Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

To Catch a Unicorn [DragonSong]

Started by Juno, June 03, 2016, 08:24:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Juno

Kynton nodded slightly, still a little shocked that what he was seeing appeared to be real the more he looked at her.

He looked down to watch as their hands pressed together, the feeling so foreign to him as he rarely allowed himself to get close to others. He'd thought he was safe enough with Bella but somehow his problems felt a bit dwarfed in the presence of her abilities.

A faint blush rose to his cheeks, making him painfully aware of the rather unusual heat that spread across his face and neck for it. It would have been welcome had it not been for the distinct awareness of embarrassment that came along with it.

"You feel real," he murmured in agreement, allowing himself to press lightly against her palm with his own, marveling in the rare opportunity for touch. Kynton couldn't bring himself to part from her quickly, as much as he normally would have been eager to.

Green eyes observed her almost nervously, flickering all over her as if not trusting he would be allowed to do so and needed to be quick about it. He was still having trouble believing the tiny Bella he knew was able to transform into a woman. It seemed impossible, but many things of magic did, he supposed.

"That's very interesting. You're, um, quite special," he finally decided, smiling almost sadly as he tried to meet her eyes.

DragonSong

Her smile widened as he pressed back against her touch and she pushed a little further, linking their fingers together.

His words brought a blush to her cheeks- a strange feeling, one she didn't really experience in her true form- and she ducked her head almost sheepishly. "I'm not all that special," she mumbled. "It's just...a knack."

She lifted her eyes to his face again and smiled slightly. Fingers still entwined with his, she laid back down on the bed. Her hair swayed slightly as it fell over her like a silver blanket and she curled her legs up toward her chest.

With a glance down she wiggled her bare toes, chuckling quietly to herself. She didn't think she'd ever get used to the feeling.

Juno

Kynton just stared at her with open wonder, shaking his head and smiling slightly at her denial of being special like he thought she was. To him, it was a miracle of magic and that she had such an ability was amazing to him.

He felt quite guilty for doing so but he let his eyes wander again, quickly sweeping along her body as if wary of seeing her at all, like that should have been forbidden to him. "Your knack is amazing. So...you are special," he insisted gently, cautiously lifting their hands and attempting to untangle their fingers as smoothly as possible. It wasn't that the touch was unwelcome, but he felt paranoid remaining so close to someone who looked so human, like she might completely turn his world on its head at any moment if he continued to allow it, ridiculous as that was.

Clearing his throat he asked her sheepishly, gesturing vaguely at her clear nakedness beneath her curtain of hair, "You're going to be comfortable sleeping like that? Not cold at all?"

DragonSong

"Hm?" Bella glanced down at herself, a little confuse by what he meant. "I should think so. I've never slept in a bed before, so I may be a little...awkward, but I don't think I'll be cold."

She pulled back her hand to tuck it against her chest, using the other arm as a pillow. Her fingers flexed unconsciously, a sort of reflex reaction of her exploring what a human body could do. The way their hands had connected like that had been interesting- perhaps human thumbs were more useful than she'd thought.

Suddenly frowning in concern, she jerked her head up in that startled way she sometimes had. "Wait, will you be cold?" Was that why he was asking? Did he want to share heat again?

Juno

Kynton swallowed slowly, lips tight and eyes narrowed with concern as he allowed himself to look her over once more.

"I don't believe I would be- But- Well... But you're naked, aren't you?" he finally blurted out, cheeks darkening as he tried to keep his eyes above the shoulder out of respect.

"It's just that everyone I've ever known has slept with clothing," he offered in flustered explanation. "You could borrow some of mine if you think you might prefer that."

DragonSong

She blinked down at him, then smiled slowly. "Kynton, I'm naked all the time, I don't mind it," she said, as though explaining something slightly complicated to a child. "I might be more uncomfortable if I put some on."

She plucked at his sleeve and tilted her head. "Honestly, I don't know how you lot walk around in this. Doesn't it itch your skin?"

Juno

"All the time?" he sputtered, dumbfounded and eyes blowing wide in surprise. Looking down at the sleeve of his shirt she'd touched he just shook his head slowly at her question.

"Some fabrics can be itchy but I like these. They're soft and they protect me." Kynton smiled sheepishly, reaching out to roll his sleeve back some to show the rather uniform coloring to his skin. "I burn easily in the sun now. Too sensitive without them," he offered in explanation before gesturing shyly at her again.

"You really won't be cold like that?"

DragonSong

Bella shook her head with a smile. "No, really. I'll be fine." She nuzzled a little closer to him, curling up with her head on his chest as she had in her more equine shape.

"We should get some sleep," she murmured, lashes fluttering against her cheeks as she closed her eyes.

Juno

"Oh. Yeah, you're right," he agreed, though he was suddenly entirely clueless how to cuddle with her how she was instead of the small, deer-like creature he'd come to know.

"Sleep well," he whispered, finally deciding to settle a hand to her shoulder as he closed his eyes and tried to relax.

DragonSong

"Mm. You too." She cuddled a little closer, adjusting her strange new body to fit better against his side.

Quickly enough she dropped off to sleep, her breathing evening out as her hand moved to rest lightly on his stomach. Her hair covered them both, shimmering gently almost with a light of its own.

Juno

It took Kynton a while to get to sleep, the new but comfortable weight of her body against him something he wasn't entirely familiar with. Every time he got settled and almost drifted off he found himself suddenly alert again, eyes open to stare into the darkness around them and his hand caressing her hair just to make sure she was real and still with him.

He wasn't sure he'd ever felt something so soft in all his life, but then he'd be drifting off again until at last the first light of morning started peaking through the window when he next opened his eyes. Kynton grunted and fussed sleepily at the intrusion, moving his free arm to sling over his face to shield his eyes, though it wasn't enough to quite find the peace of sleep again.

DragonSong

Bella stirred slightly as she felt him move, then blinked and murmured quietly in her sleep as the light fell across her closed eyes. She yawned and lifted her head a bit.

"Mmm..." She twisted her head to look at her friend. "Kynton? You up?"

Juno

Her voice made it clear he wasn't dreaming up being awake already and he heaved a big sigh as he moved his arm to peek down at her. "Yeah, kind of," he mumbled. "Not sure if I can move yet."

DragonSong

"Oh." She blushed a bit and sat up, brushing a few locks of hair out of her face as she did. The whole silvery mess swayed around her gently with every tiny shift she made.

"Sorry, was I keeping you pinned?" She frowned at her hands. "I'm...not very used to this body. Was- was that uncomfortable?"

Juno

"Huh?" He frowned thoughtfully, his mind working groggily to try and figure out why she'd left him so abruptly. Pinned? That was an odd choice of words.

"No, nothing like that," he answered slowly, sitting up a bit and just staring at her mesmerizing curtain of hair. "I just don't like much direct sun. It was in my face," he muttered in explanation, gesturing sheepishly at the window but doing his best not to look at the glaring light again. "Did you, um- sleep okay?"

DragonSong

Bella relaxed a bit, relieved. "Oh. Alright." She smiled at him and nodded, shifting a little closer. "Mhm. I slept fine. Better than I thought, actually."

She shifted again until she was almost in his lap, tilting her head so her hair fell over their faces a bit, blocking some of the light. "Is this any better?" Her eyes were wide and almost too concerned, as though the sun bothering him was the biggest problem she'd ever faced.

Juno

Aware of her moving closer, Kynton remained a bit tense until he realized he was being shielded from the light by her. Relaxing some he just stared for a moment at the pure innocence in her eyes before letting out a bark of laughter and shifting some to sit up a bit better.

"Yes, thank you, but I can move somewhere out of the way. You don't have to be my personal shield," he reminded her, reaching out cautiously to press a hand to her shoulder, trying to steer her to move aside.

DragonSong

The unicorn beamed at him and shook her head, pressing back against his hand to show she wasn't moving. "I don't mind," she said with a shrug. "Call it a healer's nature."

Her eyes flicked toward the door as she suddenly remembered healing was why she was here. Her brow furrowed a bit and she leaned into Kynton slightly unconsciously.

Juno

Once it was clear she wasn't going anywhere Kynton frowned, brows knitting as he tried to think of how to convince her he didn't need to be cared for in such a way.

"But- It isn't healing exactly," he pointed out, speaking slower as he suddenly had a glint of suspicion in his eyes.

"Are you ill or something?" he demanded, reaching out to feel her forehead and then cheek with the back of his hand. "Do you need to rest for the day instead?"

DragonSong

Bella rolled her eyes. "I'm fine," she insisted, batting his hand away gently with a smile. "Just wanna make sure you're comfortable," she said with a shrug.