Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

A faith encounter (DragonSong)

Started by Mephistel, April 08, 2016, 05:44:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mephistel

He nodded slowly.

-Yeah...-

He gave a shy smile at Calen and chuckle a bit. He would usually eat some berries from the river, but not this time. he would learn what humans usually eats and so on.

-What do we have on the menu tonight?-

DragonSong

"Well, travel rations, I guess," Calen chuckled, digging into his pack and emerging with a few strips of dried meat and some rather hard bread. "Here. Better than nothing."

Mephistel

-Right!-

He took his share and started to eat slowly. It wasn't the best food in the world, but it was still better then an empty stomach. Looking at the fire, he eventually got lost in thoughts while eating his food.

DragonSong

Finish his own rations, Calen rolled out his bedroll, then leaned over and wrapped the other one around Nyx's shoulders. "C'mon, get some sleep, kid. I'll keep watch for a while."

Mephistel

-Oh...alright.-

He stretched a bit again and put down his bedroll before getting in, giving one last look at Calen, before closing his eyes, if Calen was close, everything would be fine, wouldn't they? Night would soon follow.

DragonSong

Calen patted his shoulder gently, then leaned back against his pack with a huff, keeping a wary eye out as dusk turned to night.

Mephistel

It was getting dark and the moon slowly rose in the sky, along with the stars, glorious as always in all their splendor. Nyx soon fell asleep, his dreams as vivid as they come, somehow fill with a bit of what happened to day, he tossed in his sleep.

DragonSong

Seeing Nyx stir out of the corner of his eye, Calen leaned over at bit and laid a hand gently on his shoulder, murmuring soothing nonsense.

Mephistel

Quickly calming down, the undine got back into a deep slumber. The night was quiet, some owl letting out small noise in the distance, but nothing alarming so far.

DragonSong

Calen kept his hand on the undine's shoulder, shifting a little closer so he could rub his back gently as he sat watch through the night.

Mephistel

A few moments later, as the man kept watch, he was met with small strange shimmering light. But there was something else about these light, they were winged and had actually humanoid form when you'd look at them closer.

DragonSong

The mage leaned back, a small smile twitching at his lips. "Hey, Nyx." He shook his shoulder gently. "Wake up, I think you'll wanna see this."

Mephistel

-hmm....*mumble* hmm whaaa?...-

The undine asked, slowly opening his eyes, then when he saw the small light, his eyes widened.

-Ahh! ...Will O wisp!-

He exclaimed, surprised. He'd never seen them so far from the marsh. What were they doing here? The small creatures were surrounding them now, floating casually around them, apparently curious but not ill willed.

DragonSong

Calen chuckled. "The fae draw each other," he said softly. "They probably sensed you and were curious, came to get a look at their cousin."

Mephistel

Nyx lift his hand and one of the will'o wisp came closer, sitting on his hand. From up close, he could see their humanoid form and their big fiery eyes.

-Hey there..-

He said slowly, looking at the small creature with a kind and friendly smile. They kept floating around, gathering around Nyx, letting soft laughter, some gathered around Calen, sitting on his shoulders. they were the size of a man's hand and weight next to nothing.

DragonSong

"Oi." Calen eyed one of the little creatures sitting on his shoulder. "Whatcha doin' there? I'm no fae- go on, shoo."

Mephistel

The little creature gave a somewhat surprised and angry look at Calen for being pushed from her seat and went flying around Nyx instead.

-He he...Well...I rarely see them away from the marsh...I wonder why they are here...-

And that,s when they could see another figure a little further in the wood, standing not too far...a child from the size of it.

DragonSong

Calen glanced at the newcomer warily. "Faeries," he grumbled. "Why is it always faeries?" He leaned back, closing his eyes. "Long as you lot don't try anything funny, we've got no quarrel."