Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

In search of Tarlaka

Started by Anonymous, January 17, 2006, 03:18:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Rend narrowed his eyes and eased himself into position, propping himself against the wall with one bent knee. With his rough hands deep in the pockets of his cotton training pants, Rend lowered his head and reflected for a moment on his feelings. For at this point, the youth felt much.

He would enter his twentieth year in coming months. Having trained and lived as a soldier for five years, and it was time, in his mind, to regain that which was so wrongly taken from him. The feelings he felt now paled in comparison to those he had felt just a few days prior.

With a carefully curled parchment in hand, Rend had made his way through the Castle, a privilege he was glad to possess as an Adelan Soldier. His travels through the Castle Grounds brought him to the room outside which he presently stood. At the time, as it was now, the room was empty. But he knew it to be the quarters of the Commander of the Adelan Knights, Tarlaka.

There had been a time when he was certain that he would have been familar to her. If not for his heritage alone, then surely for his reputation about the Military Academy. But now he was uncertain. The Commander of the Knights, he supposed, would rarely have time to concern herself with the goings on of the Soldiers. A veteran of four years since initiation he may have been, but he was no captain. Rend's aspirations had always taken him higher than that of a mere Soldier.

A few days prior to now, Rend had stepped into the empty room, and taking one final look over the parchment in his hands, had left it where it would undoubtedly be found.

Quote from: "The_Parchment"Tarlaka
Commander of the Adelan Knights

My name is Rend De'Lacor. For the first fifteen years of my life I was raised, taught and trained as one of noble birth. With the falling of my father, and the shaming of my family (the details of which I am sure you are aware) I came into the service of our illustrious Military.

Now, after years of dedicated service I come to you, seeking your guidance and teachings. The call of service to my Kingdom beckons me. Yet I have no way to prove my worth, my prowess, other than to seek you and humble myself before you.

I request a meeting, in person. Two days from the day you receive this. There, I shall explain more. Until then, good day.

Rend De'Lacor

It had pained the youth to sign his name at the bottom of the parchment, as memories of a time when his family seal would have sufficed flowed through his troubled mind. He had waited long to reclaim what he saw as his birthright, and this was the first step of many he would take to achieve it.

And now he waited, against the wall of the corridor 'side her quarters. His lengthening hair, the colour of pale wheat, hanging before his eyes of brilliant azure. Rend exhaled once, slowly and purposefully. Pondering how this meeting would end.

Would she accept him as her apprentice? Or would he be forced to find, another means to achieve his end? Only time, and patience, would tell.

OOC: Hey! Hope this isn't too much of a shock, or out of line :-) I'll post a link to a thread I have written that explains what happened to Rend to have his family disgraced and his title of noble stripped from him, to make it easier. I'm not sure whether you want Tarlaka to know of him or not, so it's all up to you from here :-)

OOC: EDIT- Brief explanation of Ren's past

Anonymous

Returning from her rounds, which she was beginning to detest because of the people she was starting to run into while on her rounds. Tarlaka ran a gloved hand through her hair and continued down the hall, oh no, another male. For a second, Tarlaka went cross eyed before continueing down the hall, okay, so he must want to talk to her about something. Than that note thing flickered through her mind, ah, it's been two days since she's gotten it, he must be waiting to see if she'll help him  out. Though Tarlaka didn't see what she could teach him, a full fledge soldier, what he didn't already know. Looking over her shoulder, slightly moving her wing out of the way before pulling the black feathered things tightly to her back. Since she was feeling so noce, when she came within decent viewing range, she didn't scowl. Still walking towards him, her boots making rythmic clicking noises against the floor, she stopped once she was a few feet away.

"You must be Rend De'Lacor... I'm Tarlaka."

Nodding slightly she put her hands on her hips and gave him a once over, yet again, he was taller. Tarlaka really couldn't see what he could teach him that he didn't already know, but, if he wanted her to help him out, she'd try. Tilting her head to the side, Tarlaka looked to the side and gave a nod. Now what?

"Do you want to know when we start?"

Maybe not the best thing to start doing while in the early stages of pregnancy, but she'd stop when it became more notiacble or she fainted... Okay, thats a lie, she'd blame fainting on the lack of sleep, which would still be half true.

((OOC: Gyah xP posted from school, no spell  check or 'nothin' so! Sorry that it sucks!))

Anonymous

Rend's eyes flashed open with bright blue magnificence at the sound of the approaching footsteps. He knew to whom they belonged, and instantly his demeanour changed. He pushed himself from his position against the wall and stood tall and at attention. Casting his eyes forward, with his hands by his side, the youth did not need to look at the Commander, he knew her form well. There were few around the castle and military who did not.

Rend was well aware of Tarlaka's beauty, but this had never been an issue for him. His respect for her grew from her position, a position that one could only earn through sheer determination and strength of character. This, was why he felt her his best option. And as usual, Rend would settle for nothing than the very best.

He saluted as she stopped to address him, and while she spoke his name, he knew within that she recognised him not. Admittedly it pained him, but he dared not let it show. Character flaws at this point were mostly undesirable to present.

"Yes Ma'am. And introduction from yourself is unnecessary." He let the words linger, then shifted his eyes from the space before him to her own, "You are known to many."

His voice was strong, proud and carrying that touch of authority that can only come from a noble upbringing. And yet it was free of pretention and self importance. His words oft touched the ears of those who listened like strong silk. And yet her next words left him without speech.

Relaxing his shoulders slightly, Rend turned to face the Commander front on, a wry smile on his face and an upturned furrow on his brow.

"Forgive me." He said after the briefest hesitation, "But you would have me as your Apprentice? To instruct and train me in the ways of Knighthood?" Rend's azure eyes were wide with surprise, and exhilarated disbelief. He could not believe what he was hearing. No testing of his character or examination of his worth? If this were a joke, Rend most certainly would have to laugh, else he would cry.

"For is this is truely the case M'Lady, then yes, I would very much like to have you tell me when we start."

Although like strong silk, these were still the words of a young warrior, daring to believe his ears against all hope. His trust in Tarlaka's actions and words shone through his eyes, fragile as silver glass.

Anonymous

Tapping her foot lightly, Tarlaka watched Rend for a moment. It took her a moment but she actually recognized him a little. Since Tarlaka wasn’t native to Adela at all, she had missed the misfortune of his and had to ask around a bit so she got a full picture of him. Sure it seemed to be a little selfish, his reason for becoming a knight, but everything is fueled by some selfish background. Tarlaka tilted her head and blinked a few times before opening the door to her room and looked into it for a moment before coming back out and closing it. She looked at him oddly before she smiled.

�Of course I’m serious, I asked around about you and what I heard impressed me. If I didn’t think you were up to it, I wouldn’t have even been here.�

Placing her hand on the hilt of her sword and pulling her wings close to her body, Tarlaka nodded and then started to walk down the hall. Hopefully Rend would follow if he knew what was good for him. In her head, she was talking a mile a minute, wondering what the hell to do with an apprentice... Stopping for a moment she turned around and looked at him, her eyebrows drawn together and her bottom lip in her mouth.

�I actually have no idea what I’m doing, I’ve never had an apprentice before, but I think we can muddle through this, hmm?�

A slight smile was given and she looked up at him. This should so be the other way around. Tarlaka turned around again and began to walk towards the main entrance hall of the castle, by all rights; Tarlaka should be out of the armour and resting. But she wasn’t probably because she didn’t care all that much, if she fainted, than she’d not do any more rounds, and teach in a dress. She couldn’t wait. Ha, yeah right. The looks she’d get would be just wonderful on their own. And by wonderful, she meant horrible. Half the males probably only listened to her because she had breasts, and by then they would only be looking at her breasts. Stopping for a moment, Tarlaka paused her mental rambling to look back at Rend.

�Why me? There are many more male knights, like Denkou, who could assist you.�

Denkou was pretty noble she supposed, he wanted the whelp whereas she didn’t and would probably be more than happy to get rid of it. Ruin her reputation of being the sexless ice queen. Jerk. Once again stopping her ramblings she ran a hand through her hair before she turned around and started to walk again, probably looking like a disgruntled teenage girl.

�Okay, I’m assuming you know the basics, so lets go to the library and talk.�

Talking was good! It was safe! And it wouldn’t make her pass out, bonus.