Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The Sacrificial Art [Goblin]

Started by Juno, March 01, 2016, 09:12:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Juno

Sulak nodded eagerly at his question. He was so curious, after all, and he could only assume Sor was just underestimating and underselling his own talents even if he didn't realize it. His suggestion was surprising, though, and the boy's eyes widened considerably as he contemplated it, glancing at the elder pair across the room.

"Would he want to? He's being all...poked right now," he reminded him, frowning slightly at the idea of imposing on Siris so soon after he'd had work done on him.

"But yes!" he hurried to agree, smiling slightly and going along with his joking in a much less convincing tone, giggling all the way and trying not to mess up the paint too much as he added more detail. "You must pay me that way, I demand it."

GoblinFae

"Well not right now, right now," Sor hurried to say. He had hoped that Sulak would not take Siris's current predicament into consideration as he was wishing against all hope that Siris would be too tired and sore to want to hop and skip around even for his dearest friend, Tarj. "But we'll see if he's able. You can always ask him. I know he won't be upset. But, if not today then I will definitely pay you back Sulak. Mostly depends on Siris though and how he's feeling."
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

"No Pride For Some of Us Without Liberation For All of Us"
~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships
Tirial Province (Serendipity)

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Guilds - Under Construction and Revamping
Blood of Ash || Cleara Verdad || The Creoptera || The Reaper's Chalice || The Runner's Society || Vigilant Shadows

Characters
Agapito Perlaceo Calogero-Marcello da Lume || Ainsley Muir || Alanna Mercer "The Lioness" || Amleah Dvorak || Ariel "Owlet" Sowa || Artorius Winterbottom || Aurora "Makani'kai" Wiater || Autumn Laurel || The Bad Barkers || Benjamin Hase || Cally Foster || Cornelia Grey || Dagrun Baarda || Derrick Elthif || Donovan Cabello || Eireann Lehr || Elmira Sassafrass || Emma Fiore || Emyr Kasabian || Ferra Bestley || Fintan Kfir || Gilroy Bleddyn || Hanalei Keets || Hilarius Winterbottom || Imogene Khale || Incana Winged Blaze || Inteus Wapapow || Iorwerth/Ylli || Ithel Conlaoch || Justina Allons || Jypsei Danzer || Kailee Glint || Kaliko || Keegan Phillips || Kendall Wendle || Kenneth Kent || Kesrel Torv || Kharn Segal || Kirsikka Solvi || Ladybird "Petal" Hornwort || Lassassasya Ashaugh Seocss || Logan "Kotori" || Lorcan Dempsey || Malakai || Margot Lemaire || Maverick Alinari || Morgan Loone || Naomi Kita || Navarre Esken || Ocarern Farwind || Oddmund Greatdrool || Oliver Cabello || Pannoowau || Peregrine Liebling || Primrose Dragoslav || Pyske Daas || Qaletaqa || Quilla Anobe || Rene Zephra || Riley "Minnow" Bellerose || Ro'or Dvorak || Rosie || Rowan Alvar || Rylan Silvanus || Segari "Errum" Ggorf || Shamira Kashi || Solanacae || Sor Avi || Squeaker || Starbright Skye ||  Tiraris Silverd'art || Tighearnán High Eoforwine || Theodore Archer || Tyler Brice || Una Ornell || Vanora Partholon || Waman Pertinacity Sewati || Weilen Brunbek || Wilbur "Wilby" Smalls || Yalwa al-Kahinah || Yasmine Fairchild || Yura Elek || Zhirai Ver || Zurna Nali
[close]

Juno

Sulak frowned a bit at Sor's explanation, a little disappointed that if he would really need to wait and if Sor might not perform on his own for him he would likely end up doing so without temporary art upon his body.

"You really need him?" he wondered, worrying his lip a bit at the idea of being made to wait as he cast a curious look at Siris. He wasn't too sure about Maoin customs yet and was uncertain if that was customary for young apprentices or if Sor simply feared performing alone, even privately.

"I guess that's okay," he decided, sighing but trying to contain his disappointment otherwise. "At least this paint might last longer for you." The boy grinned as he added a bit more detail along Sor's shoulders, trying his best not to tickle him even though he only needed very light pressure on the brush this time. "I think this side is done... Can I do something on your back, too? Or would it be too much?"

GoblinFae

Sor sighed in relief that Sulak was not pursuing the matter too heavily. The change of topic was quite helpful as well, causing the older boy to smile genuinely. "You can paint wherever you wish, Sulak if it will help you. Is the paint on my front dry yet or should I still be concerned about bending forward and smudging it? I would hate to ruin your newest masterpiece so soon after you creating it."
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Blood of Ash || Cleara Verdad || The Creoptera || The Reaper's Chalice || The Runner's Society || Vigilant Shadows

Characters
Agapito Perlaceo Calogero-Marcello da Lume || Ainsley Muir || Alanna Mercer "The Lioness" || Amleah Dvorak || Ariel "Owlet" Sowa || Artorius Winterbottom || Aurora "Makani'kai" Wiater || Autumn Laurel || The Bad Barkers || Benjamin Hase || Cally Foster || Cornelia Grey || Dagrun Baarda || Derrick Elthif || Donovan Cabello || Eireann Lehr || Elmira Sassafrass || Emma Fiore || Emyr Kasabian || Ferra Bestley || Fintan Kfir || Gilroy Bleddyn || Hanalei Keets || Hilarius Winterbottom || Imogene Khale || Incana Winged Blaze || Inteus Wapapow || Iorwerth/Ylli || Ithel Conlaoch || Justina Allons || Jypsei Danzer || Kailee Glint || Kaliko || Keegan Phillips || Kendall Wendle || Kenneth Kent || Kesrel Torv || Kharn Segal || Kirsikka Solvi || Ladybird "Petal" Hornwort || Lassassasya Ashaugh Seocss || Logan "Kotori" || Lorcan Dempsey || Malakai || Margot Lemaire || Maverick Alinari || Morgan Loone || Naomi Kita || Navarre Esken || Ocarern Farwind || Oddmund Greatdrool || Oliver Cabello || Pannoowau || Peregrine Liebling || Primrose Dragoslav || Pyske Daas || Qaletaqa || Quilla Anobe || Rene Zephra || Riley "Minnow" Bellerose || Ro'or Dvorak || Rosie || Rowan Alvar || Rylan Silvanus || Segari "Errum" Ggorf || Shamira Kashi || Solanacae || Sor Avi || Squeaker || Starbright Skye ||  Tiraris Silverd'art || Tighearnán High Eoforwine || Theodore Archer || Tyler Brice || Una Ornell || Vanora Partholon || Waman Pertinacity Sewati || Weilen Brunbek || Wilbur "Wilby" Smalls || Yalwa al-Kahinah || Yasmine Fairchild || Yura Elek || Zhirai Ver || Zurna Nali
[close]

Juno

The younger boy paused, cheeks flushing a colorful shade of red at his work being called a "masterpiece." Whether Sor truly meant it or not it was still a high honor and he was not going to brush it off.

Sulak bowed his head briefly, humming appreciatively as he shuffled around to sit behind the Maoin boy instead. He pressed lightly at his shoulder with his free hand, fingertips trailing along his back as he mentally mapped out what he wanted to do.

"You can relax. Just be careful with your face, don't rub it or anything," he instructed gently. Distractedly, he dipped more paint onto his brush before resuming his work of adding splashes of blue to Sor's skin. "Not tickling again, am I?"

GoblinFae

The older boy hummed softly at the gentle touch, finding that he actually enjoyed Sulak's hand on his shoulder and back. "I will do my utmost best then to not mar your hard work, Sulak," Sor replied softly, a faint smile unknowingly tugging at his lips. "No, no," he continued gently, "it doesn't tickle at all now. I believe you're getting the hang of it."

Pausing for a moment he just allowed the feel of the brush on his skin to lull him into a very calm state of mind. If this was anything like what Siris experienced with Tarj when he got his tattoos then Sor could actually understand why he went through it so often. At least for the boy though, he would not have to suffer the pain his master did to find such peace.

"May I ask what you're drawing? Or is it a surprise?"
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Juno

Sulak's eyes widened in a moment of surprise, doubting the clarity of his earlier words for Sor's question. He sheepishly pulled the brush away from his skin for a moment to switch colors.

"Sorry, I didn't mean for it to be a mystery. Guess I didn't explain myself well earlier," he apologized, a nervous half-smile reaching his lips. "I'm making waves. Um, drawing water I guess. Needs lots of blue. Would you rather have something else? It's not too late, I can change it! It really wouldn't be any trouble."

GoblinFae

"Oh," Sor stated dumbly, wishing that he could slap himself in the face. He would have too if he had not just promised not to smudge Sulak's hard work. "No, no it's my fault. You did say that and I forgot." Sor hung his head in embarrassment. "My mind just wandered. The painting is very soothing," he admitted quietly.

"Please continue though. There's no reason for you to stop or change. I was the one being so grossly rude. I should have paid better attention to you. I'm sorry, Sulak."
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Juno

Sulak smiled privately, blushing slightly for his work being called "soothing." It was a great relief, if the Maoin was being honest with him, and also something he could really take pride in knowing.

"You've done nothing wrong, but I forgive you if it puts your mind at ease. Can I ask what you were thinking about, though?" he wondered aloud, eyeing him curiously as he continued his work with careful but deliberate strokes.

GoblinFae

Sor pursed his lips together tightly, a slight squeak escaping them as he sucked in air through them. "You'll think me silly and simple if I told you. They're not really the thoughts of a Maoin-in-training." The boy attempted to shrug but remembered at the last minute he was meant to be still for Sulak, so simply tensed his body instead.

"I like it when you paint on me." Sor winced, not liking how the phrase sounded even to his ears. "It feels good, uh nice?" He groaned and shook his head faintly. "I've never been good with words," he grumbled under his breath, feeling even more embarrassed.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Juno

The boy chuckled softly, amused at how someone who seemed so poised to him was suddenly fumbling. It made him wonder how much of what he'd seen of Maoin before was just good acting.

"Those words are fine," he tried to assure him. "Nothing bad about it. Not silly, and I appreciate your honesty, but- Is it bad to like being painted?" Sulak cocked his head slightly in thought, glancing towards their mentors on the other side of the room. Body paint had never seemed unusual before with them or with other Maoin.

GoblinFae

"No?" Sor tried, his heart racing within his small chest. He could not explain to himself let alone Sulak why the painting session felt so forbidden to him. Sulak was right though it really was just a natural thing for their people. Maoin were pure art embodied in human form. Painting was just another form of making them stand out as the living statues of society.

"Nevermind me. I don't know what I'm saying. I think your painting has melted my brain," he joked instead with a wink and a gentle nudge at the other boy. "Have you been painted before?"
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Juno

Sulak blushed lightly for the nudge, not really understanding why Sor's gradually increasing openness and playfulness with him was affecting him so much. "Just a bit here and there," he mumbled bashfully. "Nothing like this, just smaller things sometimes with Tarj. Mostly on my face or shoulder," he clarified.

Finished with the base of his painting work the boy moved on to lighter greens and white to blend with and refine the look of water he was going for. "I think I like being the painter more," he admitted softly. "But I guess I have a long way to go to make it more...comfortable. Melting is no good- Is this any better? Or tickling?" The silver-haired boy lifted his head, eyeing Sor with genuine self-consciousness and concern over his comfort.

GoblinFae

"Well you're a good painter," Sor commented softly. "And no you misunderstand me. It's not uncomfortable. Quite the opposite," he hurried to reassure, reaching out to touch Sulak's arm soothingly. "Good melting feeling, like chocolate on your tongue. You know?" He tried to smile at the other boy but found it difficult to concentrate over the distracting beat of his war-drum heart.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Juno

"Oh!" Sulak nodded eagerly, understanding his meaning all too well when explained through food. It still didn't explain why Sor's smile left his chest feeling heavy, but the boy was happy that his work wasn't unpleasant for him anymore.

"You have good skin for painting," Sulak tried to explain, his cheeks flushed slightly as he held his brush away and ran his fingertips along the back of Sor's still unpainted neck, relishing in the soft feeling of hair and clean skin against his hand. "Doesn't crack it."

GoblinFae

Sor shivered, every hair standing on end as his body prickled with gooseflesh. Sulak's touch sent tingles racing up and down his spine and sparks bouncing around his brain. He never wanted the other boy to stop. "I'm glad then that it pleases you so," he murmured softly, his voice low and soft as if to speak any louder would steal his last breaths away.

"It still may crack though when I dance for you," he added, feeling more confident as a warmth spread through his entire body originating where Sulak's touch still connected them. "I suppose you'll just have to repaint it again after then. Not a horrible fate." He smiled faintly.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Juno

The boy thought nothing of the soft turn in his friend's voice, completely content in his work to know that he wasn't causing any discomfort. At the mention of dancing, though, Sulak's eyes lit up as his mouth fell open in a short, excited gasp before a wide grin overtook him.

"You really will?! I don't mind repainting. If you wanted to keep wearing it, I mean," he agreed, blushing slightly at the idea of getting such a privilege and honor with the beautiful Maoin.

With renewed excitement he hurried to dab more paint to his brush and continue the final touches against the older boy's shoulders and neck. With his free hand he gently brushed his hair aside so it wouldn't touch the wet paint and lightly flapped his hand over him to help it dry faster.

Tags: