Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

A faith encounter (DragonSong)

Started by Mephistel, April 08, 2016, 05:44:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mephistel

Nyx nodded slowly. There wasn't much he could do, but move forward and see what the futur had for him.

-I suppose so...-

He said. Gale walked to them, pushing it's big head on them and Nyx patted him, trying a small smile on his face.

-Yeah..your right Gale...I have to be strong too...-

He said, as if answering the horse.

DragonSong

"Come on then." Calen swung himself up onto the geldings and held his hand down to Nyx. "Let's get going."

Mephistel

He took Calen's hand and got on the horse as well, ready to head out again, this time, with a new resolve in mind. He needed to clear out his feelings, so he would be certain...once that was done, he could be sure and even the other man couldn't deny them if they ended been true...but if it was indeed simply because it was the first affection he got, well, that would be that.

DragonSong

"So..." Calen cast about for something to say.

"I guess undines don't really have much of a stigma for couples like us, huh?"

He blinked. Well he certainly hadn't meant to say that out loud. "I mean- ahem. You know what, forget I said that."

Mephistel

Nyx looked at him, twisting his neck a bit to see him.

-Huh?....A stigma? What do you mean?-

He wanted to know more abut human relationship, but he had no idea what the man meant by stigma.

DragonSong

"I mean..." He waved his hand awkwardly. "Some sort of judgement, I guess. You guys don't have that?"

Mephistel

Nyx raised an eyebrow.

-What do you mean by judgement? I'm not sure I follow you? Well...you can say Undine do it by instinct...-

He said, tilting his head a little as he looked back forward to not strain his neck.

DragonSong

Calen shook his was with a small smile. "Never mind then. Forget I said anything."

Mephistel

Nyx still didn't understood what Calen meant, but at any rate, he would probably know eventually. As they moved on, they didn't encounter anymore problem and eventually, night fell over the land, putting their walk to a stop.

-Should we stop for the night?-

The undine asked softly.

DragonSong

"If you want," Calen said with a shrug. He brought Gale to a halt and swung down off the horse's back, reaching up to help Nyx down.

Mephistel

He took Calen's arms to go down and landed on his feet.

-Thanks..-

He said. He looked around, they had stopped in the forest, there was no river around to sleep in, he started freeing Gale from his burden.

DragonSong

"Here, I'll to that." Calen passed over their bags and sleeping rolls. "Why don't you set up camp a bit while I untack him?"

Mephistel

-Oh...ok.-

He said, taking the bedroll and other stuff, he headed a bit further and looked for an open space, before setting up the camp, putting down the bedroll side by side and starting to gather some wood and stones for a fire, so they would keep warm.

DragonSong

Once Calen had untacked Gale, he slipped an easy rope halter over the horse's head and lead him after Nyx, tying him loosely to a low tree branch.

"Here, I'll start a fire," he said with a small smile, gathering flint from his pack and looking around for some kindling.

Mephistel

Nyx nodded. He looked at Calen while he started the fire, then sat on the ground, tilting his head a little as he watched.

-So...how are big cities? I mean...I suppose there are a lot of houses and all...how about people?-

He asked.

DragonSong

"Well, there's lots of people, usually. People who live there and those just passing through, like us." He shrugged. "It's a lot to take in at first, but I'm sure you'll get used to it."

Mephistel

-I see...well, I hope I won't get too nervous...-

He said, tilting his head on the side a little. He chuckle a little and sighed, stretching a bit. Today had been quite tiring after all.

DragonSong

"Don't worry." Calen smiled and laid his hand on top of Nyx's head for a moment. "I'm gonna be here to look out for you alright?"

After those slavers, the undine was never leaving his sight again.

Mephistel

Nyx smiled at him, nodding slightly.

-Right!-

He said with a soft smile. He stretched some more as his stomach started growling slightly. He blushed a little.

-Hmm...