Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Save Me from Myself? [HK] [Archive]

Started by DragonSong, April 23, 2016, 10:47:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Medievarad

"As I said before, we have to find the one who cursed you," Artorias replied, "we can perhaps draw him out when he notices his curse isn't affecting you anymore. His or her."

DragonSong

Lily sighed but nodded. "I know. I do. I just- it feels like all I do is sit and answer people's questions about this...whatever it is. I've grown rather tired of it."

She frowned for a moment, then shook her head and forced a demure smile. "Right. Lead on then, Sir Frostmane."

Medievarad

"I am certain it is unpleasant," he said, a hint of sincerety to his tone, "I am sorry. But it is an issue that needs to be solved."

They passed through the gathering room where each and every person that saw Artorias dropped their bussiness and stood up straight to greet him, all dismissed by a neutral "at ease."

DragonSong

The young woman trailed after him, arching an eyebrow at the reactions he elicited. "Can you tell me something?" she asked quietly, lengthening her stride to fall into step behind him. "You're obviously important around here- how'd you wind up being the one my brother got for help?"

Medievarad

"Reasons I won't disclose on any further than  saying there is a pattern." Artorias replied coldly.

DragonSong

She quirked an eyebrow and muttered, "Well pardon me for asking." Lily glanced around again- she was planning to take full advantage of this chance to experience something new, even if she was being babysat by a mordecai.

Medievarad

Artorias stopped at a mordecai and glanced at the man, dwarfed by his posture. "Get me your commanding officer." The man nodded and turned around, leaving without a words. A frustrated grumble came from Artorias as the man strode off.

DragonSong

Lily glanced up at her companion, raising her eyebrows. "Problem, sir?" she asked quietly.

Medievarad

"As lax as I had expected," Artorias sighed again. "I am feeling like giving all of them a serious drill."

DragonSong

"Lax?" She tilted her head. "But- well, they're obeying orders, aren't they?"

Medievarad

"Normally, all mordecai are to cease their action and stand in salute when a superior officer arrives. Add to that they didn't even see me arrive, so their patrols are either not present or reporting in. Also, the commanding officer is to greet me immediatly." Artorias folded his arms as he glanced around. "Their armour and weaponry are also in a bad shape, wich indicates no maintenance."

DragonSong

"Huh." Lily's eyes widened and she glanced around. "I didn't realize there was so much..protocol in the military." It sounded like these mordecai had more rules to memorize about proper behavior than she did.

Medievarad

"There is protocol. Else it would be unorganised and inefficient," Artorias replied as he made his way to the exit again.

DragonSong

"Well, I suppose that makes sense..." Lily hurried after him. She looked up in an attempt to see his face and some back corner of her mind marveled at just how tall he was, especially compared to her.

"At least I won't have to worry about losing you in a crowd," she chuckled to herself unthinkingly.

Medievarad

Artorias arched an eyebrow. "If you wish to see my face, just ask," he replied at her obvious attempts. He pushed open the door and waited on the courtyard. "Let's give them twenty seconds." He stated, folding his arms. "You're counting."

DragonSong

Lily blushed when she realized he'd caught her and cleared her throat. "Uh, right. Okay." She started counting under her breath, sneaking glances up at the mordecai every once in a while.

Medievarad

"Out loud, please," Artorias added as he folded his arms, waiting patiently.

DragonSong

She started slightly, then nodded. "Ah- twelve, thirteen, fourteen..."

Lily glanced up at him questioningly, not entirely sure why she had to be the one counting. "...Nineteen, twenty."

Medievarad

Artorias sighed softly as he heard the mark of twently. Only well past several minutes, most soldiers had formed up. Yet still no sigh of their commanding officer. "Frustrating," he murmured to himself.