Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

A faith encounter (DragonSong)

Started by Mephistel, April 08, 2016, 05:44:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mephistel

The sun was up in the air, the air was fresh and a nice breeze was flowing in from the mountain side. Nyx was swimming in one of the few lakes there was around. Not to mention the waterfall above that made this spot just lovely.

The young undine was having a good time and was relaxing, laying down under the sun on one of the rock that stood out of the water. His long aqua hair drying in the warm of the sunlight. He let out a sigh, it was all so peaceful.

It had been a while but, he would finally be leaving his riverbank. He wanted to explore the world, to live outside of the water. Of course things would be difficult and been away from the water would probably be scary, but if he didn't, he knew he would regret it.

Some fish were moving around his spot, looking at him while he was lost in toughts, his eyes drifting toward the sky. He couldn't wait, but he had yet to move from his spot. The first steps were the most important and he knew that...once he would be gone, there was no turning back.

DragonSong

Calen was exhausted. It felt like he'd been walking for days. Finally though, he arrived at the shore of the lake.

He hadn't been to this place in years, but if he remembered correctly it was a relatively safe place to stop and rest for a while. Nice, quite, secluded, so no one was around-

Or that's how it had been before. He blinked as he moved closer to the lake, catching sight of the form on the rocks. A person? They seemed fairly prone. Unconscious maybe?

"Hey." He gave a soft whistled and waved, letting his travel pack drop to the ground. "You alright out there?"

Mephistel

When he heard the sound of a voice. He had not hear any footsteps, but then again, he was daydreaming, he jumped out of surprise and fell into the water. Disapearing out of sight. He could hear his own heart beat going really fast.

Eventually calming down, he re-surfaced and looked over at the man who had appeared. His hair now flatten on his head as only the top of his head could be seen. It was a human...a male human. He looked very pale and exhausted.

The young undine eventually rise up to half his torso, he wasn't wearing anything either.

-aH...hmm...I'm sorry...you scared me there...I didn't tought there was anyone around...-

He said. Closing in to the side of the lake to take a closer look at the man.

DragonSong

"Oh, shit-" Calen started forward, then saw the young man resurface. Well, at least he hadn't accidentally drowned someone.

He snorted quietly and moved closer to the edge of the lake. It took some effort, but he managed to keep his eyes focused up rather than down. Gods I hope he's at least wearing smallclothes...

"Sorry, didn't mean to startle you," he said easily, planting his hands on his hips and rocking back on his hips as he reached the edge of the water.

Mephistel

He shook his head.

-That's ok...I was lost in toughts...-

He let himself sink down into the water, so only the top of his shoulders could be seen. He was looking at the man with curiosity.

-Your...from the land correct?-

He asked. This might seems like a strange question, but to the undine, it was different. Reaching for the edge of the lake, his hands lifting him up toward the man.

-What are these?-

He asked, pulling on the man's clothes. He had never seen them before and he wonder if it was part of a human skin.

DragonSong

"Ah, yes," Calen said slowly, tilting his head at the strange young man. Then he jumped back slightly, batting his hand away as he tugged at his clothes. "Oi. Buy me a drink first, would ya?" he said with a slightly awkward little laugh, giving the stranger an odd look.

Mephistel

Nyx looked at the man with his deep blue eyes.

-Is it curtesy to buy a drink to someone to ask a question?-

He wasn't much aware of the human way of living. And such a thing suddenly strike him. What would he be doing once he was out there, with other humans. He knew nothing of them.

He looked at the man for a moment, then went back into the water, disapearing once more for almost a whole minute. Eventually coming back to the surface, he was holding what seems to be a buck made of wood and nicely refined. it was filled with a crystal like liquid.

-There is your drink...now can I ask you a question?-

He said, handing the drink to the man.

DragonSong

"Hey, where are you-" Calen frowned as the boy- man?- dove away. He flopped down to sit on the shore, then started a bit when his new acquaintance suddenly reappeared.

"Well, uh. Thanks." He took the drink and sniffed at it warily. "You don't have to...do that. Get me a drink to ask a question I mean." He arched an eyebrow and gave him a crooked smile. "I just meant maybe don't pull on clothes like that? Might give people the wrong idea."

Mephistel

This was confusing.

-Clothes...those are not your skin?-

He said. So he didn't had to give a drink to ask a question, well that was a relief, because he was wondering just how many drink one could take before been full and the young man had a lot of questions. The drink smell like flower and a bit salty.

-Oh...I'm sorry, I forgot to introduce myself, my name is Nyx! Nice to meet you!-

He said, smiling at the man.

DragonSong

Calen laughed. "No, it's not my skin," he chuckled. "See?" He pulled his sleeve back to show how his shirt wasn't actually attached to his body.

"Nyx." He gave him a small smile. "Nice to meet you. Name's Calen." His eyes flicked over Nyx curiously. "You a nymph or something?" he guessed. It wouldn't be the strangest thing he'd ever seen.

Mephistel

Nyx looked curiously at the clothes, as it wasn't attached to the man's body, he opened widened eyes, looking impressed.

-I see...-

He was wondering if he would need some too. Hearing the man's name, he smiled some more and answer his question.

-I am a undine...I think sometimes your people call us fairy of the water...or something like that...-

His hair were stil flatten on his head and the edge were mixte with color like red and blue.

-It's my first time seen a real human...-

He wanted to poke at the man and see what he looked like under his clothes, but he tought that it might be rude of him. As much as he was curious, as much as he was scared to go too far.

DragonSong

"I see." Calen offered a friendly and encouraging smile. "I've never met one of your kind before," he murmured, leaning forward with some interest. Smiling going crooked, he added, "I take it you've never met one of mine?"

Mephistel

He nodded. He was leaning on the edge of the lake, looking up at the human in front of him.

-Yes...and well...you see..I want to see the world and travel...but...I know close to nothing to the outside world...-

He admitted, blushing a bit and scratching the back of his head. He wonder if he would appear strange, most likely. Looking back at the man, he lift his hand toward his face to touch his skin. Unlike him, which had no other hair then on his head, there was some on the man's face. it felt a bit rough but soft at the same time.

Tough he quickly pull back.

-ah! sorry!!-

DragonSong

Calen flinched back from the touch slightly, startled. "Yeah, ah- that's not really something humans do. I mean, not when they've just met," he muttered.

A smile curving his lips on one side, he added, "I probably do need to shave though, huh?" He reached up to scratch his chin, feeling the stubble.

Mephistel

He tilted his head.

-Shave?-

He wasn't sure he understood. He shook his head.

-Then when do humans touch each other?-

He was curious about all of this. Undine didn't meet with each other all that often, they lived in their river and took care of the wild life there. He had no idea how his words could be misunderstood.

-Undine rarely see each other...but when we do, we communicate by touch...-

DragonSong

"Well, some humans do that," Calen tried to explain slowly. "But usually only those that are close. Friends, family, that sort of thing." He tilted his head. "Make sense?"

Mephistel

He wasn't sure he understood, but he nodded.

-Friends...family...I see...-

There was just so much he wanted to know, but he had no idea where to begin with. He was wondering if he was bothering the man.

-Then if I became close to you...like a friend...I could touch you?-

He asked, somewhat with hope in his voice, tilting his head as well. His curiosity was a bit hard to handle, but he tought to himself that he had manage to contain himself a lot so far.

DragonSong

Calen snorted quietly and gave him another crooked smile. "Well, yeah, maybe. I suppose," he said. "But you can, like- shake hands with people you don't know all that well."

Realizing he might not know what that was, he added, "Like this," and reached out to take his hand.

Mephistel

Nyx reached out for the hand. His own skin was pretty soft, almost silky.

-Shaking hands...even if were not close...got it!-

He would probably be shaking the hands of everyone he would meet from now on, but that was to be seen. He smiled, shaking Calen's hand.

-There is just so much I don't know about...I wonder if I'll be alright...-

He pondered outloud.

DragonSong

Calen sat back and cocked his head at him. "Well, where do you plan to go?"