Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The Tale of Two Thieves [Jynx]

Started by Fukurou, May 08, 2016, 01:40:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fukurou

"Hey mister," a small wood elf tugged at the coat of a passerby, giving her a sad look as she spoke. "Couldja spare some food for a poor little girl?"

"Huh?" The woman turned around and eyed the elf. "Scram, you little street rat!" She shooed the girl away and hurried off in the opposite direction.

Bryn's face cracked with a wide, devious smile as she watched the woman walk away. She tossed a fat coin purse in the air, humming as she walked into the nearest ally way. "Such a nice woman," she giggled as she fished through the contents of the purse. "To give me so much money."

Jynx

From the other end of the ally way a figure approaches, moving on silent feet. He isn't very physically imposing, but he has a smirk on his face, bright eyes scanning the small girl up and down. Street rat, he thinks to himself, a fitting name for sure.

Just as Vance is about to walk right up to the girl he realizes he may frighten her away. Wouldn't want that now would we? It was always fascinating to meet new people, and this little girl already seemed like quiet the person. He is almost standing right above her as he clears his throat to announce his presence, still smirking.

Cough Cough

Fukurou

Bryn shoves the coin purse into her pocket amd drew her dagger, ready to strike if needed. Green met green as Bryn's eyes locked with the stranger's.

"Whatcha smirkin' at?" A scowl broke across the girl's freckled face as she eyed the man defensively. This was her catch and she wasn't going to give it up without a fight.

Jynx

Vance put his hands up, chuckling quietly to himself. He kept his hands up to show he had no weapons drawn. Feisty little devil. He was going to have to be careful, as he really did not want to pull a knife on this girl. He looked her up and down, freckled face scowling up at him. She had prominent elvish features, such as the large eyes that nearly matched his in colour. 

"Hey there lit-, I mean... Hey there, calm down. I don't want your coins." He resisted the urge to call her little one. I'm sure she's heard that more than enough.  "I just want to talk to you. How 'bout I buy you some food?" Grinning widely, he thought about how much this girl reminded him of himself and a time when he would draw a dagger in any situation that looked difficult. In all honesty this girl really was very interesting, but if she was stealing there was probably a good reason. The offer of food seemed to be a safe bet. Vance just had to remember to watch his coin around this one, not that he thought she could really take anything from him. He never kept his valuables in places easy to access.  He hoped she would spend some time talking to him. Living the life he did, allies could be hard to come by, and she could probably use the help. Though Vance was not entirely sure what he planned to do with this little elf, he was never one to shy away from something new.

Fukurou

Bryn's scowl twisted into a smirk at the mention of food. Ah, glorious food. If there was anything the Bryn loved more than coin, it had to be food, especially --

"Got any cookies, Mister?" A twinkle of excitement lit up in Bryn's eyes as the sheathed her dagger. Although still suspicious of the man before her, Bryn was relieved at his apparent friendliness. She didn't want to fight. In fact, she doubted that she even had a fair chance against him. Her plan was to stab, run, and pray, but it didn't look as though this mattered any more.

Jynx

Vance chuckled.

"Well I think we could go buy some for sure!" He stepped out of the alley and started walking down the street, the girl in tow. "So, who are you exactly? What is an elf girl doing out here on her own stealing from people?"

Fukurou

Bryn's eyes twisted up towards the sky as she contemplated her answer. "Just somethin' I've always done, I guess." She shrugged, giving the man a cheeky smirk. This was mostly the truth -- it was always something she had to do, and it just stuck with her. "Why'd ya ask?"

Jynx

"Just curious what such a young elf is doing out on her own." They continued to walk, Vance leading her towards a bakers stand. He looked down at the girl. He could spare some coin for her. In truth he had plenty to feed her as much as she could want. Vance smiled kindly. "Here we are, get whatever you want. You must be hungry."

Fukurou

Bryn beamed at the man and scurried on ahead, excited for some free food. Right as she reached the food stall, she hesitated and gave the man a skeptical look. "Are... are you sure?"

Jynx

Vance smiled but put on a more commanding tone. "Look kid, if I wasn't serious I would not have offered. If I had wanted anything from you I would have gotten it in the alley when we were alone. Get anything you want and then we will find somewhere to sit and talk. Sound like a good idea?"

Fukurou

"Heh, suit yourself!" Bryn spun on her heels and pranced over to the stall, picking out several cookies and a slice of pie. With a short nod, the man handed the baker the money and the pair made their way over to a bench beneath the tree. Bryn glanced up at the man next to her. "Thank you, sir," she said with a mouthful of pie.