Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Floral Stripes [DragonSong]

Started by Juno, September 01, 2016, 01:43:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Juno

"You did save my life," he reminded him with a small shrug, though the shifter had been able to sell the beast that had attempted to gore him. Perhaps they were whole with that.

He slipped the coins back into his bag without a fuss. No sense pushing the issue if he didn't want it yet, but Irah was determined to be decent enough while Akio would be helping him.

"Can you make fire and all that, too? I'm not particularly...good with it," he admitted, not entirely incapable but also not wanting to risk the tiger's wrath if he managed to burn down the whole forest.

DragonSong

The shifter groaned and rolled his eyes heavily. "Yes I can make a fire. Is there anything you can do?" he snipped peevishly, glowering back over his shoulder.

Juno

He snorted lightly at the question, shaking his head mildly. "Yes, of course. I can do many things I'm just not particularly good with most of them," Irah explained with a short huff. "Much better with...plants and such. An herbalist and mage...but that is why I'm here anyway, to learn what I can."

DragonSong

"What, can't you just magic up a fire then?" Akio retorted, evidently unconcerned with what the consequences of using elemental magic in Thanatos might be-- even if he was a foreigner.

"Seriously, how did you expect to survive this trip if you can't even set up a decent camp on your own?"

Juno

Irah pursed his lips and narrowed his eyes at the tiger, shaking his head for his questions. "It's not that I can't I'm just...not the best with these things. There's a difference between completely helpless and uncomfortable, you know. I could survive just fine on my own."

He sighed and glowered at the back of his head. It wasn't his fault he was so ignorant, Irah just had to remember that. "Besides... I'm not good with that sort of magic," he offered with a shrug.

DragonSong

"Yeah, I'm sure. That's why I had to save your life yesterday," Akio grumbled.

Before Irah could respond, he suddenly drew up short. "Here. This is as good a spot as any." He gestured to the small gap in the trees ahead of them. "If you've got your own supplies, start setting up. I'll gather some firewood."

Juno

The mage leaned to look around him at the unassuming little clearing just ahead, frowning at his orders and sighing as he nudged his bag off his shoulder. Of course he had no supplies, but he would not suffer a night out in the forests without cover or a soft bed of leaves.

Wandering a little ways off Irah gathered an armload of fronds from the nearby foliage, settling himself down on the ground to neatly knit them together with a little of his magic flowing out through his fingers in a green glow.

DragonSong

Almost despite himself, Akio watched curiously as the mage set about weaving his bed mat.

"What exactly can you do?" he asked gruffly after a few moments. "With magic, I mean."

Juno

Irah glanced up from his work, holding it up slightly to show him as the petals kept knitting themselves together automatically. "Things like this, manipulate the plants a little, but- I mostly use it to enhance my medicines, make them stronger... and I work as a healer as well for more serious conditions. It takes a lot out of me, though, I prefer to give slower treatments when I can," he offered in explanation.

DragonSong

"Hm." Akio watched a moment longer, then sighed and got to his feet, crossing to stand just over Irah. "Here." He reached up over their heads and pulled a few thicker fronts down from the trees around them. "Use these. The stalks are stronger, and the leaves are softer."

Juno

He'd set his work back down on his lap, completely unfazed by the shifter looming over him. The light snapping of stems got his attention, tilting his head back some to watch what he was doing, perhaps being stubborn and getting his own things ready instead of letting him help... Irah was surprised when the shifter offered them to him instead, mouth curving up at one side in a little half-smile for his explanation.

"Thanks...I'll use these for bedding, then," he agreed, taking them and weaving a little of his magic through the fibers. Once he was done he had a decent bed made up across the ground and was up and trying to secure the larger leaves overhead for some cover for when it might next rain in the jungle.

DragonSong

He just grunted and nodded, then made his way back to the other side of the small clearing, taking tiger form as he did so. With a low rumble, he paced in a small circle, then curled up with his tail over his nose, eyes narrowed to slits.

Juno

Irah watched the tiger out of the corner of his eye as he finished up, stepping back from his little shelter once he was satisfied with it.

"I'll be back later, I guess. Still a bit of daylight left," he offered with a little wave to the resting feline. Turning away to head back further into the trees he scooped up his bag off the ground and pulled out his notebook to continue his work.

DragonSong

Whoa whoa whoa.

Hold on.

With a growl Akio surged to his paws, stalking after the mage. What is wrong with this guy? Did he actually have a death wish?!

Juno

The low sound made the ground beneath his feet tremble, but Irah only glanced back at him briefly with a blank look as he was followed.

"Doesn't even trust me to find my way back," he sighed, shaking his head in disappointment but continuing onward until he'd found something new to take a sample of.

DragonSong

Akio didn't feel the need to dignify that with a response. He just continued to follow the mage at a safe distance, eyes and ears alert and watchful for any sign of danger in the ever-darkening jungle.

Juno

Irah had intended on turning back well before dark. He really wanted to prove Akio wrong, but- He kept finding new things to add to his little journal and before he knew it the ground was covered with far more shadow than light.

Cursing under his breath he grabbed up what he could to finish making his notes at their camp by firelight and turned to find his way back, shoving through the underbrush and determined not to fall on his face anymore. He did stumble a few times, but the mage managed to return unscathed just as the last bit of sunlight was dipping under the horizon.

"See? That wasn't so bad."

DragonSong

The tiger fixed him with the drollest look he could muster in this form and growled. Thoroughly annoyed, he stalked forward and shoved his head into Irah's hip, more or less herding the other man toward his makeshift bed.

Juno

"Ouch!" Irah muttered, stumbling forward a bit for the unexpected headbutt. Akio was persistent, though, and he kept moving until he'd plopped down onto his little bed of the large leaves the tiger had brought him before.

"Gods, you're strong. So stubborn," he muttered, shaking his head but reaching out to him anyway to scratch at his neck in an absent attempt at soothing the annoyed cat. "I made it, didn't I?"

DragonSong

Akio tried to growl, but what came out was a purr. He froze, startled by the sound, and reeled back from Irah's scratching fingers.

Without thinking he'd shifted, lunging forward to pin the other man down with his wrists above his head, glaring at him. "Stop. Touching. Me."