he added with a winning smile, "Besides, we do kinda owe you for helping us out last night when I was drunk off my ass."

Leon rolled his eyes and muttered, "Charming, Noel. Just...charming."

visualspice

"Er.. but no, really, you don't have to. In fact.. I'd rather you not," she admitted with a frown. "I do work a long day and I'm sure you both have better things to do with your time."

DragonSong

"We really don't," Noel said with a grin, evidently unwilling to take no for an answer. Rolling his eyes, Leon laid a hand on his brother's shoulder and looked at Artemis.

"If that's what you want," he said slowly, shrugging. He couldn't ignore the niggling worry in his chest though- it didn't make any sense, but it was there.

visualspice

"I did have a nice time with you both." she went on, inching her way towards the library before she bowed her head to them. "I hope you enjoy the rest of your day."
And she didn't wait for them to start a conversation to make her distracted, as she turned and began to walk, with some haste, back into the library. Back to work.