Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

First Impressions [DragonSong]

Started by Arocraes, March 25, 2016, 08:14:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arocraes

Arocraes' eyes widened. "You know what on second thought I think I'll take first watch" he said as he blushed profusely. He was constantly surprised by how powerful, and dangerous, she could be. Best not make her my enemy.

DragonSong

Yeah, that's what I thought.

Tara gave him her most charming smile and dipped to kiss his cheek. "Good boy," she chirped, rolling off him to curl onto her side again.

Arocraes

Arocraes sighed has he pulled the sheet off of him and lifted himself up. He brought his hands to his face as he yawned and stretched his skin. It was going to be a boring night for sure, having to babysit the unconscious captain before getting rid of him in the morning. It was already dark outside, Arocraes presumed, but he was not sure how many hour into the night they were, and how long until the ship will leave.

"Where were you born?" he suddenly asked Tara, hoping to ease his boredom.

DragonSong

Tara turned over to face him and just stared for a moment. There were a couple answers she could give to that- but for some reason she decided to go with honesty.

"I don't know," she said bluntly. "But I grew up in Serendipity."

Arocraes

"Why don't you know" he said with his palms against the bed and his head facing the ceiling. He figured since they had already been through so much in such a short period of time they could get to know each other.

DragonSong

She just looked at him for a few moments longer.

"I was...found, as a baby," she said after a while. "Group of gypsies found a baby abandoned in the woods and took me in. So I'm not sure where I'm from, before that."

Arocraes

"Do you want to know though?" he continued to pry. "About your true origins and real family?"

DragonSong

"No," she lied, turning onto her back. "It doesn't really matter, does it? Whoever left me there obviously didn't want me, but my family did. Who cares how I got there?"

Arocraes

"How do you know they didn't want you?" It seemed like there was an obvious answer to his question, but Arocraes wondered if perhaps other circumstance let to her abandonment. He paused for a moment before he began to hum the song he heard when they first met.

DragonSong

"I just don't, alright?" Tara scowled at the ceiling. "Drop it, lad."

When he started humming, she went rather quiet, just listening for a few moments. "You know that song then," she noted softly after a while. "The one I was playing."

Arocraes

"I've heard better renditions," he teased, "but yes." He turned his face towards her and smiled. "It's a lovely tune."

DragonSong

"Hmph." She crinkled her nose at him and turned onto her side to give him her back. "Well, it brings coin in at any rate," she muttered carelessly.

Arocraes

He chuckled softly as he reclined backwards so his back touched the bed. "I'm kidding" he said in a soft tone. "Your singing reminds me of my mother's actually."

DragonSong

Tara snorted. "Considering you just kissed me, I'll try not to be weirded out by that," she snipped, because honestly she couldn't seem to help herself.

Arocraes

"Oh don't flatter yourself" he replied in a jocular manner. "I didn't want anyone walking in, that's all that was."

DragonSong

"Uh-huh." Smirking, Tara scooted toward the edge of the bed and leaned down to drift her hand over his shoulder lightly, teasingly.

"And what if I said I wanted you in this bed with me?" she murmured, hiding the laughter in her voice with a little huskiness. "Are you telling me you wouldn't jump at the chance?"

Arocraes

Arocraes raised his eyebrows as he felt a shiver go down his spine. He didn't reply to that, nor did he know how to. Instead, he stood up and sighed, not making eye contact with the girl. "I'll scout the rest of the ship and find out when we're leaving" he said as he motioned towards the door.

DragonSong

Tara chuckled and withdrew her hand, flopping back onto the bed. "That's not an answer, lad," she called after him smugly as she turned onto her side and curled up.

Arocraes

He continued staying silent as he opened the door. As Arocraes peeked his head out, he heard a familiar voice followed by the clanging of metal armor walking down the hall. It was the guard captain.

Arocraes quickly withdrew inside as he brought a nearby chair against the door to lock it in place. "He's here" he said to the girl

DragonSong

"Oh fabulous." Tara groaned and rolled out of the bed.

"Well, what do you suggest we do?" she asked in a harsh whisper, folding her arms across her chest.