Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Safety in numbers. [M]

Started by Medievarad, August 05, 2016, 02:26:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Medievarad

Arca.

Sunriel snorted softly as he glanced down at Lupus, pushing the green cowl from his head. Really a shithole like any other. He smirked spftly at his own cynical thoughts, before looking at his wolf, then to the setting sun. "How about we hire a room for a change, Lupus?" He asked the wolf as he idly petted the creature's head. It merely growled in response and Sunriel snorted. "We have the money," he retorted, turning on his heels. "Come." He commanded easily, the wolf bouncing behind him.

The wood elf pushed open the door, sensitive nose crinkling at the aroma, a mixture of alcohol, stew, spices and a lot of  sweat. He glanced Lupus, who sneezed. He shrugged slowly. "Anything for a warm night not against yer stinking fur," he defended himself from the wolf's gaze.

Elector Count of WAAAGH!

"...and then! When he was still going on about how great he supposidly is, I whiffed him right in the jaws." exclaimed Josef with a laugh. "I swear by my beard I must of sent him into tears! He started yelling that he had dangerous friends or whatnot, but at that point I wanted to give him another proper smacking! And he ran faster than the northern winds itself.

Josef was currently sitting on one of the stolls near the inn counter telling one of his stories to the innkeeper and another traveler.

"Quite the story, master dwarf, but do you think it was wise to be pissing him off like that? Who knows? He might actually have some dangerous allies." replied the traveler.

"Well if he does, they'd have ta find me first! And even if they so wished, I'd say to you this:Let them come! Haha!." the Dwarf laughed as he took a chug out of his iron mug.

Medievarad

Sunriel let out a tired sigh as one voice rose above all of the usual chatter. A dwarf, ofcourse it was a dwarf. The wood elf walked towards the counter, his race being quite obvious with his hood lowered.

He snorted softly, trying to hire a room for the night. And there was one available, though it wasn't ready yet. It still had to be cleaned and such. So, the warden tried to be friendly and gave him a tankard of ale on the house. Sunriel shrugged and took the tankard, more out of politeness rather than anything else. He sat down in a quite corner, rubbing jis temples, ears twitching almost painfully at the noise. But, alas. He had no choice but to stay here.

And his deep brown eyes subconciously wandered to the loudest person in the room. The unknown dwarf.

Elector Count of WAAAGH!

"So, what do you plan on doing in the morning?" asked the innkeeper.

"Oh I plan on moving again. Possibly making my way to Connlaoth or even Adela... You know I've once help slain a dragon."

"Really now?"

"It is a true story! Help track it down, though the details of actually slaying are bit... silly, I admit. But I've yet to see a proper dragon up close, I here Adela's filled with dragons. Is that true?"

"Hm, I'm no expert to be honest..." replied the Innkeeper.
"Me neither, I haven't even set foot out of Serendipity ever!"

"Well that's a pity, but eventually I will find out for myself." exclaimed the dwarf with a laugh. Grabbing his mug, he once more downed some more alcohol.

Medievarad

Sunriel sat back in his seat, having taken a sip from the ale and severely disliking the taste, he glanced back at the dwarf. "It's true. Adela has some dragons. But pray to your gods you do not encounter an untamed one," he peaked up, snorting softly, before sitting back.

Elector Count of WAAAGH!

"Well, hehe, I'd like to see an untamed one... The one I fought was a little too civilized." Chuckled the Dwarf. "How big can they be?"

Medievarad

"Big," the elf replied, Lupus falling in with a soft whine. "And believe me, you don't. Those things tear through platoons." Sunriel sighed softly. "But by all means, I won't stop you from prodding a dragon with a stick."

At that, he leaned back in his seat, Lupus whining softly and resting his head on Sunriel's lap. The woof elf pulled out a slab of dried meat and fed it to Lupus, snorting and growling softly.

Elector Count of WAAAGH!

The Dwarf looked over and thought to himself "I seen small things do a lot of damage, can you be specific manling?"

Medievarad

"Varies. Take the size of this inn. Or the size of a mountain," he answered. "And elfkin," he corrected with a soft snort, the wolf growling slightly at the dwarf.

Elector Count of WAAAGH!

"Hehe, those are tiny compared to what I've seen elgi" Smiled the Dwarf as he took another chug of his mug. He was right, they're are a lot of elgi around here, even the pathetic kind... "Regardless, i still need to make my way around Le'raana one way or the other. Might as well move onto the dragon lands."

Medievarad

"Again, not stopping you," Sunriel replied. "Merely warning you."

Elector Count of WAAAGH!

"Good to no, pointy-ears." Replied the dwarf not even looking back.

Medievarad

Sunriel shrugged slowly, however, the wolf got to his feet with a snapped growl. Sunriel immediatly grabbed the pelt of the wolf's collar. "Down, Lupus. He's not your dinner. He's a dragon's. And I doudt he'd taste good or be healthy for you," he murmured to the wolf, who settled with a soft growl.

Elector Count of WAAAGH!

"Always wolves, why does it always need to be wolves." Mutter the dwarf. "Alright manlings, will see you in the morning." The dwarf got off his stool and retired to his room.

Medievarad

"They're loyal companions," Sunriel answered with a snort. "Though they'd have difficulty respecting someone like you." Lupus huffed softly, before yawning. "Yes, I'm tired too," Sunriel said to the wolf as he padded the creature's neck.

Elector Count of WAAAGH!

The dwarf spend the rest of the night preparing for his journey ahead. He inspected and polished his axes and shield, restrung his crossbow, checked his food supply, made sure everything was in working order, and lastly went over his maps. Afterwards he put his pipe, before begining to writing on a few pieces of paper...

Medievarad

When Sunriel finally got to his chamber, he immediatly got into bed, closing his eyes as Lupus slept besides him, guarding his master. Yet even before dawn, the wood elf rose and opened the window to leave, clambering down the inn from the second floor, the wolf actually managing to follow him.

Elector Count of WAAAGH!

Josef was back on the road again, he had his crossbow hefted on his shoulders and backpack on his back. He was singing/humming an ancient dwarven march, somthing he learned back in the days when he was a warrior of his hold...

Medievarad

Sunriel fell into step.next to the dwarf, Lupus trailing behind them. "Not changed your mind, huh?"

Elector Count of WAAAGH!

"Not in the slightest, elgi." said the dwarf nonchalantly, not even looking at the elf. "But no one asked you to come along."