Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Somehow I'll Make a Man Out of You [m]

Started by visualspice, April 11, 2016, 04:26:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

Killian looked as if he were about to cry again.
"Why would I tell anyone? How could I?" he asked, voice low. He gave the other soldier a small smile.
"But I guess it is good to know I've been the only one needing to worry about that." And his laughter that followed was awkward. He shifted a bit and found himself asking, "I bet it's still hard for you."
Fitting in as a man when he was a woman in Connlaoth...
He couldn't even begin to imagine, and he had traveled with him for how long?
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Rhindeer

"Well, I won't lie and say I ain't had some close calls," Faolán said, rubbing the back of his neck. "Going into battle's always extra scary. Get hurt the wrong way and...well...people find out like you did. And growing up is...well..."

He gave a helpless shrug. No need to say anything about that, really, about the changes his body went through as he went through his teens and emerged an adult. That had been hard without the extra challenge of concealing himself. He still could hardly look at himself naked without feeling his stomach twist.

"But I've managed!" he quickly added, pouring on the cheer. "Enough about me, though. What about you? Where've you been all this time?"
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

visualspice

Killian wore a sad apologetic smile the entire time he spoke. He understood what he had gone through, just enough to know just how hard it had to have been. But at his last question, he replied croakily, "I..." he cleared his throat. "I was sent North. To Fort Dhagh." He blushed a little and felt his stomach turn icy at the thought.

Fort Dhagh had been a massacre for their side of the war..
"I was lucky to have survived.. but barely. And not without consequences," he went on, gesturing to his missing limb. He gave an idly itch to that shoulder, and let his eyes trace over what was lost.
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Rhindeer

Faolán paled at Killian's words. Fort Dhagh. Of all bloody places...

Literally.

His eyes followed Killian's hand to his shoulder, taking in the blank space where his arm should have been, and he swallowed and brought a hand to his mouth. Shit. Shit. He couldn't even imagine what that would feel like, how much it would hurt. He couldn't even imagine what sorts of horrors he must have seen on the butchering field. Faolán had seen his share, the way corpses piled up, the way the mortally wounded cried out for mercy as they were trampled beneath the boots of those still fighting. There were too many familiar faces among the dead. But the skirmishes he'd been in had been just that, apparently--skirmishes. Small compared to some of the other battles, and nothing like that all out slaughter.

Finally, he looked back up to meet Killian's eyes.

"I'm so sorry..." he said quietly.
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

visualspice

Killian shook his head.
"There is no need to feel sorry for me. Long ago, I may have just been a kid, wanting to join the army. But I was wise enough to know what it meant. But now... Well, now I know a lot more personally what I signed up for, and what I had to be prepared to give..."

He could have died, easily. Had he not been on that particular section of the wall during it all...

Killian grit his teeth, trying to snuff out the memory.
And forced himself to smile.

"I guess I can think of my life now needing to be more.. creative. With only one hand.... Well, I'm not looking forward to attempting a one armed bath," he went on with a silent chuckle.

Rhindeer

Faolán's eyes went wide.

"Waitaminute. How long has it been since you've bathed, anyway?" he blurted, deciding to go for humor in the face of such tragic news.

visualspice

Killian paled before his face went red.
"I.. hey now!" he went on, laughing. "I've bathed but it has... been sometime," he went on admittedly. "It's not like I had much of a choice, and I just wanted to get down as far south as possible..."

He had to wonder...
Did he reek? Is that why she asked? Er.. he asked! He...
And he averted his gaze when he realized they were straying to check on Faolan's chest.

Rhindeer

Faolán barked a laugh, and covered his mouth quickly to try to stifle the sound. Killian looked so mortified!

"I'm teasing, I'm teasing!" he laughed, waving his hands and trying to ignore the way Killian's eyes had strayed--and the blush that brought. "I haven't bathed in ages, either! Like...uh...a real long time, now that I think of it..."

Brow knitting, he lifted an arm and sniffed at his pit, then wrinkled his nose. "Y'know, not much opportunity to do it when there's a buncha people around all the time."

visualspice

"I'd offer to share a bath but I'm not sure if I can afford one." It took a lot of money for him to procure this room, after all.

Rhindeer

"Oh, um, well..." Faolán pat the coin purse at his hip. "I've got some money. I was gonna get a room, but if ya don't mind sharin' this one, I could use it on a bath instead?"

visualspice

His eyes widened.
"Of course I'd be willing to share! But... Are you sure you want to use your money for it?"

Rhindeer

Faolán gave a little shrug and a smile. "Why not? I have enough for either a room or a bath, but not both. Bath's cheaper, though, so I'll still have some left over after this--and I'll be rested and clean. I ain't been clean in so long, I was seriously thinkin' about taking the bath and sleeping in the streets. Which probably woulda undone the bath..."

He laid his hand on Killian's shoulder. "Really, it's okay! In fact, I insist!"

And Killian, truly, was the only person he trusted enough for this.

visualspice

Killian gave a sigh of relief.
"Well, I guess that's settled than." His blue eyes took her, er, him in with warmth. "It will also give us an excuse to catch up a bit more. It's been years."
Years. He suddenly felt old.

Rhindeer

"Yeah, you'll have to tell me what you've been up to! Aside from, uh...soldiery stuff. Like, you get a girl or anything yet, eh? Eh? Make any little Killians?"

Faolán grinned and waggled his eyebrows at him, nudging him with his elbow, before he turned and headed for the door. "I'm kiiiidding. Kind of. Maybe." A pause. "Didja?"

visualspice

Killian's face heated crimson as he stared at Faolán in disbelief.
"I..I-" But the he laughed.  "Faolán! I could ask you the same!" he went on, looking him over before recalling.. oh right, he couldn't exactly knock up any girls without the right equipment but..
Oh.. had he taken a lover anyway? Had kids himself?

"No," he finally answered, shaking his head, but it couldn't get rid of his blush. "No little Killians here."
But then he went quiet, an almost sad look taking over his eyes.

Rhindeer

Faolán burst into laughter, both at Killian's expression (still awkward, even after all these years!) and at his question. Had he seriously just said he could ask him the same?!

"Of course I haven't!" he laughed. "Y'know, certain complications making that, um...impossible. And like I said, you're the only one that knows. Too many risks. If the wrong person finds out, or if...y'know...pregnancy happens..."

He grimaced at the thought. No way he could pass off a pregnant belly as a beer belly. And what after that?

"I'm surprised, though. I always figured you'd get eaten up alive, if you know what I mean."

visualspice

"Eaten up alive?" he blinked. Nope, he had no idea what he meant!

Rhindeer

"Well, yeah, I mean like...you're a looker! Figured if ya weren't gettin' pawed by the other soldiers, you'd surely be havin' all the village ladies throwin' their smallclothes at ya," Faolán said with a wide grin.

visualspice

His face was red clean to his ears.

"What!? I!" His eyes went wide as he pointed a finger at the other soldier. "Why.. I'm not like that! You know I'm not like that! Why would you assume I-I-!?"

Ansgar's name! What was getting into Faolan!? And what did he mean... looker?

He then pointed his finger at the other's face again.

"Are are are are you accusing me to cover up.. up your own crazy side lady fantasies!?"

Yeah.. he had no idea how to respond to that!

Rhindeer

"Oh my God!" Faolán burst into laughter at Killian's horror, so earnest, so genuine, and had to flop down onto the bed to keep from falling over from giggles. Side lady fantasies?! And that red-faced shock at being teased about his love life. He wheezed, gasping for air between laughter. "Don't ya know it! I've got a whole harem on the side! Fantasy shmantasy, everyone wants a tumble in my tent!"

And suddenly, not for the first time since seeing him, he was struck by how much he'd missed Killian. He'd known it all along, of course, but now that he was here, now that they were teasing each other again...

His chest ached from more than just laughter at the thought, the realization that this was real.

With a final gasping sigh, Faolán rolled over onto his back with his head hanging off the bed, peering up at Killian upside-down with his hair falling around his face. "But really. I'm kinda a big deal around these parts." And he winked. "I pay the brothel girls extra to keep up my rep."

Tags: