Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Man of the Snow (Discontinued)

Started by Icepop213, July 22, 2016, 12:35:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Icepop213

Varric rarely came into town to town other than to trade. But in this particular instance, he had decided that some time in town would do him good. He had entered an old inn, rundown and infested with every type of varmint one could think of. He planned on staying for just one night, but a blizzard that had occurred that night hindered him from leaving. And so he sat, sipping down a bottle of ale, feet up on the small wooden table at which he sat. His wolf, Shepherd, sat on the floor next to him, gnawing on a piece of steak. Varric looked out the window, but saw nothing but white. The inn was full, which was a novelty considering the condition of the place. Varric's bow and quiver of arrows were laying on the floor next to him and his coat was resting on the back of his chair.

Elector Count of WAAAGH!

The door swung open, but most of the patrons in the old inn would only see the snow blow in, before the door slammed shut. A few of the patrons moved to the side, revealing a dwarf who was shaking off some snow.

THe dwarf was chuckling to himself and mumbling somthing before going up to the bar. He pulled out a stoll, and began to climb it trying to keep balance. He tossed his bag down next to him as well as set his weapons down, before sliding some coins across the counter along with his iron mug.

"I pint of your strongest Guzzen, Umgri." said the Dwarf. THe innkeeper just gave him a look before Josef bursted out in laughter "Haha, I forgot you don't speak Khazalid! Hehe, I meant a pint of your strongest Ale, manling." The innkeeper nodded before going to fill his mug.

Icepop213

Varric watched as the doors swung open and the the snow rushed in, turning everything near them white. When the snow cleared, he saw a dwarf walking toward the bar. He watched as the dwarf talked and laughed as he slid some coins and a mug toward the innkeeper, who slid the coins in his pocket and went to fill the mug. Varric sighed and took another sip of his own ale and leaned back, his chair now balanced on its two hind legs. He looked out the window again to see if the storm was starting to clear up, but still saw nothing. He pulled out a small log of wood which he had started to carve earlier that day. He took out a small nail and started to etch out a few marks on the wood. He now regretted leaving the rest of his carving tools out at his camp, as they were probably ruined by now. Shepherd started whining, and Varric looked down to see that the large piece of steak he was eating was gone. He chuckled and said, "Sorry, Shep. I've no more steak for you." First he and then the wolf yawned. Varric shook the sleep away. He didn't want to have to pay for another night if the storm settled. He simply kept scratching at the piece of wood.

Elector Count of WAAAGH!

"Some whether we're having, eh?" said the Dwarf after he finished chugging. "No sign of stopping! It was for me especially, hardly could see where I was going with all this snow! Haha. But tell me Umgri, I'm a bit new around here, where exactly am I?"

Icepop213

Varric looked at the dwarf and chuckled. "Some dirty town outside Hyoite is all I can tell ya'. Don't usually stay around long enough to learn the names. I stick to the forests, mostly. Only come in to trade my furs. Oh, I'm Varric. I hunt around these parts. Only reason I'm in town is because of this damned blizzard. Probably gonna end up payin' another night," Varric said, clearly annoyed. He eyed the innkeeper, who was smiling to himself and counting his coins. Varric sighed. 'Will this storm ever end?' he thought to himself.

Elector Count of WAAAGH!

"By the looks of it, it's barely started." the Dwarf chuckled as he grabbed the mug and began to chug.

After one large chug he wiped his mouth and to Varric. "The names Josef Grinsbeard, it's a pleasure. Simply passing through on the way to the capital... since your some sort of hunter I don't suppose you know of any... alternative routes from here?"

Tags: