Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

A Failed Sacrifice [Ask First][M]

Started by Chrimson, July 07, 2016, 06:33:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chrimson

"I'm only telling the truth so there is no need to thank me." Chrim says waving his hand dismissively, then deciding to he sits in a chair that's next to a table and gestures to another chair close by if she wishes to do the same.

Course hearing a bit about her old master he gets slightly curious. "I see... Now if you don't mind me asking what was your old master like, and what happened to them?"

Ice

Azura listener to what he now was saying. She did not really speak much about her past master. Mostly because it was her fault that he was gone. " Well he was a very nice sort of person. He was the kind who wanted nothing more then to protect his family. then there was a bit of an accident that caused his death. It not something I like talking about. " She said sofly. She then shifters bit showing that she was very uncomfortable now.

Chrimson

Seeing how she acted when he brought up her master he frowns slightly though it's directed at himself. "I.. apologize for asking that since it brought up a bad memory, also I'm sorry for your loss...." Thinking a bit he then decides to stand back up and walking over to her he gently pats her on the head and gives her a smile. "Hey Azura, how would you like a gift as a another way for me to say I'm sorry and as thanks for letting me stay here?"

Ice

Aura was clearing her mind. She was never one to allow her bad feeling to take over. That would only serve to hinder her. She then heard what the man said. She smiled slightly at him. He did not have to be sorry. It was not his fault. " It's not your fault. You did not know Hun." She said softly. She still had to hold back a flinch when he touched her. She smiled softly avast what he said next.

" You are very kind. But why be nice to a monster? I mean I am not even alive. Why do you seem to care? " She asked. She was curious now. She wanted to know why he ever cared how she felt. Most did not even care.

Chrimson

"That may be so about me not knowing but I will still apologize. Also I used to deal with talking to the dead on a daily basis so you seem pretty normal to me... Course I suppose the man-eating part and having a body differs a little but it did happen a few times during my previous line of work so it was not uncommon." Then seeming to think back a little he shrugs.

"Anyways about that gift I mentioned..." Reaching into his cloak he opens a pouch inside then after a few seconds he smiles slightly. "Heh I thought I lost it for a second there anyways would you like this Azura?" Saying that he pulls out a bracelet that looks like this. "Course I have to let you know that it may have another effect you may like." Saying that with a slight smile he holds it in front of her so she may choose to take it or not.

(If azura puts it on it'll allow her to look basically like a normal human but only when she is wearing it. Also she will still have all the abilities she had before she put it on.)

Ice

Azura smiled at the man kind words. It seemed that he was used to her kind. Well that was always good. She looked at him as he looked like he was thinking. Apparently he had had many experiences. Or something like that. She cleared her mind to straighten out her thoughts. " Heh I see well that makes sense to me. Heh not many really are able to get past that. Or I ... heh eat them." She said with a nervous laugh.

Then he mentioned the gift again. She watched as he dug in his pouch. She saw the very beautiful bracelet he held out for her. " That is very pretty. " She said then smile at him " thank you." She said taking his gift. " What effect is that?" She asked holding the bracelet now.

Chrimson

"If I remember correctly it should allow a being that either was or is part human to look and feel like a full human for as long as they wear it course they will still have all their strength and magic from before.. I'm pretty sure it should work on the undead as well though I think there was something else about it I'm forgetting....." Thinking very deeply on this chrim then shrugs again. "Well if it was bad I'm sure I'd remember it, course it is up to you if you'll wear it or not in the first place."

After a few seconds he let's out a yawn. "On another note though I think I'll finally get some rest... Can you wake me up when it turns day Azura?" While saying that he walks back to the chair he was in before and sits in it.

(I'll let you choose if there is another effect or not and what it is)

Ice

Aura was listening to what the man was saying.what he said did sound pretty good to her. " Okay that sound alright. I'm sure that it will be okay." She said softly. She then heard what else he said. She did not need sleep herself . She nodded. " Yes I can do that. Would you like a blanket or a pillow?" She asked. She wanted to make certain that her guest was comfortable.

Chrimson

Hearing her question chrim chuckles slightly. "Though I appreciate the offer, I'm okay with neither. On that note one or both would be nice if you yourself don't need them." With that he closes his eyes while still in the chair. "Course on yet another note, I did hear that there will be a storm soon. So if anything happens while I am resting you are free to wake me if you need me for anything."

Ice

Ashes gave a smile to the man now. She actually never used the blanket and pillow she had. They were there for those who she actually let visit her. Which were not very many ." Okay. I don't need them. I don't really sleep ." She said softly now.

She the agent and got him a pillow and a very soft fur blanket.  As she was doing this she heard what he was saying. " Okay I shall remember that. " She said . " Here you go." She said handing him the blanket and pillow. It was strange to have company to her. She was always used to just being alone.

Chrimson

"I suppose that is true course I mostly just sleep as a was to pass time." With that he chuckles slightly and taking the blanket and pillow he smiles at her.  "Anyways, thanks again for letting me stay the night Azura. I'll see you in the morning." Taking out his scythe he places it against his chair then putting the pillow behind his head and the blanket over himself he proceeds to practically pass out.

(Should we time skip to somewhere at midnight or the morning? Or should we not?)

Ice

Azura smiled to the man now. She would just watch the thing outside. That was mostly what she did when she was not eating humans. " Good night see you then." She said softly. She let him fall asleep. It would be a quiet night hopefully. She knew that there were times when the woods were not a quiet place.

( Yes we can skip time to sign one you want.)

Chrimson

(Well dang I usually suck at deciding things.. But I actually thought up a great idea ^^)

It's several hours later in the night since the shinigami chrim fell asleep and seeming to have told the truth earlier it is now raining decently heavily outside. What chrim didn't notice however (or maybe he was just too lazy to care about it) is that one of the villagers had placed a tracking spell on him while he was at the village so a good few of them are on their way to his location to kill the 'monster' that has been terrorizing them.

The one who seems to be the group leader stops the others at a pond then crouching he looks at the ground closer. After a bit he stands back up and turns to the other people he brought. "It looks to me as if he may have met the creature around this spot. Sadly I don't know what his fate was since this storm would have washed away the evidence of a fight... But we will have to find out later since the reason we are all out here this late in the night is to kill the monster that's been terrorizing where we live, so let's go find it and send it to the grave!!" Shouting that to the crowd the other villagers raise their pitchfork's and axe's then give varying comments along the lines of: "Hell yeah!" "Freakin finally." and "I wish I hadn't lost....."

Gaius The Solemn

Roman was not one of the voices among the crowd. Instead he stood silently, his pipe hanging from his mouth, unlit due to the rain. He truly did hate other people, but these people were paying him to kill, so he would have to put up with them for a little while longer. Griping to himself, " These morons, I should just let that ghoul slaughter them. An empty village would make a nice home.."

He cracked his neck by leaning his head left and right, it was time to start working. Roman started brazenly shoving people out of his way to get to the front of the mob.

Once he got about halfway through, one of the guys he pushed over grabbed his arm and gruffed, "Watch where you're walking, bud." The man was a bit bigger than Roman and already pumped up to fight their monster. He was not ready to fight Roman though.

Roman spun around and grabbed the man by the neck and pulled him face to face. With Roman's angry murmur he responded to the man, "FFff-fuck. Off."

He pushed the man back into the crowd and continued on until he got to the front with the leader. Roman unsheathed his blade as he approached the man, "Where is it? I'm starting to want to kill all of you more than that ghoul." Smoke had begun to dribble out of the corners of his mouth, he was ready to fight.

Chrimson

After he was pushed back the other man was about to go after roman when another of the people grabbed his shoulder and told him to save it for the monster. Course the leader of the group seeing their hired thug coming up to him with blade drawn widened his eyes slightly before quickly composing himself then starts to chuckle instead. "Your quite ready to kill the beast aren't you? Well it should be a four or five minute walk to where the mage said they should be at. Course if it ends up the stranger already killed it you will be payed double for us troubling you so try and not to kill or harm any of the other villagers. Course on that note... If the stranger is alive you have to kill him so he tells nobody that we used him as bait for the ghoul. Basically I will pay you four times the original amount in total if this happens okay merc..." The man says then whispers the last part since having dealt with mercs before he knows most of them only care about money and the other villagers must not know the real reason why the stranger was sent after the monster.

Then looking to the rest of the crowd he then shouts at them. "As you may have heard from my conversation with this man the beast should be only five minutes away at the max north-east from here so follow me everyone!" With that he starts to walk in the direction the cave is in with the other 7 villagers following him.

(The words said in Italics are whispered for this post)

Gaius The Solemn

The sound of quadruple pay was music to Roman's ears. He grunted in approval and backed off of the man, giving him ample room to speak. Roman kept his blade in his hand as he followed along with the rest of the men. The rain was still pouring down on them, it wasn't flood-worthy, but still enough to inconvenience them.

It didn't really slow them down that much, give or take a few seconds, the cave was so close. Before long the mouth of the cave was within sight. Roman crouched down, his green cloak making him like a shrub. He looked over to the rest of the men and saw they were readying themselves as well. He then turned his attention back to the cave, it was difficult to see anything in detail with the current conditions, but he could barely make out the silhouette of a person.

A faint smile split his lips as he murmured to himself, "Looks like the other guy was eaten after all.."

His grip tightened around the hilt of his blade even further, all he has to do is wait for the others to get seen by the monster. Then he would strike.

Ice

Asus was in her cave . She could hear something coming close. She had hearing more sensitive than human hearing.. she gave a low growl. She was not sure who or what was out there. However she would protect her home no matter what. She was not scared of the living. She would kill if she had to. She looked over to the sleeping man.  She would not bother him just yet.

Chrimson

While the villagers were getting into different positions in the forested surroundings the leader (I'll just call them Brom now) goes over to where roman is while doing his best to keep himself out of the cave's sight. Getting within a couple foot from them he whispers "I'm going to send in two of the others to try and lure the monster out. If that plan works I'll need you to take it out as fast as you can. Course if it is smart enough to not come out here then we will all charge in after it as a distraction so that it'll be easier for you to catch it unaware and kill it. Course if you have a better plan of action I'm willing to listen to what you have to say on this if you feel like it."

While everyone else is getting in position for the attack two ax wielding villagers position themselves on either side of the cave entrance while making sure they won't be seen by anything that may be inside as they wait for the signal to move in.

Gaius The Solemn

Roman nodded his head as he listened. It seemed like it would be a simple plan. He thoughts for a moment on whether is should be fighting in the rain or in the cave, but came to the conclusio nthat it didn't really matter.

He shrugged slightly, "I have ways to deal in both the wet and dry... but if we do have to go in, then I'd suggest that you and your men cover your eyes and mouth. My skills are very effective in close quarters."

He pulled the pipe into his mouth a little bit more and bit down on the mouthpiece using the right side of his jaw. After a couple of seconds, smoke started to pour out of the bowl pack of the pipe. It wasn't normal smoke by any means, instead of floating off into the air, this smoke started to fall down to the ground, it would soon cover the wet ground around him with a thick layer of gray smoke.

He looked at the cave and then back to Brom, "Send them in."

Roman held his blade at the ready, it was finally time for him to fight.