Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Pirates of the Hivanibbean (open)

Started by Arocraes, March 02, 2016, 03:56:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arocraes

Faelis' words reassured Arocraes a little bit. He noticed him getting angrier at the thought of the scene Arocraes described, and grew to admire the man even more.

"What do you mean?" Arocraes asked Faelis as his rage grew. He wanted to reach out to the man and help him, perhaps comfort him. He grew fond of Faelis and felt quite similar to him, but he also understood that he was far more skilled than himself, and ran looking for a ladder to head up to the deck without waiting for a reply. "I'm sure he'll be fine" Arocraes whispered to himself, not knowing what Faelis would do next.

When Arocraes reached the deck, fighting continued as The Daughters began to have more trouble against the sailors than before. He did not want to aid either side, so he reached for higher ground to see if there were any nearby islands or ships that he could escape to for the time being. While searching for a way to access a highpoint on the ship, he noticed a fallen sailor carrying a spyglass. Arocraes picked it up and began frantically searching for anything in the distance, when he noticed a white haired girl on board a grey ship.

JackieCat

Once Arocrawes left, Faelis was able to let go.  With no people around, there wasn't much he could do, or he could harm.

His rage completely blinded him, and a deadly calm fell over him as he stood there, the real Faelis almost completely gone.  He spun around, and there were four thuds in rapid succession.  His daggers were stuck in the opposite wall.

There was enough of Faleis left to stop himself from going above decks, so instead he stood in the hallway, his dangers studding the walls around him, until his anger ebbed away.  When Faelis had regained himself, he looked around, glad that the walls were the only things he had harmed.  Sure that he could be trusted with his own weapons, he pulled them from the wall.

He climbed up the ladder to see the battle still in full swing, and to see Arocraes looking through a spyglass out to sea.  He walked over to the young man.  He would have to tell him what happened later, but for now he stepped up next to Arocraes.

"I didn't tell you about the ship," the elf said. "But I'm sure they're up to no good."

Then one of the pirates attacked.  Faelis blocked her blow, but she was skilled, and they traded blows, until they were separated by the battle.  Faelis decided to fight the pirates.  He didn't know which sailors had betrayed their captain, so he decided fighting the pirates would be a good place to start.
My Open Threads!
None currently, but if you want to thread, don't hesitate to PM me!

My Characters!
Kirl Moonharber---Lorin--- The Feari --- Akhe---Kilarhas---Naarilash---Kinn---Jiminie---Faelis---Karishk---Cirick---Sieera---Kornos--- Ariznim--- Dergan---Meerior---Zier'ik'shalsalimigarizdeniime---Keyne---Seridin---Elliot---Healin---Warn Danish---Revvil---Kashka---Ishka---Nox---Skiffiles---Jlyyth---
Flordia
---Larcan---Kannae---Anton

For summaries of my characters, JackieCat's Characters!

Some people live more in twenty years than others do in eighty.  It's not the time that matters, it's the person.
~The Doctor

Arocraes

Arocraes tucked the spyglass into one of his pockets. He watched Faelis take on several pirates as a messy battle ensued between three groups. They want to secure the ship before taking the orb Arocraes deduced perhaps mishandling could lead to its activation and the death of us all. Arocares headed for the Captain's cabin. The crate left behind by the sailors must contain the orb, though the Captain did not explicitly say it it seemed like he wanted to make it obvious.

Arocraes weaved in between strikes, blessed by his mobility and agility. He forced the door to the cabin open by producing a blunt force wind, where three sailors were guarding the crate. He dashed straight forward and sliced the one furthest to the left along the belly. With insufficient armor to protect him, his guts spilled to the floor. The other two sailors attacked Arocraes immediately thereafter, where he blocked each strike with his left arm and, in one motion, spun around and cut each of their necks. Arocraes then broke open the crate, revealing a scarlet red orb the size of an average person's head that pulsed every second. Arocraes produced a pocket of wind to surround the orb to serve as a buffer should it fall.

He took it in his left arm with his katana still wielded in his right, walking slowly out the door he came from, knowing that everyone would turn their attention to the orb. Sarian stopped in his attacks as he ordered his men to continue fighting, as the women leading the daughters did the same. Sarian and the woman disengaged and approached Arocraes. He was hoping the nearby ship would begin to draw close to him so he could escape with the orb.

"Hand that over, you idiot" Sarian barked. Arocraes grinned as his eyes searched for Faelis. He knew he was practically invulnerable while carrying the orb, as no one would want to cause a cataclysmic event. "You're the boy who was accompanying Faelis, weren't you?" the woman asked in a far more gentle tone than before. "My name is Danica Silverspoon, head of The Daughters and Captain of the Eden" she said referring to her ship. "What you're holding can be very dangerous if fallen into the wrong hands so please, hand it over" she continued, now standing about 20 meters away from Sarian. "That brute Sarian would want to kill us all to unlock its power."

Arocraes stood still thinking carefully of what to say. "Or I could just use this to kill you all and be done with this" Arocraes said boldly. He had no idea how to work the orb, and they probably knew that too, but he had to appear confident for the time being as he had the upper hand.

JackieCat

Faelis continue to fight, even when he saw Arocraes go into the captain's cabin.  The elf could see the other ship getting slightly nearer, but he assumed that they would wait for the battle to be over before they came.  They were probably more pirates, waiting for a battle to end before coming in and taking whatever was left behind.

However, when he came out, the orb under his arm, Faelis made his way towards him.  He was nearly there when the Lord and the pirate captain reached Arocraes and started to speak with him.

Faelis came up behind Arocraes, but said nothing, waiting to see what would happen.  When Captain Danica saw him, she smiled.  "Ah, Faelis," she said.  "It's been too long.  You know me, so why don't you just tell the Boy to hand over the orb."

Faelis chuckled.  "Not likely, my dear.  I'm not on your side of this battle, I'm afraid."

"Faelis, you know that my pirates will win this battle," Danica said. "Just join me now, wasn't it fun last time?  Don't let the orb fall into the hands of this bufoon." She motioned to Lord Sarian.

"Don't worry, I won't," Faelis said.  "But you won't get it either.  If you did, no good would come of it."
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Kirl Moonharber---Lorin--- The Feari --- Akhe---Kilarhas---Naarilash---Kinn---Jiminie---Faelis---Karishk---Cirick---Sieera---Kornos--- Ariznim--- Dergan---Meerior---Zier'ik'shalsalimigarizdeniime---Keyne---Seridin---Elliot---Healin---Warn Danish---Revvil---Kashka---Ishka---Nox---Skiffiles---Jlyyth---
Flordia

Some people live more in twenty years than others do in eighty.  It's not the time that matters, it's the person.
~The Doctor

Codex

As the Seraph's Requiem slowly drifted closer to the two boats, Mythica knew now that they had most likely been noticed... But that was alright. She didn't need any amount of stealth to acheive her goal... Unlike she had been using before. She found it odd that the Daughter's flagship, one she could only assume was known as the "Eden" had no idea the Seraph was tailing them for many days. Although, her ship was completely concealed by a vast cloud of fog until now, so her Leviathan magic came in handy.

She let go of the ship's wheel, and leaned against the railing. Mythica quickly took a spyglass from her first mate, and used it to observe the scene. The fighting had momentarily stopped, and it seemed the pirates were speaking to the sailors. One sailor in particular caught her eye... As he was holding a scarlet red object. She smirked knowing exactly what it was.

"If they don't know who I am, then they don't know what I'm here for." Mythica said with a sneer to the pirate standing next to her. "Although, I'm sure Danica remembers the Seraph... And me..." She said quietly before putting the spyglass down. "Nice to see you again old friend." she whispered under her breath. "But I'm afraid that orb doesn't belong in the reaches of man.."

Arocraes

Danica snarled at Faelis' response. "Enough" Sarian said, "hand it over." Arocraes knew, however, they still would not try and take it with force. They couldn't stay there forever, especially since the ship was damaged from cannonball shots. They had to escape and try to reach the foreign ship lurkin nearby, wherever it may be. Had Arocraes known how to use the orb, they'd might be able to escape but they were surrounded and had to improvise.

"I hope you know how to swim" Arocraes said to Faelis with a smirk. He sent a wind blast in the direction of the pirate captain, and set off for the edge of ship, ducking and diving underneath sailors and pirates attempting to carefully grab him. He jumped off the ledge of the ship expecting Faelis to be trailing and created an air pocket the moment before he landed in the water, generating a small air bubble that would give both men enough air for about an hour. Arocraes' goal was to swim underwater and undetected until they were relatively far from the ship, hoping to be picked up by the nearby grey vessel.

JackieCat

Faelis was not quite sure what Arocraes meant, but he found himself trusting the young man.  The elf darted after Arocraes, dodging the blades of those trying to stop him and leaping over the rail.  But rather than landing in the water, he found himself in a bubble of air.  He smiled at Arocraes.  Wind magic, or something of a similar type.

"We should go to the other ship," he said. "But they are probably also pirates, and will probably either kill us or take the orb, most likely both."
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

Arocraes

Arocraes nodded his head in agreement as they moved using the air bubble, difficult as it was to maneuver. He was unable to see through the surface of the water and was not sure if he was heading in the right direction, however if the vessel truly did contain pirates after the orb they would have no trouble finding him.

"Say Faelis" Arocraes began to talk, "what was that back there, when you told me to stay away from you? What happened?" It might've been too personal to talk about, so Arocraes was prepared if Faelis did not want to say anything.

JackieCat

Faelis grimaced when Arocraes asked, but he would answer.

"I don't really know what makes it happen," the thief said. "But if I'm in a stressful situation, sometimes I get angry, but not normal angry, uncontrollable, sadistic, deadly." He shook his head. "It doesn't always happen, most of the time it doesn't, but when it does, it's mostly when I'm stressed, but sometimes," Faelis nearly shuddered, "Sometimes it happens randomly.  Whenever it happens, I can't control it, or control myself." He forced a smile that was more of a grimace. "It's rather terrifying."
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

Arocraes

Arocraes listened intently and did not know how to reply. He didn't seem like a man that would appreciate cold and empty words thrown at him at an attempt to be reassuring, or a faux attempt at being empathetic when Arocraes never felt the situation he has. Instead, Arocraes responded with saying "That sucks." He did not want to pry anymore, as he could feel that it was an uncomfortable subject for him to talk about.

The air inside the bubble was beginning to thin, however they traveled far enough to be easily seen if they swim above the surface of the water. Arocraes motioned Faelis to move with the bubble upwards until reaching the surface, still carrying the artifact in his left arm. When nearing the surface, Arocraes hoisted the orb up first, fearing his ignorance would cause something drastic to happen. As the rest of his body followed suit, he was able to analyze his surroundings. Around him a light fog was beginning to develop, reducing the visibility in their immediate radius. "Where should we head now?" Arocraes asked Faelis, not sure what their plan was now.

Codex

A few moments after the two surfaced, a large silhouette of a ship appeared in the distance of the fog. Mythica stood at the stern of the ship as her crew awaited anxiously for the bright object's holders to come into view. When they did, a few men at the bow of the large boat shouted to the captain, and let down some rope for the two.

If they took time to observe the boat, they would find it's hull a mixture of grey and a naval blue. While its sails bore a much darker shade of the grey colour that sported its hull. Above them flapped a large, tattered black flag. An image depicting a single music note made entirely out of skeletal bones. Slowly moving in the faint breeze... This was the Seraph's Requiem. Captain Soulscar's ship.

"Get up you two!" One of the bigger pirates yelled. "The captain wishes to speak to you!" A few others chuckled as the bigger, more muscular pirate said this. He also had a devilish grin on his face.

Arocraes

Arocraes sighed as the pirate beckoned them to climb on board. They had known the ship had a strong possibility of being another pirate ship, but Arocraes was still disappointed. I hope it doesn't get to the point where we'd have to kill them all Arocraes thought to himself, tired and bored of all the bloodshed and fully confident in both his and Faelis' abilities.

He complied with the pirate's request, bringing the orb with him. Once on the ship, he was thoroughly impressed. The crew seemed more organized and happy than the one serving Duval, as if Duval and Sarian forced their sailors to go with a plan they did not agree with. The ship was slightly larger, and the pirates appeared to be more capable of fighting and looked more intimidating than the other group he encountered. "Some tea would be nice. Oh and some cakes, I hear pirate hospitality is truly one of a kind" Arocraes blurted out jokingly, waiting for this Captain to make their appearance.

JackieCat

Faelis sighed.  A pirate ship indeed. Ah well.

He climbed after Arocraes, and found the same thing the young man had,that this crew seemed much more organized than the last.

"We'd better get out of here," the elf sighed to the nearest pirate.  "The other pirates will be here soon, and they won't take kindly to this."
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

Codex

"Cut the chatter, and follow me!" The bigger pirate said, ignoring their soaking clothes. The air had gotten significantly colder in the unusual fog, but none of the men seemed to care. Even though many of them weren't wearing shirts or sleeves. He lead them across the deck of the large boat to a large double door leading into the deck underneath the sheep's wheel.

"Captain want's to speak to ye two alone. With yer treasure..." He said eyeing it. "Word of advice... Keep your guard up hehehe!" He said laughing, a few others chuckled with him. "Aight then, in you go!" He yelled, opening the doors.

Inside it looked like the captain's cabin. Across from the doors lied a large desk, strewn about with various pieces of parchment, candles and ink wells. Behind the large desk was an even larger chair, seeming like whoever sat in it was one to match it's size. However it was empty. As the door closed, a young white haired girl turned her head from the window, and gave the two a wide grin. She wore a blue trench coat, a blue feathered hat, and bore a long silver cutlass on her hip.

"Ah then, you're the one's who jumped ship are you not?" She asked, already knowing the answer.

Arocraes

Arocraes burst out laughing. Though it was very unwise--and dangerous--of him to underestimate the captain, he did not expect the white haired girl he saw through his spyglass to be a captain. She's nothing like Duval or Danica he thought, analyzing her clothing and gear.

"Sorry about that" he said sarcastically. "My friend and I escaped from a ship lead by corrupted Adelan officials and a pirate organization called The Daughters" he proceeded to explain. "They were fighting over this," Arocraes shifted his eyes to the orb. "It's called Hell's Orb. I think it's a pair, the other one belongs to The Daughters."

Arocraes looked back at the pirate captain, trying to restrain from giggling and to cover up his chuckles.

JackieCat

Unlike Arocraes, Faelis was not at all surprised by the captain's appearance, and instead of sarcasm, the thief gave a half-bow.

"What my friend says is true," Faelis said, hoping the captain would not be offended by Arocraes reaction.  "I am Faelis, and I was simply on my way to Adela before this mess happened, and my friend and I were dragged into it all."
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

Codex

"Oh, and I'm the strangest thing you've seen all day?" Mythica responded, her arms crossed over her chest with a rather annoyed expression on her face. She put aside the ignorance of the man and turned her attention to the elf who had started to speak.

"I'm well aware of the situation you two are in. And yes, I know what the orb is. IT is the only reason why you're not still paddling in the large expanses of water..." she said, reminding them that her ship probably saved their sorry asses from drowning... Or worse.

She tilted her head at the other man, who seemed to have trouble containing his emotion on the subject of her leadership. "As I'm sure you have already guessed, I'm the captain of this vessel." She stated. "Captain Soulscar, and this is the Seraph's Requiem." She leaned against the desk now. "Now, I'm already known by your friends, especially Danica. If their smart, they won't challenge my ship or crew in their current conditions." She told them. "You don't need a magical artifact to bend the waves to your will after all..." She said, a white grin across her lip.

"I'm more interested in you two however, and how you happened to come across this 'Hell's Orb' and got away with it." She questioned.

Arocraes

Arocraes had a grin on his face as he listened to Captain Soulscar. In truth, he felt little danger after witnessing Faelis' combat prowess. However, he was more worried what Faelis would do should he have another episode. Arocraes wanted to make sure that they everything would go smoothly so that Faelis wouldn't something he'd regret.

Arocraes turned his smile into a straight face, now adorning a more serious tone. "We could've been swarmed with attackers, but everyone was apprehensive" Arocraes explained. "I have no idea how to work this little thing, but mishandling it seems like it could cause something cataclysmic." He further regurgitated what Duval said about the orb's power to control the movement of the plates inside the earth. "The amount of blood shed for this stupid thing is ridiculous." Arocraes clutched the orb closer to himself, having no idea what the pirate captain's plans were. "How old even are you?" Arocraes asked out of the blue, with his initial amusement quickly turning into curiosity, not understanding--nor necessarily caring--if he was being rude.

Codex

"Of course there's a lot of bloodshed." She replied rather flatly. "That thing holds a lot of power. Power that doesn't belong in the hands of man..." Soulscar said. Her face suddenly turned darker, and her expression turned more angry now then annoyed when the man showed an interest in her age.

"That, my friend isn't relevant. What you should be focusing on is how we're going to get the sister orb." She hinted at her plan.

JackieCat

Faelis, too, was somewhat irritated by Arocraes' behavior, but he said nothing until Captain Soulscar had finished speaking.

"I agree," he said, then looking to Arocraes. "Our thoughts should be on the orb."  He looked back to Captain Soulscar. "And 'we'?  We're going to be helping with this plan?"

He found it strange that she would want their help, after all, they knew little about the orb and there was no way she could trust them, especially since they had just come from the ship of someone whom Soulscar saw as an enemy.
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

Tags: