Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Feather of Fate [M] [DragonSong]

Started by Juno, January 27, 2016, 08:42:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Juno

Penny flushed darkly once she remembered why that was, feeling foolish for forgetting already and even asking it of him in the first place. "Oh Gods, I'm sorry. I was just excited, it can wait until- What? The storm is the spell?"

She turned to look out the window again, frowning deeply as raindrops began to patter gently on the glass, though they were quickly growing louder and angrier and another roll of thunder shook the cottage walls. That got her to step back finally, curling her hands in as if the vibrations had burned her and giving Mal a sad but hopeful smile. "It's probably just a coincidence, we were due for some rain anyway. Let's wait it out and try when it clears? At least we'll get to see if you've patched the roof," she added, trying to keep some optimism up about the whole thing potentially being another failure.

DragonSong

Mal hated to see that smile. He much preferred the little quirk her lips got when she was actually happy, or even exasperated with him.

Without thinking, he reached out to grab her wrist and tug her gently against him, turning her so her back was to his chest and she could look out the window. He dropped his chin onto her shoulder.

"Watch the rain with me?"

Juno

"What? Oh...sure." Penny leaned back against him some, eyes still a bit sad as she looked out the window at the increasingly angry tears across the glass.

"Do you like watching rain? You know, even though you can't exactly go out in it? ...it's kind of like music sometimes," she mused.

DragonSong

He shrugged. "It's pretty. I sort wonder what it would be like to stand out in it." His voice had just a hint of wistfulness to it as he propped his chin on the top of her head.

Juno

Penny thought on how to describe it, giggling quietly and tilting her head briefly to kiss his chin. "Welll. It can be nice sometimes, like a mist that's just settling on your skin. You can barely feel it but rain like this...probably would hurt. Strong storms hit harder, like being poked by lots of tiny little fingers."

DragonSong

"Hm." Mal smirked, eyes glinting mischief. "So...like this?" He jabbed his fingers into her sides, dancing over her ribs while his other arm kept her pinned.

Juno

With a wide-eyed squeak Penny was writhing against his hold on her immediately, laughing a pained laugh and cursing her ticklishness and his knack for exploiting it. "Yessss, kind of like that, you meanie." She pouted playfully through her giggles, twisting to try to hold his hand still but knowing he was strong enough to keep going if he wanted to. "It's more of a tapping poke than a tickling poke, though."

DragonSong

"Mmm..." Mal dipped his head to kiss her neck, feathering a few light touches up her ribs to clasp his hands just below her breast. "I think I've lost interest," he murmured, chuckling.

Juno

Penny relaxed as his touch shifted to something far more gentle, the last of her giggles accompanied by a happy sigh as she leaned back against his chest instead. "Already? And I was trying so hard to teach you," she huffed playfully, skimming her hands along his forearms contently.

DragonSong

Mal kissed her jaw with a soft "hmm" of acknowledgement, obviously much more interested in what he was currently doing.

He bit back a quiet groan as she leaned back into him and nibbled gently at her ear. "What are the chances we could sneak an hour to ourselves? Or maybe fifteen minutes?" he muttered

Juno

"Hmm. I think we can sneak a little time away from her," she admitted quietly, careful not to name her mentor in case the mage was listening for it to be called. "Maybe fifteen minutes, maybe an hour if we're lucky."

Penny smirked knowingly, tilting her head to eye him curiously while feigning ignorance. "Did you want to sneak away for a cuddle while we wait out the storm?"

DragonSong

"Yes. Cuddle. Exactly." Mal growled playfully and pulled her a little more firmly against him, dipping his head to scatter kisses along the length of her throat to her shoulder.

Juno

A small shiver of delight raced down her spine for his touch, the idea that she'd conjured some sort of storm already pushed to the back of her mind.

Glancing at the door she smiled mischievously and turned herself to press a kiss to Mal's cheek and stand on her toes to whisper at his ear, "Let's find some privacy, hm? I'd rather not get caught here." Her lips curled to a wicked grin as she settled back down on her feet and tugged at his arm to quickly lead him out to the hall.

DragonSong

A low croon reminiscent of a pleased bird of prey hummed in his throat and Mal followed her easily, eyes locked on her every move.

Juno

Penny shuffled quickly across to the guest room that was quickly becoming something she thought of as his, slipping through the door with a rush of adrenaline coursing through her as she listened for any movement from her teacher's quarters.

After a few pounding heartbeats of waiting her features relaxed into a playful smile and she danced away to the bed, flopping back against it with a giggle, hair fanning out beneath her.

DragonSong

Mal's eyes flashed predatorily as he leaned back against the door and watched her for a moment. Then he was across the room, on the bed, wrapping his arms around her and flipping them over so she was in his lap as he half knelt, hitching her knee up over his hip and kissing her fiercely.

Juno

Penny gasped and giggled for the sudden movement but happily went along with him, snaking an arm around his neck to sink her fingers into the soft hair at the nape of his neck -which was quickly becoming a favorite spot of hers- and pressing close against him, chest to chest.

She brought her free hand up to cup his cheek with a particular tenderness, unhurried but tilting her head to deepen their kiss with a low hum of appreciation.

DragonSong

"Mmm..." Mal closed his eyes and tilted his head back into her touch, practically purring. He was really learning to love that particular touch.

His hands roamed up and down her back, clenching gently in the fabric of her clothes.

Juno

Penny chuckled quietly to herself, amused with how he seemed to be letting himself enjoy it for once. She pressed a trail of lazy kisses up his jaw and cheek, sighing happily as she inhaled his scent and continued the idle petting.

"I think I like being close with you too much," she confessed softly, smiling some and wriggling on his lap a little for the small thrill that raced up her back for the roaming hands over her clothes.

DragonSong

He growled quietly and nipped at her throat. "No such thing, precious," he chuckled, and promptly rolled them over so he perched above her, pinning her to the bed.