Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

To Catch a Unicorn [DragonSong]

Started by Juno, June 03, 2016, 08:24:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Juno

"Hmph." Kynton pouted as he stared at her questioningly, crossing his arms loosely in the small space between them.

"I guess that's alright. Just take care of yourself first. I don't know the first thing about unicorn medicine." He trailed off, eyes wandering to stare at her radiant hair again for a moment before he spoke up again, scratching at his chin thoughtfully with one hand, "Do you want to travel like this today? You know, human-like?"

DragonSong

"We don't really need medicine," she replied with a shrug, shifting off his lap to give him a bit more room. "We don't get sick, and we can heal any wounds we acquire."

She glanced down at herself at the suggestion of traveling in her human form and frowned a bit. "Well...I suppose I could." She'd never stayed in her human avatar for more than a few hours at a time. It would be...interesting.

Juno

Kynton nodded thoughtfully, sitting up a little more to look around the room. His eyes didn't find what he wanted, though, so he climbed to his feet stiffly and padded across the room to search through the drawers of the bureau and the small closet for possible lady's clothes left behind.

But suddenly he stopped, shaking his head and eyeing her over his shoulder. "You've never worn a dress, have you?"

DragonSong

Bella shook her head and got to her feet. She yelped quietly at the chill that curled around her bare toes and wrapped her arms around her middle, shivering. Her hair fluttered around her for a moment in a nonexistent wind.

"I've never worn any clothes. Never really had a reason to." She frowned a bit. "Aren't they itchy?"

Juno

Kynton flinched at her yelp, eyes blowing wide for a moment until he realized there wasn't really a problem and it was just the chill of the room. Her question had him fumbling for an answer, though, with nothing definitive to say.

"It depends..." he trailed off, turning to face forward and continue his search that had only resulted in some loose trousers and a few shirts so far. "Materials matter, some are itchier than others and some are very, very smooth. Silks mostly. I just worry you'd get...unwanted attention if you were naked."

He frowned deeply, brow furrowing in disappointment as he finally turned around with just a tunic and the trousers he'd found. "These might not fit well but I didn't see any dresses in there. Try them?" he asked, holding them out to her and not really realizing she might not know how to even dress herself if she'd not been paying attention on their travels to Whitesands.

DragonSong

"Um..." The same thought seemed to have occurred to the unicorn. She took the clothes with some trepidation, staring at them quizzically. "...Alright."

She fumbled, managing to get the shirt on okay, but the trousers proved to be a bit more difficult. She wound up hopping around on one leg, desperately trying to get her foot through the hole at the bottom of the leg.

A small squeak escaped her as she suddenly found herself toppling backward, all her natural grace fleeing in the face of this new challenge.

Juno

Kynton watched her expectantly, smiling encouragingly as she seemed to not be having much trouble with it. Until she suddenly was and he found himself unable to stop her from falling, just staring at her with wide eyes instead as he fumbled for words.

"Oh... Oh crap, are you okay? I'm sorry," he muttered, hurrying to offer her his hands to pull her up. "Want some help with that, or...?" he asked nervously.

DragonSong

Her face was hot. Was that normal? "N-no. I got it now," Bella muttered, blushing furiously as she managed to drag the trousers up over her hips from her seated position.

She did accept his hand in helping her get up, unable to quite look him in the eye as embarrassment made itself apparent in every line of her body.

Juno

He smiled encouragingly, feeling a bit bad seeing her fumbling so badly with dressing herself. "Are you okay? Did you hurt yourself?" he asked, brow furrowing with concern as he stepped around her to see if she was favoring a particular leg or anything.

"You look kind of...tense. Sprain something?" he asked innocently.

DragonSong

Bella fidgeted in embarrassment and shook her head. "No, no I'm fine," she muttered quickly, eyes on her feet.

Juno

Kynton watched her suspiciously, worried she didn't want to tell him something was wrong. "Are they uncomfortable? Want to try different ones?" he offered.

DragonSong

She huffed and shook her head. "No, no. This is fine, really." She tried for a smile, and her blush was more obvious now that she had a human shape, coloring her cheeks and making the air around her glint silver.

Juno

Kynton tilted his head curiously, studying the odd glow about her that seemed to keep happening. "Is that your magic?" he blurted out, reaching out to try to touch it near her face but frowning when he met no resistance. "You're glowing or something," he huffed.

DragonSong

Bella jerked, head flying up like a startled horse, and stared at him with wide eyes. Her blush deepened and she ducked her head.

"It's, um...sort of my magic. It- it happens when I get embarrassed," she mumbled.

Juno

Embarrassed? Kynton moved his hand away, brushing his palm along his trousers as if the odd effect had left his hand dirtied with magic dust or something when there was nothing there at all. "Why are you embarrassed? The clothes?" he guessed, looking her up and down.

DragonSong

She huffed, frowning at him a bit.

"Well...I fell over," she mumbled, ducking her eyes.

Juno

His eyes widened slightly as he tried not to laugh at that, but a wide smirk curled his lips that he couldn't hide. "What you think I never fall over? Everyone falls over. Even graceful, glowy unicorns sometimes. You going to be shy for the rest of the day now?"

DragonSong

Bella jerked her head again, eyes wide as she blinked at him, then frowned, tossing her hair in a distinctly equine gesture.

"Leave me alone," she mumbled, folding her arms and pouting at him. "I'm not used to this body," she huffed, giving another little toss of her head.

Juno

He rolled his eyes, reaching out to "fix" a strand of her hair that wasn't lying with the rest for all her tossing. "That wasn't supposed to be an insult, you know. You can either get used to it or go back to your other body. If you can. Are you stuck like this?" he asked, suddenly a little concerned as he looked her up and down.

DragonSong

She shook her head. "I'm not. But...well, if I'm going to be around humans, maybe I should look a little more human, yes?"