Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

A faith encounter (DragonSong)

Started by Mephistel, April 08, 2016, 05:44:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mephistel

-I see...-

That meant he couldn't really show him his own home. But he could probably describe it to him.

-Well..I know you live in house, we have house too! Their made of corals and shells! -

He started explaining how they used the natural environment to make their home and how they decorated them with shells and small pearl they would find along the river. They would varie according to season and where they were located.

Noticing that the man had not touche the drink he had brought him earlier, he wondered.

-You did not like it?-

DragonSong

He tilted his head and listened as Nyx described his home with interest. Then he started a bit and glanced at the drink.

"Oh, right." He smiled sheepishly. "I actually forgot about that."

Calen wasn't an incredibly trusting person, but he highly doubted the undine would try to poison him. He lifted the cup to his lips and took a cautious sip.

Mephistel

The drink felt very refreshing, it had a soft taste of mint and salt, which was actually a good mixte. It did feel a little strange to an unused tongue, but the taste of berries did cover well.

-We use white berries, they grow at the bottom of rivers...-

He explained. He was all smile, his long aqua hair were now dry and more fluff then before and showing a slight glitter to them.

DragonSong

Calen arched his eyebrows and took another sip. "Yeah, it's not bad," he said with a small smile, nodding.

Mephistel

-Right! right!?-

He smiled some more.

-Also, sharing this drink, the Aloka, means that you are Akin...hmm...I think it means friends for humans...-

Even tough he didn't knew much about them, he had heard certain things. So sometimes he might be a little off.

DragonSong

"Akin, huh?" Calen smiled at him again and leaned back, bracing his hands on the ground behind him. "Alright. I guess we're...companions then."

He'd been traveling on his own for a while, ever since his last job. It would be nice to have someone along for a while.

Mephistel

-Actually, I would need to drink from the same drink to settle that...to make us Akin...-

He explained. Akin meant loyalty toward each other, it was much more then just been aquaintance. And such thing he explained to Calen. As he explained, he was playing with the clothes, trying to get use to them.

DragonSong

Calen frowned slightly. "Well, I'll get you to the city. Show you around a bit. But other than that, I can't really promise anything."

Mephistel

He nodded slightly. He understood that perhaps, he would become a burden, and it was by mere chance that they had met. But at the very least, he could get to the city.

-I understand...-

He said, tough a bit sadly, he wasn't one to easily hide his emotions, he never had too. Night was falling and the stars were slowly showing up. Nyx could see in the dark, but what about humans.

DragonSong

"Right. Well, um..." Calen rubbed the back of his neck. "I should probably grab some shut eye. You, uh- you gonna sleep up here?" he asked, reaching for his bedroll.

Mephistel

Nyx shook his head, he could sleep in the river, one last time, before heading out. To be honest with himself, he was scared despite his curiosity and wish to travel. The outside world seemed just so scary.

-I'll sleep in my river one last time...-

He said, almost frightened. He gave a smile at Calen and got up, turning around and walked to the river, he undressed himself before jumping into the water and disapearing in it. Calen could follow the glow the undine skin was making underwater while at night. Various color and scales could be seen as he went further deep down and even his light couldn't be seen anymore.

DragonSong

"Right. Well, G'night, then," Calen said with a smile and sleepy wave. He curled up into his bedroll and closed his eyes to sleep.

Mephistel

Night fell over the forest and the lake. It was very calm, at least in the beginning. A few hours after Calen had gone to sleep, growl could be heard as silent paws walk toward the bedroll in which Calen was sleeping.

The silhouettes of wolves could be seen walking around, silently making their way up. Until one of them howl.

DragonSong

Calen woke quickly. He didn't move, just froze in his bedroll and waited, hardly even daring to breathe.

Mephistel

The wolves kept walking around, circling the man, there fangs shining under the light of the moon, like silver blade. But something seemed to keep them from attacking, even tough they were now growling and making more noise, snapping their fangs and scratching the ground.

That's when Nyx's light could be seen, getting out of the water, he lift himself up, his expression had changed, he looked more determined then the innocent expression he had before. He was fixed on the wolves as he moved forward and the water of the lake behind him lift itself, rising from it's hole and crashing along the small shore toward the wolves. They stood their ground but eventually, as the water reached them, most ran away before the undine power.

-Back off...I do not wish to harm you...but I won't let you devour that human...-

He said. He sounded more feral then before. The water was now surrounding Nyx's body and he send spike of water at the wolves. But one of them manage to get trough the wall of water and snapped at Nyx's neck, which fell to the ground along with the remaining water.

-Aaaarrrghhh!! -

He screamed in pain. Sending another wave of water at the wolf, the remaining ones ran away. The young undine fell to the ground, holding to his neck.

DragonSong

Calen snapped up. He threw his hand out and shouted wordlessly. A jet of ice shot from his fingertips at the retreating animals and he hurried to kneel next to the undine.

"Here, let me look," he said, keeping his voice calm and steady. He covered Nyx's hand and tried to get a look at his neck.

Mephistel

Nyx was letting out cry of pain, tears rolling on his cheeks as he hold to his neck.

-H...hurts...-

He mustered. Blood was coming from under his hand, as you finally manage to get a look, you can see a deep bite into the undine's neck and blood pouring out of it.

DragonSong

"Alright. Keep still, shh, shh." Calen laid his free hand on the nymph's back and stroked soothingly. Calling on his magic, he sent a quick stream of power through his fingers to the undine's wound.

Ice wasn't great for healing, but at least the cold was enough to stop the bleeding.

"I'm gonna get something to use for bandages, okay? Just hang on a second," he said softly, brushing Nyx's hair to the side.

Mephistel

He kept crying, he wasn't use to pain and it was the first time he was ever attacked...or at least wounded this much. He could feel Calen's hand on his back, it was calming, but the pain was still hitting and he was slowly losing consciousness.

He felt the cold running to his neck and a wave of fear took him, he had no idea what was going on and more tears fled from his half closed eyes, out of panic.

-h...hur...*sob*-

He eventually lost conscious in Calen's arms. His breathing getting slower.

DragonSong

"Oh shi- no no no, stay awake- damnit!"

Calen twisted to grab for his pack and fished out a few lengths of bandaging. He wrapped the cloth around the boy's neck, murmuring soothingly all the while.

"Okay. You're okay. C'mon, kid, wake up..."