Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Strange Happenings [Glob] [M]

Started by DragonSong, February 04, 2016, 08:44:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DragonSong

"A- a what and a what?" She took the book and flipped through the the back, hoping to find a glossary.

Let me take over. I'm better at research and you know it.

Starbright thought about it for a moment, then nodded. "Midnight's going to switch with me," she told Vel by way or warning. "She's...better with focus. Doesn't get distracted as easily."

With that, she closed her eyes and fell back into her own subconscious, letting Midnight breeze by her to take the reins. Cracking her neck, the now dark haired girl glanced at the book in her hands and immediately started looking for any key words.

DaGlobster

"The two items you're looking for have pictures on the appropriate page. Everything's alphabetical, as well," Vel said, and he opened up the two other books, and started flipping through them simultaneously.

DragonSong

"Right." Midnight nodded briskly and flipped to "C" first, eyes skimming, searching... "Here." She turned the book around and tapped the page that bore an image labeled "clone mirror". "This what you're looking for?"

DaGlobster

Vel looked at the image. It depicted a tall mirror.

"Yes, that's the one. Save that page."

DragonSong

"Got it." She dog-eared the page and continued flipping through to "E". The entry for "essence pearl" wasn't too hard to find and she marked that page as well.

"Are these things supposed to work together?" she asked, just as curious as Starbright if with a blunter tone.

DaGlobster

"Well, there's nothing saying they don't work together," Vel said, and he gave Midnight a smile.

"I suppose you'll want the details of the procedure?"

DragonSong

"Yeah, I would," she said, crossing her legs and looking at him expectantly. "I don't wanna offend you or anything, but- we really don't know you. I'd like to have some idea of what's gonna happen here."

DaGlobster

Vel nodded.

"Well, the plan is to first enchant and use a clone mirror to create an exact body clone of either one of you two. Then, I will render the clone dormant. After that, I'll use some spells from the possession and necromancy books to seperate your souls. I will take the soul of whichever of you we made the body clone of, insert it into the essence pearl, and then use that essence pearl to transfer the soul to the body."

Vel snapped his fingers.

"And just like that, you're seperated."

DragonSong

Midnight blinked. Could it really be so- so simple? "That's...exceedingly clever," she murmured. Then her brow furrowed slightly. "Will it really work though?" she muttered, almost more to Starbright and herself than to him. "Only one will remain...is it so easy to work around a curse like that?"

DaGlobster

"The trick is that you were stuck together. There's nothing keeping you from seperating," Vel said. "

"Anything can be simple with the right application of magic."

DragonSong

"Yeah, about that." Midnight's brow furrowed. "If...there was a part of the spell- curse, whatever you want to call it. That dictated- predicted?- that eventually only one of us would remain..." She gestured between him and the book. "Will your magic stop that?"

DaGlobster

"I am not sure," Vel said. "It is one thing to undo a curse, but prophecy is a skill I do not have," Vel said. He reached across the table to hold her hand.

"If I had to go off my hunch... No."

DragonSong

Both girls let out a sharp breath, heart sinking. "Yeah," Midnight muttered, glancing away and frowning. "I guess that was too much to hope for."

Still, having their own bodies- it was too good an opportunity to pass up. She withdrew her hand- Starbright probably would have left it there, but the contact was making her twitchy- and shook her head.

"Alright. How do we get started?"

DaGlobster

"Well, we can't get started immediately," Vel said, noticing that Midnight retracted her hand with a slight frown.

"I need to create the clone mirror and the essence pearl. And prepare the spells. It'll take me the afternoon, at least," Vel said.

"You're both welcome to stay here to wait, though. I've got plenty of books to read!" Vel said.

DragonSong

"Oh." Midnight couldn't help the small frown that stole over her features, but she shook her head quickly to clear her expression. "Right, okay. Thanks." She tried for a smile- for some reason the gentle curving of her lips that came so easily to Starbright was harder for her.

DaGlobster

Vel smiled faintly at her as well.

"Perhaps the prophecy is about to be fulfilled? There's going to only be one of you in the body, after all."

DragonSong

She smiled a bit at his encouragement. "Yeah...maybe."

What can it hurt to hope?

For once, she found herself in agreement with her sister.

DaGlobster

When Vel saw that he got Midnight to smile, it perked him up a bit.

"It's going to be fine."

A few ticks.

"So, what are you two going to do once you're seperated? Travel together?"

DragonSong

Midnight blinked. "I don't...really know," she said after a moment, frowning slightly. "Probably. We don't really know anything else."

She could sense Starbright's dissatisfaction with that, but her sister didn't argue.

DaGlobster

"Well, you've proven able assistants. If you need a job, I'd be happy to provide one," Vel said, placing a hand on his chest.

"You're both such nice girls."