Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The Sacrificial Art [Goblin]

Started by Juno, March 01, 2016, 09:12:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Juno

Sulak relaxed quite easily again, happy that Sor wasn't cross with him.

"Me? Sing?" The boy gasped, biting her lip anxiously for a moment as he thought on what he could possibly sing that a Maoin might like. After all, he knew plenty of Sor's peers were excellent at holding a tune and it made him feel a little self-conscious.

The gentle combing through his hair soothed his nerves, though, and after a few moments of silence Sulak finally let a quiet song free, a soft little lullaby about the sea that was one of his favorites.

At the sound of his voice Tarj perked up again, pausing briefly in his work to eye the young pair warily before returning his attention to Siris with a soft smile. Having been so focused on his work he wasn't sure what had prompted his student to sing but he did enjoy the sound. His voice wasn't entirely developed yet, being so young, but it was pleasant and warm.

GoblinFae

"Only if you want to," Sor murmured softly. Despite what Sulak feared, Sor was not interested very much in the activities of his peers. Their Maoin abilities only served to upset him as his own were so much lesser in his mind. He was not talented or witty enough to keep up with the rest of them.

On the contrary, hearing Sulak sing was soothing to him and made him smile easily. He once more resumed combing his fingers through the boy's hair, loving the sound of his voice. The moment made Sor want to wrap his arms around Sulak and hug him close like a teddy bear. He was just too cute for words.

Siris too raised his head at the sound of Sulak's voice and chuckled. "It seems to me old friend that your apprentice is being wasted on the wrong profession. I think you should let me steal him away to become a Maoin instead of a second-rate artist. He's much better suited to wooing customers with that voice than here," he teased softly.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

"No Pride For Some of Us Without Liberation For All of Us"
~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships
Tirial Province (Serendipity)

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Guilds - Under Construction and Revamping
Blood of Ash || Cleara Verdad || The Creoptera || The Reaper's Chalice || The Runner's Society || Vigilant Shadows

Characters
Agapito Perlaceo Calogero-Marcello da Lume || Ainsley Muir || Alanna Mercer "The Lioness" || Amleah Dvorak || Ariel "Owlet" Sowa || Artorius Winterbottom || Aurora "Makani'kai" Wiater || Autumn Laurel || The Bad Barkers || Benjamin Hase || Cally Foster || Cornelia Grey || Dagrun Baarda || Derrick Elthif || Donovan Cabello || Eireann Lehr || Elmira Sassafrass || Emma Fiore || Emyr Kasabian || Ferra Bestley || Fintan Kfir || Gilroy Bleddyn || Hanalei Keets || Hilarius Winterbottom || Imogene Khale || Incana Winged Blaze || Inteus Wapapow || Iorwerth/Ylli || Ithel Conlaoch || Justina Allons || Jypsei Danzer || Kailee Glint || Kaliko || Keegan Phillips || Kendall Wendle || Kenneth Kent || Kesrel Torv || Kharn Segal || Kirsikka Solvi || Ladybird "Petal" Hornwort || Lassassasya Ashaugh Seocss || Logan "Kotori" || Lorcan Dempsey || Malakai || Margot Lemaire || Maverick Alinari || Morgan Loone || Naomi Kita || Navarre Esken || Ocarern Farwind || Oddmund Greatdrool || Oliver Cabello || Pannoowau || Peregrine Liebling || Primrose Dragoslav || Pyske Daas || Qaletaqa || Quilla Anobe || Rene Zephra || Riley "Minnow" Bellerose || Ro'or Dvorak || Rosie || Rowan Alvar || Rylan Silvanus || Segari "Errum" Ggorf || Shamira Kashi || Solanacae || Sor Avi || Squeaker || Starbright Skye ||  Tiraris Silverd'art || Tighearnán High Eoforwine || Theodore Archer || Tyler Brice || Una Ornell || Vanora Partholon || Waman Pertinacity Sewati || Weilen Brunbek || Wilbur "Wilby" Smalls || Yalwa al-Kahinah || Yasmine Fairchild || Yura Elek || Zhirai Ver || Zurna Nali
[close]

Juno

Sulak could have purred for Sor's gentle touches but he refrained to maintain his song. Instead he found himself gradually leaning back against the older boy, eyes closing to half-lids of contentment until he'd finished his lullaby.

"You're probably still better," he said with a sigh, smiling some and just enjoying how comfortable it was to be in Sor's presence, to have the Maoin giving him such attention. "Are you still working on it?"

Tarj laughed softly for Siris's teasing, knowing the boy probably could have done well training for either profession. "I think he's too shy for that, you'd probably terrify him. I'm surprised he's singing for him, really," he pointed out quietly, trying not to disturb the moment the boys seemed to be sharing. "He's private with it, I think he prefers showing off inks more."

GoblinFae

Sor gave up in braiding as he finished his last one and tied it off. Instead as Sulak finally settled back against him fully he took to lightly scratching and massaging the boy's scalp. "Don't put yourself down, Sulak. You have a lovely voice. Thank you for sharing it."

"Sor has that affect on people. He makes the shyest person want to please him without even trying. The worst is he does not even realize it and if he did he'd be so embarrassed. He truly is a treasure among us Maoin. I can't wait to see him all grown up and full of confidence." Siris spoke with pride over his young apprentice. Sor was as close as a son as the man would ever had and he certainly spoiled and raised him as if he was. "Sulak will be a good influence for him. Your boy is quite precious himself."
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Blood of Ash || Cleara Verdad || The Creoptera || The Reaper's Chalice || The Runner's Society || Vigilant Shadows

Characters
Agapito Perlaceo Calogero-Marcello da Lume || Ainsley Muir || Alanna Mercer "The Lioness" || Amleah Dvorak || Ariel "Owlet" Sowa || Artorius Winterbottom || Aurora "Makani'kai" Wiater || Autumn Laurel || The Bad Barkers || Benjamin Hase || Cally Foster || Cornelia Grey || Dagrun Baarda || Derrick Elthif || Donovan Cabello || Eireann Lehr || Elmira Sassafrass || Emma Fiore || Emyr Kasabian || Ferra Bestley || Fintan Kfir || Gilroy Bleddyn || Hanalei Keets || Hilarius Winterbottom || Imogene Khale || Incana Winged Blaze || Inteus Wapapow || Iorwerth/Ylli || Ithel Conlaoch || Justina Allons || Jypsei Danzer || Kailee Glint || Kaliko || Keegan Phillips || Kendall Wendle || Kenneth Kent || Kesrel Torv || Kharn Segal || Kirsikka Solvi || Ladybird "Petal" Hornwort || Lassassasya Ashaugh Seocss || Logan "Kotori" || Lorcan Dempsey || Malakai || Margot Lemaire || Maverick Alinari || Morgan Loone || Naomi Kita || Navarre Esken || Ocarern Farwind || Oddmund Greatdrool || Oliver Cabello || Pannoowau || Peregrine Liebling || Primrose Dragoslav || Pyske Daas || Qaletaqa || Quilla Anobe || Rene Zephra || Riley "Minnow" Bellerose || Ro'or Dvorak || Rosie || Rowan Alvar || Rylan Silvanus || Segari "Errum" Ggorf || Shamira Kashi || Solanacae || Sor Avi || Squeaker || Starbright Skye ||  Tiraris Silverd'art || Tighearnán High Eoforwine || Theodore Archer || Tyler Brice || Una Ornell || Vanora Partholon || Waman Pertinacity Sewati || Weilen Brunbek || Wilbur "Wilby" Smalls || Yalwa al-Kahinah || Yasmine Fairchild || Yura Elek || Zhirai Ver || Zurna Nali
[close]

Juno

Sulak blushed some for the additional attention, completely surprised that Sor seemed comfortable by their sudden closeness. He'd expected to be pushed off for getting too close but with the older boy allowing their moment of closeness he took full advantage and made himself comfortable against him like they were old friends and such touching was normal.

"You're welcome. Thank you for your help. I know it looks nice even without seeing it," he praised softly, giggling to himself as he wondered what so much braiding must look like with his mane of hair. He would be able to see soon enough but he didn't want to get up and break their moment just yet.

"He might even outshine you someday, friend," Tarj teased, smirking as he glanced up with a playful glint in his eye before sobering to a warm smile that was filled with adoration he couldn't exactly share. "You've raised him well. He'll be a special one once he's blossomed, I'm sure."

GoblinFae

"You haven't seen it though," the older boy chuckled. "Wait to declare that until after you've seen it. For all you know, I've made you look like you have a head full of tiny snakes." Sor reached down to tickle Sulak's sides for a moment before hugging the younger boy close. "Thank you all the same though."

"I hope he does," Siris murmured in a moment of seriousness. "If only to find that piece of happiness we all are searching for."
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Juno

Sulak gasped, eyes bugging slightly at the idea of being given such a hairdo. He squirmed and laughed for the tickling, though, but settled back against Sor like it was second nature once he relented.

"You wouldn't do that! It was so pretty last time," he pointed out, reaching to idly touch the remaining ties. "Do you want me to try with yours?"

GoblinFae

"It was just a simple braid before, Sulak. Nothing all that special. You think too highly of me." Sor let him go though with a pat on the back once he was up. "If that's what you want. You don't have to though. You've already done so much for me between my hands and my ears. Why don't you go take a look at your hair and if you don't like it then I'll do something else, how's that?"
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Juno

Sulak cocked his head slightly, uncertain why Sor seemed to have so little self-confidence. It was becoming more apparent to him the more time they spent together. "No, it's what friends do," the boy pointed out. "I'm not that good at it anyway. You are."

At his prompting Sulak bounced to his feet, hurrying to go look at himself in their mirror. The intricacy of Sor's braiding took his breath away and for a few moments he just stared at it, turning this way and that in a moment of vanity and releasing a small squeal of excitement.

"It's perfect!" he finally announced, hurrying back out to sit with him as he petted along one of the braids. "So light and pretty. I love it!"

GoblinFae

Sor stared at the boy in surprise. He had not realized that they were friends and his heart skipped a bit in excitement at the realization. When Sulak returned he reached out to ruffle the boy's hair, enjoying the feel of the braids and loose strands running like silk through his fingers. "Well thank you. I'm glad you like it. You have such pretty hair, very soft and easy to work with. Not everyone is as lucky as you. My hair doesn't usually behave as nicely as yours. Do you still want to braid it then?"
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Juno

He nodded eagerly, studying Sor's hair curiously. He didn't see what he meant about it being unruly; he thought his hair was quite beautiful, especially with his eyes.

"Yeah, as long as you don't mind me doing it. I probably can't be as gentle as you," he pointed out, settling on his legs and reaching to take up his brush to offer, "Would you like me to brush it first?"

GoblinFae

"I'm sure it'll be fine," Sor sighed, closing his eyes in expectation of Sulak beginning right away. When he did not though, he peeked an eye open to look at the young boy. "It's entirely up to you Sulak. Do whatever you like. You have complete freedom right now. All I ask is that you don't intentionally yank it out or cut it off." He closed his eyes once more, tense with anticipation for what Sulak would do. He was literally putting his hair's safety in the other boy's hands.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Juno

Sor's trust in him was unexpected but greatly appreciated and the younger boy smiled warmly as he reached out to carefully take a handful of his white hair and gently brush it out until it was soft like feathers. He did that for sections of his hair until it was all smoothed out before setting the brush aside.

Very carefully he pooled all of Sor's hair over one shoulder and started pulling one large, loose braid together just below chin length. A few wisps escaped that he had trouble wrangling but he focused on making the main braid even so it wouldn't pull on the Maoin's scalp. "Doesn't hurt, right?" he asked softly.

GoblinFae

Sulak's gentle care sent pleasurable tingles up and down Sor's spine. He was quickly discovering that he loved having someone play with his hair. It was quite possible, although he was unwilling to reflect on it, that it was Sulak who made it so enjoyable and not the actual hair-play itself. "Not at all," he mumbled contently, a faint smile reflect on his face. "You've been amazingly careful. Thank you."
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Juno

Sulak blushed slightly for the compliment, a happy grin lighting him up as he gently worked his way down the strands of hair before tying off the braid at the ends, securing it with the tiniest of bows as his only mark of style.

Leaning back to sit on his legs the young artist studied his work with pride, reaching out to make a small adjustment and brushing a stray strand back away from Sor's face and tucking it behind his ear. "You look nice. Your face looks better when your hair isn't in the way," he pointed out with a soft giggle.

GoblinFae

"You think so?" he asked softly, blushing darkly and feeling the heat spreading from his ears all the way down to his chest. "Would you like me to do something else with your hair? I can maybe make a different hairstyle if you'd prefer something more exciting." Sor felt incredibly self-conscious and unsure of himself in that moment. He did not know what to do now that Sulak had finished and hoped that if he offered something he knew Sulak liked then he could escape the awkward horror of just sitting there with nothing to say or do.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Juno

Sulak shook his head vehemently, smiling some as he felt the braids swaying gently with the motion. "I like what you did! It's pretty and soft."

The younger boy studied Sor curiously for a few moments, sensing his unease. "Are you performing soon? Do you want me to paint you?" he offered, casting a glance towards where Tarj was working on Siris, the baskets beside the table containing plenty of colorful body paints in addition to their inks.

GoblinFae

Sor's eyes widened in surprise at the suggestion. "Paint me?" he repeated, skeptically, his eyes darting to look over to where Siris and Tarj were working. "Like what Master Tarj is doing to Master Siris? I'm not sure I'm ready for that. I've been told it's very, very painful." Sor gulped down her nervousness as he unconsciously began to pet his new braid with both hands in order to self-soothe himself.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Juno

Sulak hesitated for a moment, head whipping from side to side just looking between the older pair and the boy until he understood he'd meant the tattoo. "Oh! No, no, I don't think I have enough practice yet anyway. Just, um- Paint. On your skin. Over your skin, not in it," he offered in explanation. "There's lots of pretty colors!"

GoblinFae

"Oh," Sor replied, feeling incredibly stupid for not knowing that was a possibility. "But won't we get in trouble? Are the paints meant for that even?" He looked apprehensively again towards the older men as another more pressing thought began to worry him further. "How much will it cost? I don't have a lot of spending money yet and," he flushed in embarrassment, tugging on his braid sharply. "I don't want to make Master Siris pay for it all."
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Tags: