Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Sheep in Wolf's Clothing

Started by DragonSong, May 02, 2016, 10:26:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DragonSong

Spluttering, Ally jerked awake with a gasp. She stared up at Zaryn for a few moments in confused silence. "You- you got a lot bigger."

Wait. No, that wasn't right.

"Oh my gods!" She jerked up and looked down at herself, then gave a delighted laugh. "It worked! Oh my gods, it worked! Yes!" She sprang to her feet and twirled happily, clapping her hands together and laughing.

It was only then she realized she was naked. Well, she hadn't been wearing any clothes as a dragon, so it made sense. Still.

"Oh!" She squeaked, eyes going wide, and collapsed back onto the ground, drawing her knees up to her chest in an effort to provide some modesty.

Fukurou

Zaryn chuckled as he watched the naked woman jump around the clearing. He shook his head in disbelief. "I think I'm going insane," he said quietly to himself.

"So, uh, Ally..." He paused, maintaining eye contact with her. "Actually, no. I don't know where to start." He chucked to himself again. "Do you... ah... need help?"

DragonSong

"Ahem." She cleared her throat and tried to pretend she wasn't blushing quite as much as she was. "I, ah, I don't suppose you have any extra clothes on you?" she asked innocently.

Fukurou

"Ah, yes." Zaryn got up and dug through his travelling gear. "Here we are." He walked back to the naked girl and handed her a plain grey shirt and large baggy pants similar to what he as wearing. He held them out in front of her. They fit him perfectly, but seeing as he was much taller than what would be considered "tall" in human standards he snickered at the thought of such a small girl wearing his clothes. "I'm afraid there quite big," he said as he tossed them to her and turned his back. "Let me know when you're done."

DragonSong

"Thanks." Ill fitting clothes were certainly better than being naked. Ally dressed quickly, doing her best to roll the hems so she wouldn't be tripping over with every step. "You, um, you can turn around now."

Ally stood carefully, getting herself used to her human body. Gods it was strange to only have two legs again.

Fukurou

Zaryn turned around and chuckled at how small she looked draped in so much fabric.

"So..." Zaryn gave a friendly smirk. "What happened to that dragon?"

DragonSong

Ally huffed out a breath- she knew she must look ridiculous- and folded her arms. "You seem like a smart enough man. I'm sure you know I was the dragon."

She tossed her hair, a little part of her delighting in the fact that she could actually do such a thing again. She wiggled her fingers and toes a bit, just because she could.

Fukurou

"Well, yeah, I got that, but, what exactly happened?"

It was quite amusing to watch someone receive so much joy from such small things such as the touch of the own hair or the way her toes moved.

DragonSong

"It's...sort of a long story." Ally sighed and sat down again, drumming her fingers on her leg. "See, my mother was an alchemist. Like me. And she had this grand spell she was working on before she died. I found her notes and- and I tried it."

She waved a hand by her head airily. "Obviously it did not go as planned. I've been stuck in that body for almost a year," she muttered sourly.

Fukurou

"See, that wasn't too hard to explain." Zaryn teased her. "Well, you have your body back. Congratulations! How does it feel?"

DragonSong

"Um...good?" Ally flexed her fingers, a puzzled frown stealing over her face. "Odd? I'm actually not quite sure yet."

She sort of smoothed her hands over her body, as though reassuring herself that everything was in fact in its proper place.

Fukurou

"Well I'm happy for you, sweetheart." Zaryn gave her a pat on the shoulder. "But now what?"

DragonSong

That...

Was a good question.

"Hmph." Ally frowned and got back to her feet, slowly "I- I'm not really sure. I suppose I should try to go home..."

She glanced up at him and suddenly tilted her head to the side. "You keep calling me that. Sweetheart." She wasn't entirely sure if she liked that or not.

Fukurou

"I call every woman sweetheart." A little smirk painted Zaryn's face. He's was definitely quite the known womanizer in Essryn, but he doubted that Ally would know. "I can stop if you want. Where is home for you anyway?"

DragonSong

She sighed and murmured, "Serendipity. The outskirts of Arca."

Biting her lip, Ally glanced down at her circle, then north, where her home lay past jungle and desert and mountains. While being a dragon had been more of a nuisance than anything else, at least she'd been fairly confident traveling such distances on her own. Now...

Her grow furrowed and she huffed out a breath. "I suppose I will have to procure some mode of transportation. Perhaps a ship..."

She shook her head and focused on Zaryn, forcing a small smile. "Thank you for your help," she murmured. "Truly. How can I repay you?"

Fukurou

He noticed the mixed emotions and covered her face as she spoke of home. Perhaps there was something she missed about being a dragon after all.

A freindly smile spread across Zaryn's face. "Just enjoy being your old self, alright? And if you ever find yourself in Essryn, come find me. Drinks will be on you." He gave her a teasing wink.

DragonSong

Ally laughed quietly and nodded at him, her smile becoming more genuine. "Alright, deal." She held her hand out to him. "A pleasure, Master Zaryn. And once again I'll thank you for your services." She paused, then added with a small blush, "And your clothes."

Fukurou

"The pleasure is mine, Miss Allaeya." He shook her hand. An odd human gesture to him, but charming nonetheless. "And consider the clothes a parting gift."

DragonSong

For some reason, the touch of his hand sent a little bit of warmth zinging through her. She snatched her hand back and frowned at for a mement, puzzled, then shook her head.

"Um, right. Thanks." She cleared her throat and her frown deepened. The warmth was spreading, crossing the border into heat, curling up in her chest and burning steadily, like a hearth fire. Like magic.

What on earth?

Fukurou

Zaryn watched as an uncomfortable look rose on Ally's face.

"You OK there sweetheart?" He gave her a concern look.

Tags: