Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

As the Candle Flickers

Started by Fukurou, July 04, 2016, 05:30:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fukurou

Rylzyr nodded and headed up the stairs with Shiroi Usagi following close behind. They came to a small hallway and turned into a large room decorated with colorful tapestries and littered with books of all kind. On one end of the room stood a grand fireplace nestled in between two tall bookshelves. In front of the fireplace, on a plush rug, sat a large rocking chair. On the opposite side of the room stood a long tabled blanketed in books and papers with hardly any room left over for actual food.

The mage crossed to room and nodded to the small Wood Elf girl who was perched on one of the chairs at the table.

"Bryn, my dear," he said. "Could you please fetch us some tea?"

Bryn's large emerald eyes lingered on the spirit as she eyed her nervously. She then tore her attention away from Shiroi, nodded to her master, and scurried from the room.

"Make yourself at home," Rylzyr said as he took a seat at the table.

Medievarad

Shioroi Usagi smiled softly as she looked at Bryn, nodding her greetings, before sitting down to face Ryzlyr. "Is this where you live, master Ryzlyr?" She asked with a soft smile. "It is nice."

Fukurou

"Thank you." Rylzyr folded his hands on the table and studied the spirit. "So, my dear Shiroi Usagi, what exactly happened to you?"

Medievarad

The spirit shook her head. "I.. I do not know," she answered. "My memories have faded as I grew more and more pale. Unable to keep my own existence."

Fukurou

"I see... I supposed you don't know how long it's been happening for?"

Medievarad

"Several weeks," Shiroi Usagi answered, frowning softly under the mask.

Fukurou

"Hm..." Rylzyr pursed his lips as he crossed his arms and sank down into his seat. "So... "

Before Rylzyr could finish his thought, Bryn scurried back into the room carrying two steaming cups of herbal tea. She placed them in front of Rylzyr and Shiroi Usagi respectively then took a step back, eyeing each of them tentatively.

"Who the heck's that?" she finally asked, turning to Rylzyr and chucking her thumb in the direction of the spirit.

Medievarad

Shiroi Usagi was still focussed on Ryalyr, before she turned to look up at Bryn who entered the room, smiling and nodding her thanks as she recieved her cup of tea.

The spirit didn't seem to rzact to Bryn's rather forward way of questioning, instead, she took the cup and examined it, before bringing it up to her nose and sniffing it.

Fukurou

"This is Shiroi Usagi," Rylzyr said. "The spirit the spirit that's been plaguing you oh so very much." He gave his apprentice a teasing smirk, to which she replied with a short huff and a stop of her foot.

"Well excuse me if I don't like it when things go flying across the room randomly!" Bryn pursed her lips and shot a glance at the spirit. "What the hell's with you and all these spirits anyway?"

Rylzyr chuckled and turned to Shiroi. "Please excuse my apprentice, my dear. She was apparently raised in a barn and thus has no manners."

Medievarad

The spirit had put the cup down, smiling softly at the exchange. "It's alright, master Ryzlyr," she glanced at him, before back to Bryn and rose from her seat, approaching his apprentice.

When she was stood infront of Bryn, she suddenly dropped to one knee,  inclining her head for the apprentice. "I am truly sorry, master Bryn," she stated. "I did not mean to trouble you, but I was desperate."

The spirit rose again, grabbing Bryn's hands. The woman would feel a soft and soothing aura exuding from her, yet at the same time, the spirit tried to measure Bryn's soul. Whether it was as fragmented as Ryzlyr's.

Shiroi Usagi looked up at Bryn as she did so, smiling softly. "I was growing weak, pale. And fading," the smile turned to a sad one. "I was dying, master Bryn. So I tried to be noticed, in hopes I was provided an audience."

Fukurou

Bryn opened her mouth to argue with Rylzyr but before she could, her attention was torn away by the spirit.

As the Shiroi Usagi grabbed Bryn's hand, the spirit could feel that the young girl's soul was whole and healthy, unlike her master's.

"Uhm..." Bryn blushed, suddenly embarrassed. "It's-it's okay. Really. No harm done?" Her freckled face broke out in a sheepish smile. Truth be told, it wasn't so much Shiroi herself that bothered her, but more of the fact that she was still unaccustomed to spirits and the like.

Medievarad

Shiroi Usagi let out a soft smile as she sensed that Bryn's soul was still pure. So, she could only focus on cleansing Ryzlyr's soul first. She didn't know what it was, but the man was involved in some very dark dealings.

"I hope I did no harm to you, master Bryn," Shiroi Usagi replied with a soft nod, inclining her head again as she let her hands go and stepped back.

Fukurou

"Yup. Nope. Totally fine." She gave the spirit an awkward smile as she took a step back. "Don't, uh, worry bout it, 'kay?" She shot a glance towards her master, who just shook his head and chuckled as he watched his apprentice squirm. Bryn turned back to Shiroi Usagi and stared at her for several awkward seconds, her eyes glimmering with apprehension. "You... uh... okay? Are you sick?" She finally said before whipping her head back to Rylzyr and whispering, "do spirits even get sick?"

Medievarad

"I shan't worry about it, master Bryn," she answered with a soft smile, her own fingers lacing together infront of her waist. "I am now, I have healed," she answered with the same soft smile, before glancing at Rylzyr and coughing softly. "If I may answer that?" Shiroi Usagi asked with a soft smile.

Fukurou

Rylzyr shrugged. "I... don't see why not."

Medievarad

Shiroi Usagi nodded slowly, before looking to Bryn again. "Some spirits.. Fade. They grow pale, lose their memories and will ultimately dissappear." She sighed softly. "It was happening to me. This process can be triggered by a variety of things, but in my case, I think it was oblivion." She smiled sadly. "Hence why I tried my very best to be noticed."

Fukurou

"Ooooooh..." Bryn nodded her head slowly. Although she felt a bit more at ease knowing the spirit was benevolent, she couldn't help but feel quite wary while talking to her, and it certainly showed in the way she was carrying herself. The Wood Elf half-smiled, half-grimaced as she teetered her weight anxiously back and forth, from one leg to another. "I'm.... glad you're better, but..." she paused, glancing over at the entrance to the kitchen "I gotta go make dinner! Bye!" And before anyone could so much as get a syllable in, Bryn rushed out of the room.

"My apprentice..." Rylzyr chuckled. He was leaning back in his chair with his arms up and his hands folded behind hid neck. "She's... something else. That's for sure."

Medievarad

Shiroi Usagi watched Bryn bolting off with a soft smile. The childlike behaviour and curiousity were heartwarming to tje spirit.

She glanced back at Ryzlyr, still donning the same gentle smile. "She is.. Seems like a handful. An innocent and eager child."

Fukurou

Rylzyr let out a long sigh. "That, she is." He paused for a moment, staring off into space as he pondered. "Bryn's... been through a lot," he finally said. "Too much. She needs a little stability in her life, but I fear that I'm not able to sufficiently provide her with that... Still, it's more than she's had before."

Medievarad

Shiroi Usagi arched an eyebrow underneath her mask. Her lips became a thin line by being pressed together. She shook her head and took a deep sigh.

"I still owe you, master Ryzlyr," she started, rising with a soft sigh. "If you wish for me to provide the stability she needs.. I am more than certain you have a way of linking myself tobher soul, rather than the fragments of your own." She frowned as she thought about her own words. "My apologies. I meant no offense with that, I am still deeplt grateful," she added with a small, apolegetic smile.