Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

A Failed Sacrifice [Ask First][M]

Started by Chrimson, July 07, 2016, 06:33:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chrimson

Having heard some rumors at a nearby town about a human like creature in the forest that eats people a lone man in a black cloak is walking through those very same woods at night seemingly without a care in the world.

After several more moments of walking he sighs to himself. "Normally I don't check rumors like this but the people living there were quite insistent on me going.. It's not like I had anything else better to do, and they did give me a lot of free food so there is another reason I suppose..." He only sighs again after talking to himself. Passing by another several trees he spies a clean looking pond and decides to rest there for a bit as he thinks of where to look next in these woods.

Ice

There were reasons the people avoided these woods. There were creatures here that terrified the locals. One such creature was making her way through the woods. She growled to herself as she moved past the trees and plants of the woods. Something was here . She could smell them. She moved quietly smiling as she went. If they were powerful enough maybe she could use them. If not she would just eat them. With way it was a win win situation.

As she got closer to the male she was sure to keep quiet. Then he came in to view. He did not seem all that impressive to her. She decided to let him know she was there. So she gave a terrifying howling growl. It seemed to vibrate the very woods they were in. That should have been enough to state him.

Chrimson

He had not even been sitting there for a minute when a loud howl was let out decently nearby. Looking over to where the noise came from he spots what seems to be a human. "Huh... Well at least I don't have to search much farther.." He says to himself at seeing how things tend to go well a lot of the time. Making a motion with one of his hands as if to tell them to come over he then takes out a loaf of bread and precedes to eat it in the same lazily calm manner.

Ice

Now most would have ran at the sound of her evil howl. This man however was not scared. Maybe she would have to investigate this man. She then saw him seem to wave her over. Well that meant that he saw her. She would have to get better at hiding one day. He glowing green eyes shimmered in the darkness as she moved to come closer. But not to close as this male could be dangerous still.

" Such a brave creature you must be. But you must know that it's dangerous out here .... alone. " She said pausing as she thought of the right word. She stopped a few feet from him now. She smiled at him and put her hand over the beautiful amulet on her neck. For some reason she was interested in man.

Chrimson

Thinking a bit he puts half a loaf of bread on his leg then turns to look at her. "I wouldn't really say it's brave for me to come out here alone.. It's more like I know how to handle myself in many different situations." He says to her not seeming to even be bothered by her appearance.

"Course if it's dangerous out here, what would a lady like yourself be doing out here in the night?" While saying that he prepares to manipulate the distance between them in case she tries to attack.

Ice

The ghoul watched the strange man carefully now. She was not sure certain what to make of him. It was almost as if he had no fear. Of course she knew that everyone feared something. Even she had fears . Though being a monster meant she learned never to show it no matter what. " Hum I see that's a way to look at things" she said with a thoughtful look now.

Then came his question. She looked at him a gave a little snicker ." Well I can't very well live in a town. I am a monster as you can see." She stated flatly. She was thinking that this male was very odd. Most just wanted to either run a the brave few wanted to try to kill her. Never did they want to talk to her like this.

Chrimson

Taking out a wine skin from his cloak he drinks from it and after a few seconds puts it back though while he did so moonlight struck what seemed like a curved blade being carried underneath it. "Everyone sees things or thinks differently. Course it may just be me that acts like this" He says almost as an after thought. Yawning he puts his hands behind his head, lays down on his back and closes his eyes.

After several seconds pass an aura of death starts to radiate off of him "Even a monster can live in a town. Though it kind of just depends on how one acts around humans to do so." He talks with his eyes still closed as the feeling of a permanent death just keeps increasing. However just as the feeling was about to reach a suffocating level it stops so quickly it would make some wonder if it had ever even happened in the first place. "Well I'd like to get some rest soon... Do you know a good place in these woods where a guy like me can relax at?" Opening one of his eyes to look at the ghoul he asks this as if nothing had ever happened mere moments ago.

Ice

The ghoul was starting to wonder if this man was really what he seemed to be . Or if he was simply hiding something. As the moonlight struck his blade she took a step back. So he was armed . Well that was to be expected as he was here at night. " You are very ummm ..." she blinked forgetting the word she wanted to use. She was not really the brightest creature in the world. That was a curse that came with being a ghoul.

As he laid there she felt a strange feeling. Death. Something she feared. Something told her that he was causing the feeling. So he wasn't human. That was interesting to say the least. " Well to tell you the truth most don't like monster who eat people." She stated now. The feeling kept getting stronger. Though she knew not to show fear. Then just like that it was gone. She now looked at him as he spoke again.

" All I can offer is my fave. It's a ways down in to the forest." She said pointing in the direction she had came from.

Chrimson

"I believe the word you were looking for earlier was casual or something along those lines." Yawning again he finally pushes himself off the ground and stands up. "Now.. Are you sure your okay with me going there since it is your favorite place miss..... Huh.. We never did say our names did we?" He chuckles slightly at just realizing this.

Backing up a step or two he bows to her. "Anyways.. My name is chrim and I'm an adventuring shinigami that quit his job as a reaper... Could you tell me what your name is since calling you ghoul just makes me seem like I didn't even care to ask?" After saying this he seems to remember another thing and standing up straight again he reaches into his cloak and pulls out some beef. "Also do you eat beef, chicken or pork? Cause the villagers gave me way too much to come out here..."

Ice

The ghoul looked at him as he spoke . It seemed he was being nice to her still. She moved her hand off the amulet on her neck. It gleamed in the moon light. A light blueish tint glowed from it. If one were to look closely they would see that there was movement inside. It was a strange thing indeed.

" Heh thank you. I tend to be kind of forgetful at times." She said softly. Then came his next words . She smiled at him and revealed those sharp teeth of hers ." I am sure. If I wasn't I would not have invited you there. " She said softly. She was not used to other being friendly to her. It made her a bit uneasy. Maybe he was trying to use her or something.

" Yes . I am azura . I am just a ghoul I guess. I search for a worthy master." She said now. Then she realized that she let the last bit slip. Well no need in trying to cover that up she supposed. Then he offer her food. Now ghouls mostly at humans  . However she was the kind who could eat other kinds of meat when she was desperate. She was not tonight though.

" Well I can but I don't perfur it. " She said softly to him now.

Chrimson

Noticing the strange necklace he raises an eyebrow at it but does not mention anything about it since she seemed pretty intent on covering it a bit ago. "It's not a problem, also even people with the best of memory forget things over the course of time." He says to her in a reassuring sounding voice.

Then hearing her confirmation and name he smiles slightly. "I suppose that is true. Well then I appreciate and accept your offer Miss Azura." After saying that he walks over to and pats her head gently. "Also I wish you luck on finding someone to serve. Course I'm a little lazy so I'm probably not the best choice for master material." Chuckling slightly after saying that he puts the beef back in his cloak then starts to walk in the direction she pointed to earlier till he reaches a tree about three yards away and leans against it to look back at her. "It may be best if you lead the way since I don't want to make a wrong turn or accidentally pass it. My sense of direction is also decently bad..."

Ice

Azura smiled as she heard what the man said now. It was nice to know that someone understood. She then nodded " indeed." She said softly.   It was not very often that she me others like this. that were so calm .

She then heard him accept hir offer . That was also good. When he pated her though she had the instinct to almost jerk away. " Heh well I didn't mean for that to slip out. Sometimes I say thing by accident." She said softly. She thought of him as just an acquaintance for now.

As he walked she moved to follow him. Then when he stopped to speak she laughed a bit . " Well that might be a good idea then. It might not be good to get lost here." She said softly. She the walked to where he was . She started to lead him to her cave.

Chrimson

"Yeah just cause I'm a shinigami doesn't mean I won't have a bit of trouble with some of the things in these woods."He says to her then after she passes he starts to follow deeper into the woods to her cave. During the walk however it seems he decided not to talk for a bit or he was concentrating on something else since he didn't say much of anything at all while on the trip. If azura was to look back at him however she would notice that he has actually apparently mastered sleepwalking and is just doing so while following her exact path.

Ice

Azura noted how quite the man was as they walked through the woods. For a bit she just thought he had run out of things to say. So she glanced back and started to as if she needed to slow down or anything.  That is when she noticed that he seemed to be sleeping. Well that was very odd that was for sure. However she decided just to keep on walking. There was no use in bothering him.

Chrimson

After a couple of minutes pass a yawn comes from chrim as he seems to slowly wake back up. "Hm... It seems I dozed off a bit there.... Anyways how much further is your cave Azura?" While he was asking that he stretches a bit causing several loud pops to be heard.

Ice

Azura heard the man starting to wake up now. She had to laugh to herself at how odd he was." Indeed you did. It's just up here" she said. She heard the pops and smirked a bit. if she did that something would fall off. that was a cures of being undead. things started to fall off after a while. After a few more minutes of walking they were there . The cave was not all that fantastic on the outside. However once one got in it would be a different story.

Chrimson

"Then it seems I woke at just the right time." He chuckles slightly as well then finishing with his stretching he looks over the outside of the cave. "Yeah it's definitely just an ordinary cave on the outside. Course caves are usually good at keeping cool in the summer and warm in the winter so you chose a nice place Azura." While saying that he follows her into the cave.

Ice

Azura smiled at the man as he spoke now. " It seems that you did." She said with a smile now. She then lead him into the cave. She smiled at what he said as they entered ." Indeed it is . However it's how you set it up that counts. And thank you very much" She said with a smile. She then lead him on inside.

On the inside the cave was decorated much like a rich nobles home. She often found that stealing things that were pretty was pleasure to her. She then smiled and said. " This is where I spend most of my time."

Chrimson

"I have to agree with you there." He replies. Course seeing the inside of the cave he let's out a small whistle. "I have to say that this is one of the fanciest and most likely comfiest caves Iv'e seen in a while."

After looking around the inside a bit he looks back to her and smiles slightly. "It is nice to know that you aren't just living in a hole in the ground somewhere like other ghouls Iv'e met in the past. But on another note... How did you carry some of these things here Azura?"

Ice

Asus smiled as she listened to what the man was saying. Most were surprised at how her cave looked. She was one of the few who still cared how her home looked. Even if she was dead. " Thank you." She said with a smile. Indeed it was very comfortable. When one spent a lot of time in a place they often made the best of it.

She heard what he said next. She gave a small giggle and looked down at her feet for a second." Well I used to have a master. He had horses that he let me use to get stuff here. " She said. She did not add that she was also very strong. Or that she stole from close by places. That would remain a secret.