Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Sudden death! Clash of the shinobi, Ronin vs. Usagi [M]

Started by Medievarad, February 26, 2016, 02:30:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Medievarad

Sudden death! Is something I decided to keep me occupied during work when I got no posts to reply to. It's like a Death Battle between my characters to keep myself occupied. Without further ado, this is the first thread. One character dies here. Yet that doesn't mean they really die. I make only one post in this and edit it further.

Ronin versus Usagi, the exiled versus the child of shadows. Their backstory is actually intertwined and they would come to blows if they ever really met. Ronin is a bruiser and fights head-on, while Usagi relies on stealth and pressure points to destroy her target.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ronin sighed slowly as he trailed along the coast, hand idly resting on the hilt of his sword. His ears twitched and he turned around, clicking the sheath from his belt, sliding the katana out.

With a loud clang, he blocked the two incoming kama. Aiming to take his life. He arched an eyebrow and pushed his assailant away, bradnishing his katana.

Usagi flicked the kama back underneath her beige cloak. Her foe was blindfolded. She didn't know why. But he was blindfolded and followed his hearing and feeling. Switching weapons was key here.

Two throwing knifes slid from her sleeves. She took a deep breath and grinned underneath her mask.

Fight!

Usagi charged forward, adjusting her grip on the knives, taking one into reverse grip. With a flurry of attacks, she made her first move on Ronin, who was still expecting to be attacked by kama. A knife slid across his side, a trickle of blood running down. He grit his teeth and stepped back, dodging the flurry of blades. His ears twitched as he heard Usagi repositioning her pose, going for another set of attacks. He heard the sheen of another set of weaponry being unsheathed.

But this was his chance. He stepped forward and raised his blade. He felt resistance, but it wasn't her body, he sliced through the beige cloak before he felt a knife pushed between his ribs. He whinced in pain but grabbed the hand and turning around. He headbutted Usagi, shattering her nose and a piece of the mask.

She was knocked back. Ronin pulled her back by her hand once more, grabbing her throat and lifting her up, before smacking her down to the floor. With a pained groan, he pulled the knife from his side and threw it to the ground, whincing in pain.

Usagi scrambled through her feet. "Just die.." she murmured as a thick black fog gathered around her, seething in the shadows that surrounded her.

Ronin put a hand on his wound. "You.. Shizuka.. Usagi." Ronin grit his teeth as he bit out her name. Usagi's eyes narrowed as she pulled off the mask, fastening it on her hip. Her eyes emotionless, her voice cold. "Who are you?" There was no way he could know her. She never even gave her last name to anyone.

"The child of shadow.. You can't remember it." Ronin explained as his hands tightened on his blade. "If I bring your head.. They might forgive me." He stated as he stood up straight again. "I'll fight you with your own power." Ronin spat as he raised his fingers infront of his face, folding them. A shadow version of himself appearing next to him. Several blue, radiant swords appearing behind his back.