Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Save Me from Myself? [HK] [Archive]

Started by DragonSong, April 23, 2016, 10:47:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DragonSong

Lily nodded quickly and scurried away. She changed into a walking dress and quickly found her mother and the twins to explain what was happening.

Before Lydia could start protesting, Lily was practically running back to the front door of the manor. She slipped outside and leaned back against the door with a few sharp breaths. "I- I'm ready."

Medievarad

Artorias nodded slowly with an arched eyebrow as she stormed through the front door. He put his hand ln the back of a horse and pulled himself up into the saddle, holding a hand out to her.

DragonSong

"Oh. Um..." Lily glanced down at herself, then at the horse. Riding in skirts was one thing- riding in skirts with someone else may prove to be more complicated.

Well...he was assigned to protect her, right? It wasn't like he was going to try anything. With a huff, she hefted her skirts up above her knees and let him pull her up onto the horse, settling onto the saddle behind him and hesitantly putting her arms around him.

"Is, ah, is this okay?"

Medievarad

Artorias glanced over his shoulder. "That is for you to judge," he answered with a soft snort. "Ready?"

DragonSong

She nodded determinedly and secured her grip on him a bit. "Ready when you are," Lily chirped, trying to keep her tone upbeat. "Um...where are we going exactly?"

Medievarad

"A mordecai outpost closeby," Artorias answered as he spurred the horse on.

DragonSong

Lily popped her lips quietly. "You're not exactly a chatty person, are you?" she noted.

Medievarad

"Words are not nescessary now," he shut her down with a soft sigh, spurring the horse on further.

DragonSong

Pouting a little to herself, Lily supposed she had to be content with the chance to leave the manor without her family, though some conversation would have been nice.

Okay, semi-content. She couldn't seem to stop herself from asking, "So how does your whole thing work, anyway? I mean, how did you wind up as my babysitter? Don't mordecai have more pressing matters to worry about?"

Medievarad

"I pulled you along on my other duties. I am hardly babysitting you," besides. She couldbpossibly be targeted by a magician he was hunting for a long time already. But it wasn't in his interest to share that.

DragonSong

"Ah." She fell quiet for a few moments, then said suddenly, "I don't think I ever got your name, really. I'm Lily, by the way. Father and Jorris kept calling me "my daughter" and "my sister", so I'm not sure if you caught that..."

Medievarad

Artorias nodded. "Lily. Good." He answered, leaving it at that.

DragonSong

Lily sighed heavily. "And your name?" she prodded. "Or should I just call you Sir?"

Medievarad

"Sir Frostmane" he lout out a soft snort. "That suffices."

DragonSong

"Yessir, Sir Frostmane." She gave him a mock salute, even though she knew he couldn't see it- and probably wouldn't appreciate her cheek.

Medievarad

"Be careful, you might end thrown off of horseback," Artorias said as he glanced over his shoulder, a small, wooden barrack appearing on the horizon.

DragonSong

Huh. So he was paying attention to her, at least a little.

Lily kind of wanted to snip something back, but at that moment she was forced to grab onto him to regain er balance with a soft squeak.

Medievarad

After a short while, Artorias pulled the reigns and the horse came to a halt, he slipped off of the horse and offered a hand to assist Lily in doing so aswell.

DragonSong

Lily took his hand and let him help her down with a murmured thanks. "What am I to do while we're here?" she asked quietly.

Medievarad

"Mostly waiting and answering questions." Artorias replied as he walked into the barracks.